FB: Old Dominion Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HSCTiger fan

Nash Nance throws 25-35 and 481 yards 5 TDs. Holton Walker has 275 yards receiving and 3 TDs. Michael Mey has 112 yards receiving. Brady Macko rushes for 126 yards 1 TD. Tiger offense rolls up 640 yards offense on today.

EH was easily the 2nd best team HSC has played this fall. HSC offense is rolling. Against Wabash HSC scored 21 in a loss. The last 5 games they've scored 35, 56, 62, 55, 49.
Hampden Sydney College
ODAC Champions 77, 82, 83, 87, 07, 09, 11, 13, 14
NCAA Playoffs - 77, 07, 09, 10, 11, 13, 14
The "Game" 60 wins and counting...
11/18/2018 Wally referred to me as Chief and admitted "I don't know about that!"

GC2005

TigerFan

Sounds like Nance had himself a game today...congrats on the win.  Each te I checked the score while I was at the GC ge it seemed as if HSC just pulled further and further away.  The stats look like a complete offensive clinic put on by the Tigers today's. 

JK

Congrats to the Gennies for the big win today.  Folks on the board seemed to agree that W&L is definitely better than their record would indicate.  Not taking away anything from RMC, but W&L's win doesn't surprise me at all. 

With that being said, I think RMC and GC will have a tight game coming up next week.  GC was better against the run today but I recall RMC being tough between the tackles last year and if they are the same this year it could be hard for GC to overcomes.  Not to mention the fact that GC has struggled on the road this year, sliding by Soithern Virginia and getting handled by SU last week.   

Congrats to SU as well as.  I truly believe SU is getting better and better as time passes.  Coach Yoder is doing some really good things up there with those boys.

odacsuperfan

What a great win by W&L ! Quakers are staying solid. I did think that the Quakers would win more convincingly. SH had a harder time with Catholic than predicted. And I think we all know who is the team to beat in the ODAC now. I don't know why Tiger Fans can't just be honest and state how good they are this year ? Too much talent to lose in ODAC. Maybe they get challenged at Shenandoah next week. Just don't see it. If Quakers play out of their minds maybe they can pull off upset at HSC ? E&H vs GC last game could be big. A lot more football to play.

hasanova

Guilford played reasonably well yesterday, but could never put the hammer down versus a good BC team.  GC led by two TDs three times at 14-0, 21-7 and 35-21.  BC scored to make it 35-28 and then executed a perfect onside kick for their final drive.  The Quakers held on inside the five and got a stop on fourth and 1 with about 45 seconds to go.  The refs brought out the chains and the gap looked to be about 6 inches.  In reality, the Quakers are in "playoff" mode the rest of the season.  I think the ODAC champ will have only one loss at most.

HSCTiger fan

Only twice in the coach Favret era have the Tigers worn garnet on garnet uniforms. They wore garnet pants with garnet jerseys for the first time last year against Maryville. The second time was yesterday. 

In those 2 games:

Holton Walker has caught a combined 26 passes for 543 yards and 6 TDs! 

Nash Nance has thrown for 819 yards and 10 TDs!

Amazing stats for both. 2 more home games this fall. Personally I love the garnet on garnet!

Hampden Sydney College
11/18/2018 Wally referred to me as Chief and admitted "I don't know about that!"

jknezek

Nice to see the Generals get a win. Wish I could have seen the game, but I was stuck at a wedding. I thought the team might be maturing, and I think they will be competitive with everyone going forward. We will see. At Bridgewater isn't a good omen. Always a bad place for W&L.

hasanova

Quote from: jknezek on October 20, 2014, 08:52:24 AM
Nice to see the Generals get a win. Wish I could have seen the game, but I was stuck at a wedding. I thought the team might be maturing, and I think they will be competitive with everyone going forward. We will see. At Bridgewater isn't a good omen. Always a bad place for W&L.
Bridgewater is a good team ... not great ... but very solid.  Even at 4-2 (1-2), I will not be surpised if they still go 4-3 in the ODAC.

jknezek

Quote from: hasanova on October 20, 2014, 09:18:52 AM
Bridgewater is a good team ... not great ... but very solid.  Even at 4-2 (1-2), I will not be surpised if they still go 4-3 in the ODAC.

