Atlantic Central Football Conference/Independents

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:14:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HSCTiger74

TANSTAAFL

wesleydad

had always looked forward to a night game, just not friday night at 600.  won't be able to make the game this week.  looking forward to see how the wesley offense does this week.  do they have a running back/s that can take the pressure off the new qb.  i figure the defense will be very strong and with widener losing their qb it may be tough for them to score.  they have a stud wide receiver that will be a good test for what should be a strong secondary.  will be looking forward to hear how the team looks this year.  the season comes down to the first 3 weeks although I think the game at birm south after the UMHB game could be a trap game.  1 lose early especially against UMHB, although I think UMHB lost more from their team than wesley did, will not hurt anymore than that and the playoff run will likely be over.

still getting out to see a game this weekend and likely a good one with rowan at del val.

Teamski

I'm going to attempt to get out of class early to at least catch the second half of the Wesley game.   I gotta watch that friggin' game as it may well be my only chance of seeing them in person this season  (it nauseates me to say that too)!   It is a school function, is it not?   ;)

I think the real challenge this year is going to lie with the offensive line as the Wolverines lost some good players from last year.  How well the offensive line holds will determine a lot for Callahan and the pocket.   I don't think he has the scrambling ability of McSweeny, but I have a feeling he can scramble a bit better than Sottilaire.   I have no doubt the defense is going to awesome as usual.  The key is whether or not the offense can catch up. 

-Ski
Wesley College Football.... A Winning Tradition! A Coach Mike Drass Legacy.

D3MAFAN

Quote from: Teamski on September 03, 2013, 11:51:20 PM
I'm going to attempt to get out of class early to at least catch the second half of the Wesley game.   I gotta watch that friggin' game as it may well be my only chance of seeing them in person this season  (it nauseates me to say that too)!   It is a school function, is it not?   ;)

I think the real challenge this year is going to lie with the offensive line as the Wolverines lost some good players from last year.  How well the offensive line holds will determine a lot for Callahan and the pocket.   I don't think he has the scrambling ability of McSweeny, but I have a feeling he can scramble a bit better than Sottilaire.   I have no doubt the defense is going to awesome as usual.  The key is whether or not the offense can catch up. 

-Ski

Defense does WIN championships...last year showed that.

beenhit2hard

We would like to be there , but we have a game at 7:00,,,looking forward to the rest of the season!!!

Teamski

Quote from: D3MAFAN on September 04, 2013, 12:17:28 AM
Quote from: Teamski on September 03, 2013, 11:51:20 PM

-Ski

Defense does WIN championships...last year showed that.

Then again, an offense that continually goes three and out will lose the game for the defense.  A lot of games showed that!!   ;)

-Ski

Teamski

GAME DAY!!!!       GAME DAY!!!!        GAME DAY!!!!       GAME DAY!!!!         GAME DAY!!!!          GAME DAY!!!!          GAME DAY!!!!         GAME DAY!!!!        GAME DAY!!!!
Go Wesley!!       

D3MAFAN

Quote from: Teamski on September 06, 2013, 10:21:50 AM
GAME DAY!!!!       GAME DAY!!!!        GAME DAY!!!!       GAME DAY!!!!         GAME DAY!!!!          GAME DAY!!!!          GAME DAY!!!!         GAME DAY!!!!        GAME DAY!!!!
Go Wesley!!   

If I wake up earlier enough, I get to listen to the game before my flight.

dedragon

Very impressed with Callahan tonight. Not often do you see a kid throw for 500+ and 5 td's in his first start in college. A couple of learning moments, but they are greatly overshadowed by the successful. Strong arm, quicker release than the scrimmage last week. Ran the offense with confidence and poise. A great start for the Wolverines this season.

Now for the defense. They were on their heels for the first quarter and a half. Widener did a great job tossing the ball around to many targets. But the second half was purely dominant. 8 sacks on the night, most in the second half had the qb looking for a place to hide. Speed on the edges was killing the Pride.

Wescott (3) had a monster night with 13 tackles and Kapepula was a close second. Morris had the INT and some nice hits too.

On to SU...

Teamski

Quote from: dedragon on September 06, 2013, 09:53:24 PM
Very impressed with Callahan tonight. Not often do you see a kid throw for 500+ and 5 td's in his first start in college. A couple of learning moments, but they are greatly overshadowed by the successful. Strong arm, quicker release than the scrimmage last week. Ran the offense with confidence and poise. A great start for the Wolverines this season.

Now for the defense. They were on their heels for the first quarter and a half. Widener did a great job tossing the ball around to many targets. But the second half was purely dominant. 8 sacks on the night, most in the second half had the qb looking for a place to hide. Speed on the edges was killing the Pride.

Wescott (3) had a monster night with 13 tackles and Kapepula was a close second. Morris had the INT and some nice hits too.

On to SU...

I fully concur!

I rushed out of class getting my early out with a text from my wife, "21-20 Widener".  I was shocked....Losing at the half?  Well, from what I was told when I got in the stands in the first minute of the second half, I was happy I didn't watch the first!  However, what I did get to see was pretty impressive on both sides of the ball.  For a long time, I heard that Callahan had an arm and an arm he has!!  I was really impressed with his composure in and out of the pocket.  He is extremely accurate and definitely up to the task.  Really pleased with him!  His connections with Koudossou will be pivotal this season.  It was neat to see Brandon Wright back on the field with his hard-hitting running, but he has got to keep the ball off the ground.  I hope to see a lot out of him this season.  Jeremiah Howe was awesome as usual.  He really turned out to be one hell of a player:  just so flexible either running or receiving. 

The defense, well, they really gave the QB problems in the second half.  Man, they just swallowed him up!

I was overhearing the Widener announcers talking about the game.  They were really impressed with Callahan's performance and the adjustment of the defense from the first to the second half.  Where have we heard this before?  Anybody remember the Linfield game?

So, that may have been my only chance to see the Wesley Wolverines this year in the flesh.  New names on both sides of the ball and yet Wesley continues to impress. 

-Ski

Teamski

Looking at the stats, Wesley had 622 yards of offense vs 270 yards for Widener.  In addition to Callahan's 37 of 52 passes for 510 yards, Koudossou had 266 yards receiving.  Cho!     :o

-Ski

wesleydad

Didn't make the game, but it looks like it was a good win.  Total yards 600+ is very impressive.  Callahan's stats look really nice, that kind of production will make it tough on anyone.  Looks like the turnovers kept the game close and the kicking game has to improve, 2 missed field goals and and extra point can be the difference in the game.  Will be looking forward to getting to Dover next week to see the Salisbury game.

Teamski

Wow, Salisbury loses to CNU 17-10!  It looks like they were victimized by their own triple option.  No doubt that if Wesley plays like they should, the defense is going to have a field day trapping the interior line and whatever is behind it.  Pretty shocked at the loss.....

-Ski

wesleydad

ski, i watched the game and except for the first drive of the game CNU was the beter team.  Their defense was very good, looked like Wesley in how they handled the option.  The rivalry is always tough, but I agree with you, don't see the Gulls scoring much on Wesley if they only get 10 tonight.  Still looking forward to the game next week, want to see what the offense looks like.  With the results today, it looks like this could be the year that some different teams make the Stagg.