MBB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by Board Mod, February 28, 2005, 11:18:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildcat

Can someone please remind me. When is the CCIW expanding to 9 teams ?

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: Wildcat on April 24, 2015, 02:23:22 PM
Can someone please remind me. When is the CCIW expanding to 9 teams ?

2016-17.

Titan Q

Quote from: Wildcat on April 24, 2015, 01:43:17 PM
Aaron Twist a 6-11 ,240lb post player from West Frankfort ,Illinois.

Here is a tweet about him signing his letter of intent to Elmhurst.

https://twitter.com/RedbirdSportsAD/status/590215240324947969

Greek Tragedy

Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Wildcat

Thanks for the information guys. Talk about a fountain of knowledge, right here on D3 hoops.

AndOne

Quote from: Wildcat on April 24, 2015, 01:43:17 PM
The first recruits for Elmhurst are Aaron Twist a 6-11 ,240lb post player from West Frankfort ,Illinois. And Adam Braxton a 6-3 guard-forward from Leyden township High School in Northlake ,Illinois. Thanks for your insight And One.

Just by virtue of his being 6'11" you would think he would have rec'd a low D1 or at least a D2 offer. Even if he can't play a lick, you would think some school would take a chance based on height alone. It's not like any of us who regularly follow high school and D3 basketball haven't seen this happen a dozen times. If the kid can actually play, then that's a huge bonus for EC beyond him just standing under the basket collecting rebounds.

iwu70

Any stats on the big guy going to EC?  Can he play? 

'70

Gregory Sager

Quote from: AndOne on April 18, 2015, 01:19:18 PM
Quote from: Gregory Sager on April 18, 2015, 12:30:57 PM
Quote from: Titan Q on April 18, 2015, 09:35:50 AM
We seem to be right at the time when kids are making final decisions.

Many of them are making final decisions now. But a significant number of them won't do so until later on in the spring, or even into the summer.

Is this code for we won't be hearing anything about any North Park recruits for a while yet;)

Not entirely, although ... yes, you won't be hearing anything about any North Park recruits for a while yet. ;)
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

AndOne

Posters/Readers-

Please permit a bit of a diversion from basketball/sports.........

If any of you have children, you and your better half have a day of joy and happiness to look forward to on their wedding day. My wife and I had the fortune to experience these sensations yesterday when our son was married. Lots and lots of work leading up to the event (done mostly by the Mrs.), but certainly well worth the effort when it's all over. You feel so good you can't even criticize a bitter rival!
I hope, at some point in your family's journey, that lots of you get to experience the elation I/we are now enjoying. Those of you with married kids know what I'm talking about.  ;D

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: AndOne on April 26, 2015, 05:49:21 PM
Posters/Readers-

Please permit a bit of a diversion from basketball/sports.........

If any of you have children, you and your better half have a day of joy and happiness to look forward to on their wedding day. My wife and I had the fortune to experience these sensations yesterday when our son was married. Lots and lots of work leading up to the event (done mostly by the Mrs.), but certainly well worth the effort when it's all over. You feel so good you can't even criticize a bitter rival!
I hope, at some point in your family's journey, that lots of you get to experience the elation I/we are now enjoying. Those of you with married kids know what I'm talking about.  ;D

Congratulations!  One of my sons is married (and gave us our first grandson just under a year ago, with a granddaughter expected in August); the other was very close one time, but she got cold feet (her father cheated on her mother, they divorced, they re-married, he cheated again and they divorced again - understandably she is pretty scared of commitment!  He is the second guy who thought they were headed to the altar, then got dumped.)  A close friend of my older son (they've been buddies since age 1 or 2) got engaged this afternoon!

AndOne

Thanks, Ypsi. And congrats to u also.............GRANDPA.  :)

iiwwuu

Quote from: Titan Q on April 11, 2015, 09:12:38 AM
IWU recruit names I have seen on Twitter...

* Nick Coleman, 6-2 PG/SG (St. Patrick H.S., Chicago)
* Mark Falotico, 6-1 PG/SG (St. Viator H.S., Chicago)
* Ben Sestak, 6-6 SF (Sacred Heart-Griffin H.S., Springfield)

Why would any PG or SG's come to IWU right now?  The roster is grossly overloaded with SG/PG's and the coaches kid will be the main focus the next 3 years.  This past year's roster had 16 Guards on it with only 3 seniors graduating.  Contrast that with NCC as an example -- they only have 10 Guards on the roster

Then why bring in more Guards? This team needs Bigs.  Talk about hoarding players.  AAU coaches have been critical of IWU in how they hoard players -- and this is an example of it.  These incoming Freshman guards have very little chance of any meaningful minutes the next 3 years.  If I'm a HS guard and his family, IWU is off scope for two more seasons. 

Titan Q

Quote from: iiwwuu on April 28, 2015, 12:23:42 AM
Quote from: Titan Q on April 11, 2015, 09:12:38 AM
IWU recruit names I have seen on Twitter...

* Nick Coleman, 6-2 PG/SG (St. Patrick H.S., Chicago)
* Mark Falotico, 6-1 PG/SG (St. Viator H.S., Chicago)
* Ben Sestak, 6-6 SF (Sacred Heart-Griffin H.S., Springfield)

Why would any PG or SG's come to IWU right now?  The roster is grossly overloaded with SG/PG's and the coaches kid will be the main focus the next 3 years.  This past year's roster had 16 Guards on it with only 3 seniors graduating.  Contrast that with NCC as an example -- they only have 10 Guards on the roster

Then why bring in more Guards? This team needs Bigs.  Talk about hoarding players.  AAU coaches have been critical of IWU in how they hoard players -- and this is an example of it.  These incoming Freshman guards have very little chance of any meaningful minutes the next 3 years.  If I'm a HS guard and his family, IWU is off scope for two more seasons.

You seem to be someone with a strong recruiting interest against IWU.

Oh well, I hope you get whatever guard you are looking for so you can save the board the drama.