At this point I don't see much difference between Bridgewater, RMC, E&H and Shenandoah. Home team wins. Guilford might have fallen back into that grouping. W&L might be climbing into that grouping, but I'm not convinced of either yet. Catholic looks like the real straggler and HSC is probably the clearest favorite we've seen in the ODAC in a fair few years.

My big surprise so far this season is Guilford not being as strong as I thought. Yeah, only 1 loss and playing hard, but just not as convincing as I thought in a couple wins and certainly surprised by the loss. E&H is also a bit better than I thought they'd be, but other than that 14-13 win over Maryville I don't see much that makes me really think they are a player. The Wasps only have a road trip to Lexington left, so they look favorable for second place. I suppose that would be a surprise in Coach Newsome's first year.

jknezek

Quote from: CMR on October 20, 2014, 09:33:45 AM

Going 4-3 in the ODAC?  Who are they playing in the seventh game?   ;)

Well, Bridgewater's seventh conference game is Catholic the last week of the season. Are they not going to play one? The ODAC has 8 football members and a seven game conference season since Shenandoah joined.

hasanova

Quote from: jknezek on October 20, 2014, 09:35:57 AM
Quote from: CMR on October 20, 2014, 09:33:45 AM

Going 4-3 in the ODAC?  Who are they playing in the seventh game?   ;)
Well, Bridgewater's seventh conference game is Catholic the last week of the season. Are they not going to play one? The ODAC has 8 football members and a seven game conference season since Shenandoah joined.
Keep up CMR.  :) This is the third season the now 8-team football ODAC has played 7 conference games.  I see your post was deleted, so you probably realized that on your own.

tigerfanalso

odacsuperfan

I don't think HSC is a lay up to win the conference which is why I'm not going to make a statement as to how good they are.
Still need to go to SU, who beat us last year, and to BC which is never easy. Followed by GC and RMC and if you know anything about The Game, absolutely any thing can happen. Our defense needs to improve and our special teams have hurt us
in several games. HSC might be the best on paper at this point but our D and ST play are not exactly championship caliber at this point. Both are good, just not where they need to be.

GC2005

You're right tigerfanalso, I don't think it's a lay up for HSC to win the conference, but anyone planning on beating them better pack a lunch and bring their "A" game while they are at it.  SU is a pretty good football team, I wish you guys the best of luck, but then again you may not need it.  I didn't see the SU/GC game, but I listened to it.  It sounded like SU controlled the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.  I think they are pretty tough up front. 

Haven't looked at the rest of the ODAC schedule this week, but I am sure there are some entertaining games on slate.  I will miss this weekend's game because of my wedding.  Luckily, my better half has offered to let me bring a laptop since the wedding doesn't start until 5.   ;D

HSCTiger fan

Last year GC was 4-0 in the ODAC with 3 games to play. They lost 2 of those games. Point is at 3-0 HSC has only locked up a .500 season. Their are a lot of games to be played.
Hampden Sydney College

HSCTiger74

Quote from: HSCTiger fan on October 20, 2014, 01:00:40 PM
Last year GC was 4-0 in the ODAC with 3 games to play. They lost 2 of those games. Point is at 3-0 HSC has only locked up a .500 season. Their are a lot of games to be played.

Not to be picky, but at 3-0 HSC has only locked up a 3 win season. They could still lose their last four games and finish 3-4, although I very strongly doubt that would happen.
TANSTAAFL

jknezek

Quote from: HSCTiger74 on October 20, 2014, 02:37:23 PM
Quote from: HSCTiger fan on October 20, 2014, 01:00:40 PM

Not to be picky, but at 3-0 HSC has only locked up a 3 win season. They could still lose their last four games and finish 3-4, although I very strongly doubt that would happen.

We're all having fun with the nitpicking lately. CUA and CAU, CMR's math (yep, that was me with an assist from Hasa), and now HSCTiger's math. It's all in good fun...