BB: CCIW: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by RedmenFB44, January 05, 2006, 12:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Ypsi

And after two outs, NCC wins it on a fielding error by UMB's third baseman.

Doesn't matter if it's pretty - in the postseason it's 'survive and advance'!  And they did. ;D

I'll be cheerin' for NCC tonite, but if it starts as late as I suspect it will, I may not last the whole game.  Cal Lu is looking like a team of destiny, but GO CARDS!

Rogalski gets the BS but, in compensation, the W!

Mr. Ypsi

Washington & Jefferson 8, Roanoke 1 - which was also the score after two innings!  Wild start; not much after that.

NCC/Cal Lu should start at roughly 8:55 CT.

Mr. Ypsi

Pat Coleman

NCC is battling. Running the bases aggressively. Nick Anderson has settled down a bit after a rocky start but still bouts of wildness.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Kovo

But all good things must end.  Great job by the Cards in their run.  Kudos to my NCC classmate Ed Mathey and the boys.  It was a lot of fun to watch this team.  They battled and battled, and fought to the very end.  They had hearts of Lions  Pat----I really enjoyed the coverage from Appleton---very professionally done.

Now we can turn our attention to a long hot summer and perhaps a uniform thread or two on the football board.

BigPoppa

Any early predictions for the CCIW?
As we creep closer to the second semesters beginning, what programs appear poised to make a run this season? Any top recruits/transfers land anywhere (D1/D2/JuCo transfers)?

I know the Redmen landed a nice arm over the past few weeks so they could be ready to make a move provided he works out for them. Anyone else?

Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: BigPoppa on January 02, 2018, 02:59:04 PM
As we creep closer to the second semesters beginning, what programs appear poised to make a run this season? Any top recruits/transfers land anywhere (D1/D2/JuCo transfers)?

I know the Redmen landed a nice arm over the past few weeks so they could be ready to make a move provided he works out for them. Anyone else?

I hope someone will respond to your questions, but I find it almost impossible to think about baseball when the temperature is below zero! :(

BigPoppa

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on January 02, 2018, 03:28:32 PM
Quote from: BigPoppa on January 02, 2018, 02:59:04 PM

I hope someone will respond to your questions, but I find it almost impossible to think about baseball when the temperature is below zero! :(

And to think there are schools in warm weather ready to open with games in about 4 weeks.

Jack Parkman

NAIA Hope International, coached by a former Whittier player, opens up with an exhibition game on January 12th against UC San Diego.  They open up the regular season on January 19th.  Crazy to think baseball is right around the corner for some....and for others, not so much.

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: Jack Parkman on January 03, 2018, 09:27:01 PM
NAIA Hope International, coached by a former Whittier player, opens up with an exhibition game on January 12th against UC San Diego.  They open up the regular season on January 19th.  Crazy to think baseball is right around the corner for some....and for others, not so much.

Yeah, that's the crazy thing about outdoor sports where you can't just play through bad weather - some teams are nearly halfway through their seasons before some Northern teams can even practice outdoors!

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on January 03, 2018, 09:51:57 PM

Yeah, that's the crazy thing about outdoor sports where you can't just play through bad weather - some teams are nearly halfway through their seasons before some Northern teams can even practice outdoors!
Yeah, I know. Then we warm-weather-climate university fans complain about the weather in a cold-weather-every-condition sport like football being in some place like Canton OH!   ::)   :o   ;D

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: Ralph Turner on January 03, 2018, 10:26:43 PM
Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on January 03, 2018, 09:51:57 PM

Yeah, I know. Then we warm-weather-climate university fans complain about the weather in a cold-weather-every-condition sport like football being in some place like Canton OH!   ::)   :o   ;D

Ya just gotta root for a "thunder-blizzard" - even football doesn't play thru lightning! ;D

BigPoppa

2018 Redmen Schedule is out.... and there is a bit of a different feel to this one than previous seasons.

http://athletics.carthage.edu/schedule.aspx?schedule=279

Mr. Ypsi

FWIW, the preseason poll is up.  NCC is ranked #9.  Wheaton got 1 point, but even that may have been an error - Wheaton (MA) is ranked #25.  No other CCIW team received any votes.