D-3 Players in the Pros

Started by Knightstalker, August 18, 2005, 02:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

umhb2001

Looks like Jerrell Freeman (UMHB) will play this week as he was back at practice yesterday for Indianapolis.
Watch out for the wreckingCRU defense!!

02 Warhawk

Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs 2m2 minutes ago
Former #Bears QB Matt Blanchard back on field for #Panthers after missing 4 months with concussion from @josephperson http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014

FCGrizzliesGrad

With the 61st pick in the 2015 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select... Ali Marpet... Guard from Hobart... a D3 player taken in the 2nd round   :o ;D
Football picker extraordinaire
5 titles: CCIW, NJAC
4x: ODAC:S
3x: ASC, IIAC, MIAA:S, NACC:S, NCAC, OAC:P, Nat'l
2x: HCAC, MIAC, ODAC:P, WIAC
1x: Bracket, OAC:S

Basketball
2013 WIAC Pickem Co-champ
2015 Nat'l Pickem
2017: LEC and MIAA Pickem
2019: MIAA and WIAC Pickem

Soccer
2023: Mens Pickem

Joe Wally

Quote from: FCGrizzliesGrad on May 01, 2015, 09:28:42 PM
With the 61st pick in the 2015 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select... Ali Marpet... Guard from Hobart... a D3 player taken in the 2nd round   :o ;D

Made my evening.  That and the fact that the Bears addressed some significant needs along the OL & DL.

Ron Boerger

Highest-drafted D3 player in history.   Good luck to this young man!

Joe Wally

Whitewater's Kumerow signed with the Bengals.

Pat Coleman

Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

MediaGuy

Just curious, but with the start of the Canadian Football League this week, are there any players/coaches with a D3 pedigree...seems like a likely place for anyone who couldn't make it on an NFL Roster

Kira & Jaxon's Dad

Quote from: MediaGuy on June 28, 2015, 11:38:46 PM
Just curious, but with the start of the Canadian Football League this week, are there any players/coaches with a D3 pedigree...seems like a likely place for anyone who couldn't make it on an NFL Roster

After a Quick Scan of the CFL Rosters on their respective Websites I only saw two former DIII Players in the CFL:

Jasper Collins (Mount Union) - Hamilton TigerCats

Eric Rogers (California Lutheran) - Calgary Stampeders
National Champions - 13: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017

WarhawkDad

Quote from: MediaGuy on June 28, 2015, 11:38:46 PM
I think this is somewhat wishful thinking which I initially shared.   But with more reflection - think of the number of D1 players who go undrafted to the NFL and the number of D2.   Even though the CFL is a major step down from the NFL, there are still many players that played at 2 higher levels than our best at D3.    Don't get me wrong, I would love the inverse to be true.   

WarhawkDad
Six Time National Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013 and 2014

2013  WIAC PICKEM CHAMPION

"Pound The Rock!!!"

olddog

Pat C ....I know you are busy researching Redlands Football,  but a quick update of D3 players in camps would be fun.

Thanks
California, Where no cares who is in charge and zero accountability

ITH radio

Marpet debuts tonight with Bucs on NFL network. Kumerow doing well with Bengals and Franks fighting for the kicking job in Miami. I believe the Bucs also have a former Heidelberg player at WR.

Blanchard is also currently 3rd string on the Packers roster.
Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

olddog

I watched Marpet this weekend. He did pretty well. One can tell he is getting used to the tackles being on him quicker, versus playing OT. He and the tackle did miss one stunt where they should have exchange rushers on a twist by the defense. He got off the ball pretty well, used his hands well and appears physical enough to play in the NFL. I can see why Tampa drafted him, given how well he moves his feet, nothing but upside from I saw and better than several young linemen trying to make the team. 

Mugsy

Wheaton Football: CCIW Champs: 1950, 1953-1959, 1995, 2000, 2002-2004, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2019

olddog

I watched the Eagles this weekend. Bailey for Delaware sure looked good this weekend, strong hands. They said he would most likely make the practice squad. However I think there is a window when other teams can pick him up. It shall be fun to watch.