MBB: Landmark Conference

Started by Dave 'd-mac' McHugh, February 20, 2007, 07:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rofrog

Every team has a bad game yes even the dukies.They are 11-0(Scranton) for the first time since 91-92 when bess was here.Just enjoy the start  they maybe not killing it but they have the W.Lady Royals move to 12-0 They are really putting it together also take two in Worcester by 37 and 31 today so 12-0 women 11-0 men probably only team that has men and women undefeated enjoy this moment excitement has returned to the Long Center.Happy New Years everyone

Tim the Enchanter

Rofrog, I think you´re right.  No other college in D3 that I could find have both the men´s and women´s teams undefeated (unless both are also unranked, which is unlikely...)

It´s an exciting young team and I am definitely enjoying their fast start.  The present is, overall, good, and the future is bright.

That said, they still have some growing pains to go through.  The fact that they won these last three games while not playing their best basketball is promising, but they can´t keep playing like this going into conference play.  If they can keep up the energy while minimizing the mistakes, then I´m sure that 2019 will be even more exciting than 2018.

Happy New Year!

NEPAFAN

12-0 and one of only five teams in D3 that are unblemished. Unreal turnaround from a bleak season last year.

BUT, my gripe is that one of your star players is in street clothes and the radio broadcast seems unsure why ( at least at the end of the broadcast, i missed the beginning in all fairness); the schools' press release doesn't mention the player's absence; and the local newspaper is lost ( site is overwhelmed with ads and pop ups) and can't provide a quote from the coach. I think he got hurt at the end of the game so it might be an injury, but also wouldn't be surprised if it was coach's decision.

I understand we aren't talking D1 here, but at 12-0 Scranton is a real story and would like a little more in-depth coverage from the school,  and local media.

A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

ronk

I heard 'coach's decision' from Dean at the beginning of the broadcast; while the player was injured towards the end of Sunday's game, he did seem to be walking fine last night, so I'm inclined to believe the decision was a T/O.
  There were knicks on a couple of other players last night so we'll see how their recovery goes on Saturday.

NEPAFAN

Thanks Ronk,

I walk back my comments as they apply to the broadcast then haha. I heard a comment on the broadcast whether it was injury/or something else they need him back for the next game. The confusion surprised me a bit.

Like I said I joined the broadcast late, so I didn't hear the beginning.  That being said, like seeing a few new players getting some time on the floor.
A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

Rofrog

Yes Mancuso was hurt in the game against Kings !!

saratoga

While it may be convenient to say he sat to rest a minor injury, I'm pretty sure his back to back "technicals" for:

A. Slamming the ball on the court 20' in the air on Sat. after he was called for a foul and,

B. Kicking the same said ball into a wall on Sunday after a foul call actually had something to do with his excursion to the end of the bench.

If he can harness some of that passion in a positive way, he's an All-American.

Gabriel

Saw him do about the same thing against Hartwick earlier in the season----double technicals.  When is enough enough?

Rofrog

Second game without Mancuso and it really showed today.Hats off to ETown for finding a way to win that shot at the buzzer 35 footer was amazing.Royals it is only one loss without the man in the middle hopefully he is back in the lineup for Wednesdays game.Keep playing your game .

NEPAFAN

So it is an injury. Hope he is back against Moravian, the loser of that game is going to be in an early hole in conference. Not sure what happened in the CUA-Moravian game, but didn't see that result coming either.
Vince Lombardi

ronk

I think the Landmark is so bunched this season that everyone has a shot at its postseason tourney with Goucher being the longest shot; for that reason, there are no "big" games this month; they are all equally important.

Hopefully, the Royals' end-of-game/half strategy(e.g., E-town) gets polished; one would think that by the time players reach college that they are aware of what should and should not be done.

Rofrog

That is why they are called Freshman!With Mancuso Scranton wins that game.Remember this is a very, very ,very young team.

saratoga

This game was winnable without Mancuso.

Why DeVerna wasn't given the ball to take to the hoop on that last possession is a mystery.

Taking a jumper with 9 seconds on the clock & nobody underneath was just brutal.

I've watched that last sequence over & over on tape and it was poorly set up right from the start.

If that's your best play with the hammer & on the road, rip it up and find a new one real soon & get the ball in the hands of your most dependable free throw shooter.

Rofrog

See the difference with Mancuso in the game is he plays underneath,You saw the frustration on coaches face like what the hell is a 6ft8 outside shooting 3s instead of his position,I thought it was a great shot if it went in he is a hero ,so you win some lose some.I just wish these kids 6ft8 would learn to play under the basket not 30 ft away that was a big problem so that is why I said if Mancuso is in you win.

NEPAFAN

Glad I missed this game lol
Vince Lombardi