MBB: University Athletic Association

Started by Allen M. Karon, February 21, 2005, 08:19:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethelred the Unready

Quote from: 7express on January 25, 2013, 03:00:43 PM
I say Brandeis and Rochester split with each winning at home.
I would have to say Emory has to go at least 3-1 to stay in the race the next 2 weeks??  Is the game vs. Rochester at the end of the year in Rochester or Atlanta for Emory??

Atlanta
"Your mind is on vacation but your mouth is working overtime" - Mose Allison

howardjp

I saw a tweet from him wishing the team well.

@deiscanton of course

[
quote author=Ethelred the Unready link=topic=639.msg1489031#msg1489031 date=1359137653]
Quote from: WUH on January 25, 2013, 10:36:11 AM
Free Allen Karon! Brandeis travels to Emory tonight and Rochester on Sunday in critical road games with a chance to take lead in the UAA race. It is time for your triumphant return to D3boards.com.

I've been wondering where Allen is......
[/quote]

Gregory Sager

Quote from: Ethelred the Unready on January 25, 2013, 01:14:13 PM
Free Allen Karon! Brandeis travels to Emory tonight and Rochester on Sunday in critical road games with a chance to take lead in the UAA race. It is time for your triumphant return to D3boards.com.

Me, too. I was just thinking about Allen last weekend when I was at the Brandeis @ Chicago game. Hope he's doing well.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

howardjp

If he was watching tonight's game, he would be a disappointed fan, team had a five pt lead nearing the end of the first half, then Emory ran off 8 straight for a 3 point lead at the half.

Second half was mostly a disaster, Emory pulled in front by about 8, 'Deis fought back to tie at 40, I believe, then it was all Emory, Retos was off and non-Moten backcourt men got beat repeatedly on drives.  Late in the game, Moten went down and seems to have an ankle sprain, any additional info appreciated.

In all, a strange night for Brandeis, they looked jet lagged in 2nd half, Kalilou and Freeman didn't play, wondering if the flu bug might also be a possibility, or looking ahead to Rochester, or the dreaded D3Hoops.com "curse", having received a nice profile this week.

Hoping for a better showing in Rochester, a win there still brings them home in first via head to head.

Quote from: Gregory Sager on January 25, 2013, 06:33:11 PM
Quote from: Ethelred the Unready on January 25, 2013, 01:14:13 PM

Me, too. I was just thinking about Allen last weekend when I was at the Brandeis @ Chicago game. Hope he's doing well.

jaybird44

Wash-U prevailed 84-76 @ Carnegie.  Six Bears were in double figures, led by Rob Burnett's 17.  That balance was very much needed, as the Tartans were 9-11 shooting from the start of the game.  WU had to fight back from an 18-8 deficit to take a 3-point halftime lead.  The pesky Tartans had another strong start shooting the ball in the 2nd half, but the patient Bears got some 3s from Alan Aboona and Tim Cooney, slices to the basket by Ben Hoener, and customary scoring from Chris Klimek and Matt Palucki.

Wash-U needs to start building momentum and put some pressure on the trio ahead of it in the UAA.  A good win tonight, and the Red & Green Express rolls on to Cleveland to visit Case and to see if some more coal can be added to stoke WashU's engine.

Ethelred the Unready

Quote from: howardjp on January 25, 2013, 09:36:51 PM
If he was watching tonight's game, he would be a disappointed fan, team had a five pt lead nearing the end of the first half, then Emory ran off 8 straight for a 3 point lead at the half.

Second half was mostly a disaster, Emory pulled in front by about 8, 'Deis fought back to tie at 40, I believe, then it was all Emory, Retos was off and non-Moten backcourt men got beat repeatedly on drives.  Late in the game, Moten went down and seems to have an ankle sprain, any additional info appreciated.

In all, a strange night for Brandeis, they looked jet lagged in 2nd half, Kalilou and Freeman didn't play, wondering if the flu bug might also be a possibility, or looking ahead to Rochester, or the dreaded D3Hoops.com "curse", having received a nice profile this week.

