2017 Conversation Starter (News, Coaching Carousel, Rumor Mill, etc)

Started by DivisionIIISoccerSource, January 26, 2017, 10:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CharmCityFC

Quote from: Abitofeverything on July 01, 2017, 10:40:18 AM
Quote from: SoccerFan2017 on June 30, 2017, 04:12:32 PM
Quote from: DivisionIIISoccerSource on June 28, 2017, 11:13:58 AM
Quality hire for Stevenson with Former Goucher HC.

Whats quality about the hire? The coach won an average of 5-6 games a year at Goucher and never went to postseason play. Not saying they won't succeed but was that the best candidate?

I have to admit, he has a point! But let's be real about this situation...the women's coach takes over as Dir of Soccer, so he will be overseeing both programs. The women have been much, much more successful then the men. No question, he will continue to have his hand in the women's program....they just needed a coach willing to be micromanaged! The candidate pool was probably very good, but once you got a whiff of how the operation would be run....NO THANKS!

You also have to consider where the program came from. The program at Goucher when she got there couldn't field eleven players for games and now they are at least consistently competing for a spot in the conference playoffs (although they've yet to break through). Sure eventually you'd like to see more success but between the state of the program she received and the difficulties recruiting at that school, you can make an argument she did well there.

Abitofeverything

UPDATE:

Alfred U
Western Conn St
Rosemont College
PSU Abington
Pitt-Bradford
Ripon College
Agnes Scott College
Goucher College
Beloit College
Theil College

SoccerFan2017

Quote from: CharmCityFC on July 06, 2017, 12:49:51 PM
Quote from: Abitofeverything on July 01, 2017, 10:40:18 AM
Quote from: SoccerFan2017 on June 30, 2017, 04:12:32 PM
Quote from: DivisionIIISoccerSource on June 28, 2017, 11:13:58 AM
Quality hire for Stevenson with Former Goucher HC.

Whats quality about the hire? The coach won an average of 5-6 games a year at Goucher and never went to postseason play. Not saying they won't succeed but was that the best candidate?

I have to admit, he has a point! But let's be real about this situation...the women's coach takes over as Dir of Soccer, so he will be overseeing both programs. The women have been much, much more successful then the men. No question, he will continue to have his hand in the women's program....they just needed a coach willing to be micromanaged! The candidate pool was probably very good, but once you got a whiff of how the operation would be run....NO THANKS!

You also have to consider where the program came from. The program at Goucher when she got there couldn't field eleven players for games and now they are at least consistently competing for a spot in the conference playoffs (although they've yet to break through). Sure eventually you'd like to see more success but between the state of the program she received and the difficulties recruiting at that school, you can make an argument she did well there.

Understood in that regard to the recruiting difficulties at a school like Goucher won't come into place at Stevenson, if you compared resumes and track records I don't believe she was the most qualified applicant for the job which was my main point.

DivisionIIISoccerSource

Me and Abit go back and forth on hires.

Goucher is a tough sell in regards to recruiting. The chick is set up for success at Stevenson but she's a good coach to begin with. All has to focus on now is coaching. See there facilities? D2 quality. Goucher is hard to sell. (SO ABIT, that's my 2 pennies on that) besides: Records only prove nothing in some places, this being one. There conference was fairly competitive I think.

As for these other schools,

Ripon has interim. Sam will have influence on the next head coach absolutely.
Rosemont has hire I believe and so does Alfred.
Western Connecticut must have a coach. I feel like I saw it somewhere. No way is that place with a 60k salary still open.

Other schools are screwed.

Purplegatorade

UW Platteville opened, but it looks like they named the assistant Interim Head Coach.

Quote from: Abitofeverything on July 06, 2017, 03:11:13 PM
UPDATE:

Alfred U
Western Conn St
Rosemont College
PSU Abington
Pitt-Bradford
Ripon College
Agnes Scott College
Goucher College
Beloit College
Theil College

DivisionIIISoccerSource

Hartwick in NY has hired.

Also I will be updating and making a new Forum to talk about the season and opinions with you guys.

Will not be going into the recruiting classes. (Cause computer with allllllll of it is now gone. So...)

DivisionIIISoccerSource

Abitofeverything

Down to the wire....about a month out from Preseasons starting, and still no coach?

Alfred
Agnes Scott
Rosemont (no press release on site)
PSU Abington
Pitt Bradford
Western Conn St
Lebanon Valley
UC-Santa Cruz
Ripon
Goucher
Theil
Beloit

Miss any?

DivisionIIISoccerSource

Rosemont and Alfred both have a hire.
UCSC will have a new coach by Aug 1.
Ripon has interim.
Goucher has a decision coming.

DivisionIIISoccerSource

I'm pretty sure Goucher Decision is in. Steph Ricketts from Sarah Lawrence. Can't confirm that; do know Sarah Lawrence just open.