FB: Northwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:18:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gren

Quote from: D O.C. on November 21, 2017, 04:37:04 PM
I never made stupid decisions when I was under 18 to get arrested. Don't buy the being young for any of these newsworthy situations
DOC I remember having to pour my case a beer on the ground and told not to be seen again. Now they would take you to jail and interrogate to find the adult that bought the beer.

D O.C.

I just watched Lisa Ling on The Age of Consent.  I did not know about 10 states (yes, you Wisconsin) consider a 17 y.o. as an adult. Mess around with a sophomore or freshman in high school and you're easily convicted of a felony and go on the sexual predator list for life. Glad I saved myself for marriage. Too bad I waited until 55 to get married.

Safe travels everyone!

D O.C.

From memory, both in person and on computer:
LINFIELD has shown for 62 years it can win some games it should not have. They are prepared to capitalize on the opponent's mistakes.
IMHO, Mary Hardin Baylor has been the better team in every meeting.

In 2009 they showed up in McMinnville with Quincy in their backfield. They silenced the Catdome by jumping out 4 scores to nothing. However, they tried to play with 2 quarterbacks, one to pass and one to run. The ball bounced in the 'CATS favor without a doubt (ask Eric Hedin if he'd ever run that far with the ball). 'CATS were ready. Took 'ol Mo away from the Crusaders and embarrassed them.

2014 in Belton I will never understand the CRU on our goal line having pushed us down the field. A field goal that went amiss? Isn't that what happened? Why no run to win the game 35-31? 'CATS 31-28.

2015 in McMinnville perhaps LINFIELD was the better team leaving it all on the field 38-35 . A great deal of energy was spent to win that game and St. Thomas reaped the benefit the next week.

2016 will forever be in the minds of the 'CAT family. A deserved d3.com pre-season #1 ranking left in the Cruthederal humidity. A key 2nd half injury happens, a bad snap, and the wheels were jerked off by the true #1 team. LINFIELD had only been humiliated like that once in their football history. Finish business to earn another cooler trip to that Texas Stadium for a respectable loss. Still, an elimination so early in the playoffs?

2017 back in McMinnville for probably the last home and home meeting for awhile. Athletes on both sides of the ball. The purple and yellow ones pulled 2 great plays out of their helmet and there was no ball bouncing the WILDCAT way after that. We somehow felt a little good not giving up 62.

Much work by LINFIELD and they seem ready to leave the pines for the plains and see if the 'CRU really is the best at this time of year. Probably. They've beaten themselves before but those chinks don't seem to be in their armor any more.

NO INJURIES!

Kelly Boggs

DO.C,

You left out the first meeting between the Brett Elliot led Cats and The CRU in the 2004 Stagg Bowl. The Wildcats won 28-21. I would argue it was by far the toughest game for Linfield that season. The Cats were dominate that year. That Linfield team had one of the most explosive offenses I have ever seen. I was living in McMinnville at the time and saw every home game that season.

I would not say that UMHB has clearly been the better team in each meeting, especially in the 2004 match-up. I think the teams have been pretty evenly matched with turnovers and mistakes - to include penalties - making the difference in each game - which of course is usually the case when two quality teams play. 

Everything to this point means nothing. Saturday is a new meeting. I anticipate a good one. I hope CRU Nation will turnout and we will have a good crowd on hand to witness two of D3's finest programs.

Go CRU!
UMHB alumnus and proud supporter of The CRU. "UP with the PURPLE!" 

"If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas." - Darrell Royal

"Never make excuses. Your friends don't need them and your foes won't believe them." John Wooden

CalCat

Quote from: D O.C. on November 22, 2017, 01:43:59 AM
From memory, both in person and on computer:
LINFIELD has shown for 62 years it can win some games it should not have. They are prepared to capitalize on the opponent's mistakes.
IMHO, Mary Hardin Baylor has been the better team in every meeting.

In 2009 they showed up in McMinnville with Quincy in their backfield. They silenced the Catdome by jumping out 4 scores to nothing. However, they tried to play with 2 quarterbacks, one to pass and one to run. The ball bounced in the 'CATS favor without a doubt (ask Eric Hedin if he'd ever run that far with the ball). 'CATS were ready. Took 'ol Mo away from the Crusaders and embarrassed them.

2014 in Belton I will never understand the CRU on our goal line having pushed us down the field. A field goal that went amiss? Isn't that what happened? Why no run to win the game 35-31? 'CATS 31-28.

2015 in McMinnville perhaps LINFIELD was the better team leaving it all on the field 38-35 . A great deal of energy was spent to win that game and St. Thomas reaped the benefit the next week.

2016 will forever be in the minds of the 'CAT family. A deserved d3.com pre-season #1 ranking left in the Cruthederal humidity. A key 2nd half injury happens, a bad snap, and the wheels were jerked off by the true #1 team. LINFIELD had only been humiliated like that once in their football history. Finish business to earn another cooler trip to that Texas Stadium for a respectable loss. Still, an elimination so early in the playoffs?

2017 back in McMinnville for probably the last home and home meeting for awhile. Athletes on both sides of the ball. The purple and yellow ones pulled 2 great plays out of their helmet and there was no ball bouncing the WILDCAT way after that. We somehow felt a little good not giving up 62.

Much work by LINFIELD and they seem ready to leave the pines for the plains and see if the 'CRU really is the best at this time of year. Probably. They've beaten themselves before but those chinks don't seem to be in their armor any more.

NO INJURIES!

Doc...one of your best posts ever...l understood the whole thing !
CalCat

(509)Rat

Quote from: Kelly Boggs on November 22, 2017, 07:22:39 AM
DO.C,

You left out the first meeting between the Brett Elliot led Cats and The CRU in the 2004 Stagg Bowl. The Wildcats won 28-21. I would argue it was by far the toughest game for Linfield that season. The Cats were dominate that year. That Linfield team had one of the most explosive offenses I have ever seen. I was living in McMinnville at the time and saw every home game that season.

Whitworth and UWSP were the only other teams to even give them a game that year. The Butcher was the real deal.

D O.C.

And that's why I keep Kelly Boggs around.  :D

wildcat11

Quote from: (509)Rat on November 22, 2017, 10:15:03 AM
DO.C,

Whitworth and UWSP were the only other teams to even give them a game that year. The Butcher was the real deal.

The UWSP game was huge because we lost our starting Tight End that game and started to go with our four wide outs (Allan, Carter, McKecknie, Hazenberg) and never looked back.  Joel Clark had a pretty darn good day at the 'Catdome in 2004 too.

All 61 of Brett's TD passes in 2004: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwxHhcCW_78

RFB

The Butcher and (Allan, Carter, McKecknie, Hazenberg) still induce nightmares to this day. Name a better overall receiving core in the last 20 years?

RFB

Joel Clark is another name that Redlands fans would like to forget.

Kelly Boggs

Hazenberg was my favorite on that 2004 team. He was a football player and played wherever he was needed. He was an absolute kamikaze on punt returns.
UMHB alumnus and proud supporter of The CRU. "UP with the PURPLE!" 

"If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas." - Darrell Royal

"Never make excuses. Your friends don't need them and your foes won't believe them." John Wooden

CamCat

Quote from: RFB on November 22, 2017, 11:40:02 AM
The Butcher and (Allan, Carter, McKecknie, Hazenberg) still induce nightmares to this day. Name a better overall receiving core in the last 20 years?
That was one incredible team and Elliott's receivers were the best he could possibly ask for. As great as many Linfield teams have been don't you believe you have to look back more then 20 years to find the fire power this team possessed?
"Football isn't a contact sport, it's a collision sport. Dancing is a contact sport."
Duffy Daugherty

CamCat

DO.C,

Right you are. We blew teams away all year including the Semi final vs. Rowan, 52-0 and we barely survived our Stagg Bowl game vs. the Cru. What a nail biter that was till the defense finally clinched a hard fought national championship for the Cats.
"Football isn't a contact sport, it's a collision sport. Dancing is a contact sport."
Duffy Daugherty

CamCat

Has anyone found the link for the free streaming video of the Linfield, UMHB game yet?
Duffy Daugherty