Hoping for a better showing in Rochester, a win there still brings them home in first via head to head.

Better but not too good!  :D

One of the best games I've ever watched was the Brandeis/Rochester game in 08 when UofR was ranked #1 and Brandeis #2

WUPHF

I think I am going to go ahead and pay the $6.95 to watch this game.  It should be a great game.

WUPHF

Quote from: jaybird44 on January 26, 2013, 02:28:29 AM
That balance was very much needed, as the Tartans were 9-11 shooting from the start of the game. 

And 7-13 from three point range in the first half, but fortunately Carnegie cooled off a little in the second, and shot 44 percent for the game. 

Washington University ranks 291 in perimeter defense with opponents (including non-conference) shooting a combined 35 percent.  Brandeis at 95 and Rochester at 114 lead the league in this regard.

The Bears amazingly shot 19-25 from the charity stripe last night.  Night and day from the way shot against Rochester and Brandeis.

howardjp

Ironically, I'm going to the Celtics - Miami game as part of a Brandeis Alumni event, was kidding yesterday that we should get a "Deis-Rochester feed up in the suite!

feed
Quote from: WUH on January 26, 2013, 10:23:25 AM

I think I am going to go ahead and pay the $6.95 to watch this game.  It should be a great game.

WUPHF

Case Western Reserve and Washington University 34-34 at the half.  The Bears pushed the lead early but the Spartans pushed back with Klimek on the bench and 6-10 shooting from three point range.

The Spartans are wearing throw-back uniforms with the Case Institute of Technology logo.  The women are set to wear Western Reserve College uniforms.

No word yet on whether or not they will sport the Fat Man with a Surf Board logo next weekend. 

WUPHF

Washington University defeats Case Western Reserve 74-69 in Cleveland.  The Spartans had a few chances to tie the game late.  The Spartans shot well from three point range (11-21) and defended well, but the Bears again had a big rebounding advantage (38-24) and shot 54% from the field (and 10-12 free throws). 

Rob Burnett may have had his best conference road-trip with 13 points and 8 rebounds today to go with 17 points and 9 rebounds on Friday.  Palucki (11), Klimek (16) and Hoener (13) in double figures.

Dane McLoughlin and Tim Chung finishing with 18 and 14 points respectively to lead the Spartans.  Klements with 12.

WUPHF

Brandeis leading Rochester in NY, 31-28 with 16 left in the game.  Rochester shooting under 30% at the moment.  DiBartolomeo trending way under his season average with 7 points.

Reset: Brandeis leads 50-45 with 6:48 left in the game.  Ben Bartoldus leads Brandeis with 18 while DiBartolomeo has 17.

Reset:Brandeis leads 50-49 with 5:15 left in the game.  DiBartolomeo has 21.

WUPHF

DiBartolomeo finishes with 36 points to help Rochester fend off the upset bid.  Rochester over Brandeis 69-65.

Chicago takes Carnegie Mellon to overtime on a last second three, but the Tartans get their first conference win of the season 75-74.

Ethelred the Unready

Quote from: WUH on January 27, 2013, 01:30:29 PM
DiBartolomeo finishes with 36 points to help Rochester fend off the upset bid.  Rochester over Brandeis 69-65.

Chicago takes Carnegie Mellon to overtime on a last second three, but the Tartans get their first conference win of the season 75-74.

19/19 from the line.  Ice.......

Greek Tragedy

Quote from: WUH on January 27, 2013, 01:01:39 PM
Brandeis leading Rochester in NY, 31-28 with 16 left in the game.  Rochester shooting under 30% at the moment.  DiBartolomeo trending way under his season average with 7 points.

Reset: Brandeis leads 50-45 with 6:48 left in the game.  Ben Bartoldus leads Brandeis with 18 while DiBartolomeo has 17.

Reset:Brandeis leads 50-49 with 5:15 left in the game. DiBartolomeo has 21.

Quote from: WUH on January 27, 2013, 01:30:29 PM

So he scored 15 points in the last 5 minutes of the game.  Nice!
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!