4-2 Augustana , Carthage
3-3 Elmhurst
2-4 Carroll
2-5 North Park
1-5 Millikin
1-6 North Central
remember that the CCIW playoffs will now consist of the top six

iwu70

If MU can push WC and only go down by 1 point, they must be pretty good, better than their 1-5 CCIW record indicates.  I have a lot of respect for Coach Lett.  The TITANS playing there better pay attention, take care of business.

Build the resume, take the games one at a time, leading up to the next match-up with Wheaton.

Yes, top six teams in the CCIW tournament this year, the new format.  EC. Carroll and NPU likely battling it out for those last two spots.  I think WC, IWU, Augie and Carthage will be in.  Ten games to go . . .

IWU'70

GoPerry

Quote from: iwu70 on January 11, 2019, 08:54:00 PM
If MU can push WC and only go down by 1 point, they must be pretty good, better than their 1-5 CCIW record indicates.  I have a lot of respect for Coach Lett.  The TITANS playing there better pay attention, take care of business.

Build the resume, take the games one at a time, leading up to the next match-up with Wheaton.

Yes, top six teams in the CCIW tournament this year, the new format.  EC. Carroll and NPU likely battling it out for those last two spots.  I think WC, IWU, Augie and Carthage will be in.  Ten games to go . . .

IWU'70

In a prior post, I think I made mention of Wheaton's size being a matchup advantage on offense but a handicap on defense.  MU is a smaller team and thus a speedier team overall.  No one will mistake this Thunder squad for being particularly fast and most glaringly on the defensive end. 

Titan Q

IWU/Millikin women's game bumped back two hours due to weather - now at 4:00pm.

Gregory Sager

North Park's game at Carroll was bumped ahead three hours because of the weather. The result:

North Park 70
Carroll 69

Josie Summerville: 18 pts, 13 rebs, 3 stls
Jayla Johnson: 17 pts, 8 rebs
Zakiya Newsome: 12 pts, 6 rebs

Sierra Grubor: 30 pts
Alyssa Cruz: 21 pts, 7 rebs, 4 stls
Katie Rossetti: 8 rebs, 4 blks
Kayla Stefka: 6 rebs

NPU dodged a bullet to come away with this afternoon's win up at Van Male. The Vikings used 11-0 and 9-0 runs in the fourth quarter to build up a late nine-point lead at 70-61 with under three minutes to go. Alyssa Cruz and Sierra Grubor alternated scores to bring the Pioneers back to within a point with 29 seconds to go, while over that interval NPU went 0-5 from the field (including four missed layups) and 0-2 from the line. That last 28 seconds, though exciting, wasn't exactly dazzling basketball, as the two teams traded turnovers, NPU missed another pair of free throws, and Katie Rossetti of Carroll missed a layup just before the buzzer.

The Vikings once again shot poorly -- their shooting line was .424/.182/.522 -- but they dominated the boards, 40-35 (including nine more offensive caroms than the Pios had), and won the turnover battle by four, which meant that NPU shot 15 more FG attempts and the same number of FT attempts as Carroll. That proved to be just enough of an offensive advantage to get the job done.

It wasn't pretty, but it's a win -- a road win, no less -- and the Vikings will take it.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

iwu70

Titans had a good outing in Decatur, winning 82-64 over Olivia Lett's Big Blue.  Never trailing.

Merritt putting together one heckava season:  21 and 12
Shanks 16
Sam Munroe, likely a career night for her, 17 on 7-11 and 3-4 from treyland
Someone new stepping up each game.

For MU:
Saddler 19
Hildebrand 19
Anthony 11

Titans now 13-3, 6-1.

Keep it rolling, Green!  One game at a time. . .

IWU'70

RogK

Carthage cruised to a 19 pt win at Augie, 73-54.
The Lady Reds hit 12 of 20 threes and also scored a lot at the foul line, 25 of 35. Among those who did well were Autumn Kalis (21 pts, 6 reb), Madie Kaelber (17 pts, 5 reb) and Bailey Gilbert (12 pts, 8 reb).
Augie was poor at all three phases of shooting : 19% 3FG, 38% 2FG, 50% FTs. Mia Lambert did well, scoring 11 from 7 FG att. Alexis Jones led with 7 rebs, while Scooter Lopez had 5 steals.

GoPerry

Wheaton takes care of business 75-60 over Elmhurst at King.

Hannah Williams  18 pts, 5 rebs
Jordan Myroth  13 pts, 13 rebs, 3 asst(1to), 2 blks and a steal
Kristi Demski 13 pts
Devin Kyler, 10 pts, 6 rebs

EC was led by Courtney O'Donnell with 16 pts and Lisa Logan's 10 pts, 13 rebs.

A second straight really good game out of Hannah Williams is a welcome site.  And Jordan Myroth asserting herself more is really paying dividends for the team.  Just keep putting up the Ws.

Titan Q

This is a very big recruit for Millikin and head coach Olivia Lett...

https://twitter.com/bailey_coffman1/status/1084583879925813248

Coffman is a great player from Bloomington Central Catholic.

GoPerry

Quote from: Titan Q on January 14, 2019, 07:35:03 AM
This is a very big recruit for Millikin and head coach Olivia Lett...

https://twitter.com/bailey_coffman1/status/1084583879925813248

Coffman is a great player from Bloomington Central Catholic.

Interesting. Wondering if any news on teammate Lauren S?  IWU inside track I assume - so now we know Titans won't get both.

RogK

During the webcast of the Elmhurst-Wheaton game, they said Jenn Berg was on crutches, having been injured in that contest. Hopefully, she can return to action in this, her senior season. Sister Jill was said to be returning soon; she must've been injured in the win at IWU January 2. Good luck to the Berg sisters.

duckfan41

Quote from: RogK on January 14, 2019, 11:48:26 AM
During the webcast of the Elmhurst-Wheaton game, they said Jenn Berg was on crutches, having been injured in that contest. Hopefully, she can return to action in this, her senior season. Sister Jill was said to be returning soon; she must've been injured in the win at IWU January 2. Good luck to the Berg sisters.

Jenn went down with a no contact knee injury early in about the third quarter against Elmhurst. I hope it's nothing serious but it didn't look good.

RogK

Thanks for that report, duckfan41.
-
Congrats to the new CCIW Player of the Week, Madie Kaelber!

Mr. Ypsi

New poll is up.  IWU jumps from 18 to 14 (which shocked me; I thought they'd only make it to 17 or maybe 16); Wheaton rises from 24 to 22.

I was confident that IWU would pass Wartburg; was fairly confident they might pass ETBU; but they also passed SUNY Geneseo and George Fox.  That 2012 title might still be paying dividends with the voters!

Interesting at the top of the poll:  Bowdoin and Thomas More are tied at 612 points, but they list it as 1. Bowdoin  2. Thomas More.  I guess 13 vs. 12 first place votes must be the criterion.  IMO TM is CLEARLY the best team in D3.  Bowdoin is undefeated, but most of their opponents have been tomato cans (they did decisively beat Tufts); Thomas More has been destroying very good teams; by my count at least 7 teams better than Bowdoin's second best win.  In the regular season, TM can rise to the top only if Bowdoin loses, as their season is essentially over:  not being in a 'real' conference, they had to front-load their schedule before potential opponents got into conference play.

Gregory Sager

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on January 14, 2019, 10:56:05 PMI was confident that IWU would pass Wartburg; was fairly confident they might pass ETBU; but they also passed SUNY Geneseo and George Fox.  That 2012 title might still be paying dividends with the voters!

::)
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell