WBB: Middle Atlantic Conference board archive

Started by delvalfan, July 13, 2005, 06:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nescac1

Noteworthy: Crystal Griner, one of the two heroic police officers who prevented a massacre during the congressional baseball practice shooting, is a Hood basketball alum. 

http://www.thedailybeast.com/the-hero-cops-who-prevented-a-congressional-massacre?via=twitter_page

ronk

Johns Hopkins replacement for Nancy Funk as HC is Dickinson HC Katherine Bixby.

sp0rtsfan

Here's a belated but sincere note of congratulations to Bill Klika, FDU's long time AD. His retirement was announced back in late May. Bill was a 44 year employee of FDU Madison. I will always remember him as a person who deeply cared for FDU Devil scholar athletes.  My view is that he was a personable and cordial professional who I will always show due respect. I hope the existing coaches of the  Madison school thanked him for the chance he gave them to learn from his mentorship. 

bill

Congrats to FDU, kicking off this season with a win over R-Newark...

Here's hoping a safe and healthy season to all!
"To build may have to be the slow and laborious task of years. To destroy can be the thoughtless act of a single day."

kate

Wow, can DeSales knock off Tufts tomorrow in Montclair State's Winter Tourney and can Del Val beat undefeated Juniata in Juniata's winter outing?   Stay tuned - Best of luck to both teams!!!   Also congrats to Abright beating No. 1 Tufts this afternoon!   Go MAC!!!

kate

We will get there!   Juniata 68/Del Val 52   -   Tufts 81/DeSales 42 or 82/41, but hey, they are ranked # 1!

kate

Most certainly don't want to jinx them, but the Del Val Aggies are getting better with each game.   Yesterday, despite a two-hour power outage, they beat a solid Misericordia team 65/59.   They had been behind much of the first half, but went on several prolific runs in the second.   Big test on Wednesday night at Manhattanville, though King's beat them yesterday.   Can't wait to watch them play next Saturday when FDU comes down to James Work!   Go Aggies!!!

saratoga

Let me guess...another squirrel munching on the wires in the barn???  :o

kate

:) - Not sure exactly what happened Saratoga - can't believe they won without us watching live (son's birthday) - but just glad they were able to get both women's and men's games in yesterday.  Incidentally, you wouldn't recognize the barn :) - new floor AND new bleachers with steps AND a railing for us oldies!   Gotta love it!

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

The big game is over, so now it's time to focus only on basketball. Division III basketball to be exact.

Join Dave and a number of guests on this special Monday edition of Hoopsville. There is plenty to talk about including another crazy weekend of results that will have Top 25 voters scratching their heads and maybe pulling hair off their head as well. Plus, the first regional rankings come out later this week. While predictions are hard, there at least will be some reminding of how this all works.

And maybe even a preview of what this evening's Top 25s look like.

Hoopsville is presented by D3hoops.com and airs from the WBCA/NABC Studio. You can watch the show starting at 2:00 p.m. ET here: http://bit.ly/2FOQ7hX

If you have questions, be sure to email them to hoopsville@d3hoops.com or interact with the show via the social media.

Guests include (in order of appearance):
- Marc Edwards, No. 2 WashU men's coach
- Chris Harvey, Salem State men's coach
- Bill Fenlon, DePauw men's coach (NABC Coach's Corner)
- Caitlin Hadzimichalis, King's women's coach
- Cameron Hill, Trinity (Texas), women's coach

If you enjoy the show via the podcasts instead, you can get access to them or subscribe one of the three following ways (click on the images when necessary):
SoundCloud: www.soundcloud.com/hoopsville

Don't forget you can always interact with us:
Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #Hoopsville
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email: hoopsville@d3hoops.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/d3hoopsville

Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

kate

Thanks Dave!   Caitlin H. is a super good kid!  She graduated decades and decades after I did from Belvidere (NJ) High School and Marywood U.   Just an all-around winner!   Thanks for talking with her!

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

kate

Del Val travels to FDU-Madison today for a 1 pm game.   You have it the other way around.   The Aggies will travel and FDU is home.   Go Del Val!!!

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

The NCAA released the third set of women's basketball regional rankings with few changes from last week's version. This is the final set that we'll see before the Tournament bracket is released on Monday. Full list here: http://d3hoops.com/notables/2018/02/women-regional-rankings-third