FB: Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

57Johnnie

Quote from: Reverend MIAC on July 12, 2017, 12:57:48 PM
Quote from: wm4 on July 12, 2017, 12:51:15 PM
Quote from: DuffMan on July 12, 2017, 08:42:00 AM

Who knows?  I thought 20K would be a stretch, but it doesn't seem like that will be a problem.  With those prices, I'll keep my money and use it for something else, but I know of people that rarely/never go to Johnnie games that have tickets, so it'll be interesting to see how it all pans out.

I've heard some stories that families with both Tommies and Johnnies have turned this game into a reunion of sorts, and gobbled up a bunches of tickets.  Very cool.

So where are all these Johnnies going to park on game day? Have the Twins installed enough hitching posts to accommodate everyone?
They only need enough for the Tommies. Johnnie rides are always trained better so they can be ground hitched :)
The older the violin - the sweeter the music!

sjusection105

Quote from: Reverend MIAC on July 12, 2017, 12:57:48 PM
Quote from: wm4 on July 12, 2017, 12:51:15 PM
Quote from: DuffMan on July 12, 2017, 08:42:00 AM

Who knows?  I thought 20K would be a stretch, but it doesn't seem like that will be a problem.  With those prices, I'll keep my money and use it for something else, but I know of people that rarely/never go to Johnnie games that have tickets, so it'll be interesting to see how it all pans out.

I've heard some stories that families with both Tommies and Johnnies have turned this game into a reunion of sorts, and gobbled up a bunches of tickets.  Very cool.

So where are all these Johnnies going to park on game day? Have the Twins installed enough hitching posts to accommodate everyone?

The vast majority from the north & west will take the Northstar Line from Elk River
As of now they're on DOUBLE SECRET Probation!

Tom Thumb

Quote from: Greggers on July 11, 2017, 05:26:16 PM
Does anyone believe there is a chance to get 30,000? I know that is a bit of a stretch but when you consider all the possible walkups and student tickets still not having gone on sale could there possibly be 30,000? With the possibility of gameday or some other type of ESPN coverage drawing more fans maybe that many in attendance is possible

This was just posted a few hours ago in the Pioneer Press: http://www.twincities.com/2017/07/15/charley-walters-molitor-will-miss-bonding-at-hall-of-fame-inductions/

"It looks like the University of St. Thomas-St. John's football game on Sept. 23 at Target Field could draw as many as 30,000 fans."

art76

Bethel release: https://athletics.bethel.edu/news/2017/7/13/bethel-football-welcomes-35-newcomers.aspx

Some of you guys closer to the high school scene might recognize some of the names posted here - I sure don't.
You don't have a soul. You are a soul.
You have a body. - C.S. Lewis

OldAuggie

Quote from: art76 on July 15, 2017, 11:39:16 PM
Bethel release: https://athletics.bethel.edu/news/2017/7/13/bethel-football-welcomes-35-newcomers.aspx

Some of you guys closer to the high school scene might recognize some of the names posted here - I sure don't.
The RB Sam Gibas is a very nice athlete. He was a wrestler at Elk River as well and for a while the rumor was that he would wrestle in college. I watched him when Rogers played Elk River FB for two years and he was probably the best athlete on that ER team. He is a not a big back and the o-line he ran behind last year was behemoth but I still think he will be a good MIAC back.

MIAC champions 1928, 1997

OzJohnnie

Game of Thrones!

Is that a thing amongst the readers here?  I really enjoy the show, but at the same time have a lot of issues with it. It's a hopeless, bleak world world where only the strong survive and might makes right. You pick the goodies and the baddies not by their principles but by their personality. But the story writing skill is out of this world. The plot threads are so detailed, entwined and long term that it's a thrill to try and work out which prophecy will come true, who will win and where the story will go.

I hold out hope that the one character with a redemptive story arc will prove to be the ultimate hero, if still despised and unappreciated by all.  Jaime Lannister, take a bow (maybe).
[  

badgerwarhawk

Quote from: OzJohnnie on July 18, 2017, 04:28:53 AM
Game of Thrones!

Is that a thing amongst the readers here?  I really enjoy the show, but at the same time have a lot of issues with it. It's a hopeless, bleak world world where only the strong survive and might makes right. You pick the goodies and the baddies not by their principles but by their personality. But the story writing skill is out of this world. The plot threads are so detailed, entwined and long term that it's a thrill to try and work out which prophecy will come true, who will win and where the story will go.

I hold out hope that the one character with a redemptive story arc will prove to be the ultimate hero, if still despised and unappreciated by all.  Jaime Lannister, take a bow (maybe).

Usually I binge watch the show when the DVD comes out every February.  But this year my daughter has HBO and is recording it for me.  Now I just have to find the time to go over to her place and watch. 

Another one I'm hooked on is Showtime's Black Sails.  Game of Thrones with pirates. Unfortunately this year was the final season.  :(
"Just think twice is my only advice."

BDB

I wonder if Bartolo Colon can get by the 3rd inning tonight.   ???

OldAuggie

Quote from: BlueDevil Bob on July 18, 2017, 09:48:09 AM
I agree, he will struggle.  Desperate times I guess.
MIAC champions 1928, 1997

Boys of Fall

Quote from: BlueDevil Bob on July 18, 2017, 09:48:09 AM
Is there going to be a hot dog vendor in the dugout?

OzJohnnie

The Twinkies are surprisingly competitive this year and, amazingly, in the hunt for a post-season birth. They still haven't made it to TV down here. I've only watched one game about a month ago. Maybe as the season heats up I'll see some play.
[  

sjusection105

Quote from: OzJohnnie on July 18, 2017, 07:29:46 PM
The Twinkies are surprisingly competitive this year and, amazingly, in the hunt for a post-season birth. They still haven't made it to TV down here. I've only watched one game about a month ago. Maybe as the season heats up I'll see some play.
Pitching....................
I'm not getting sucked in just yet,to have my still beating heart ripped out & shown to me before I die yet another agonizing MN sports team death.

sjusection105

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/yankees-surge-past-colon-5th-win-twins-48716068

OzJohnnie

Quote from: sjusection105 on July 19, 2017, 05:17:19 AM
http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/yankees-surge-past-colon-5th-win-twins-48716068

Or not.  Sigh.  Some things never change.
[  

badgerwarhawk

Boy or girl?    ;)
"Just think twice is my only advice."