WBB: Landmark Conference

Started by Dave 'd-mac' McHugh, February 20, 2007, 07:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim the Enchanter

Darn.  I missed the application deadline.  Looks like the Lady Royals will have to make do without me.  ;D

Quote from: saratoga on April 28, 2019, 09:00:32 AM

The Lady Royal opening is posted.

Closing date to apply is May 10th.

Interviews over the next 2 weeks.

New coach announced by June 1st.

Winning the first 30 games in your first year is not a requirement, but is preferred.  ;)

saratoga

That's ok.

Once the new coach is announced, there may still be a chance as an Assistant Coach.  ;)

Good luck!

Tim the Enchanter

I could barely coach 7th graders, let alone college athletes!  ;)

Quote from: saratoga on May 11, 2019, 07:02:02 PM

That's ok.

Once the new coach is announced, there may still be a chance as an Assistant Coach.  ;)

Good luck!

ronk

Ok, is the stakeout of the AD's office set up this week to c who's made it to the interview level for the HC position?

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: ronk on May 04, 2019, 09:09:35 PM
Quote from: saratoga on May 04, 2019, 08:12:49 PM

Congrats to the U of S women's softball team winning today's Landmark Championship.

Too bad Moravian (host site) took their video equipment & went home after the Royals eliminated the Greyhounds.

Scranton then had to defeat Susquehanna twice after the
Moravian game.

Has to be tough to win 3 straight on the road with your next loss eliminating you.

Well done ladies.

Let's play 3!

Should be a strong reprimand from the commissioner or disqualify from future hosting.

Turned on WLAX final 4 the second half with Scranton leading 7-6; Catholic scored 6 straight then and won the AQ 15-9.
Scranton hoping 4 at-large berth tomorrow night.

For those who were complaining about this ... I am told by those who would know ... Moravian streamed each and every game of the tournament even after they lost.

There were links posted which I have seen. The games are also still available, best I can tell, on the archives.

Moravian did NOT pack up and go home after they lost.

To make it easier, I share this sent to me:

For those complaining about (Moravian) taking the video streaming equipment down after Moravian College was knocked out of the Landmark Conference Softball Tournament, please note the following.

1. Both the games in the championship round were broadcast live. There were 259 live views for game #6 of the tournament and 229 for game  #7. There have also been over 170 on-demand views of the games after the broadcasts were archived. The entire tournament viewership is over 2,200 people and still climbing with people watching the on-demand files, which will be accessible.
2. The links for all of the games were available on Moravian's Stretch Internet Portal - https://portal.stretchinternet.com/moravian/. They were also available at https://www.moraviansports.com/sports/sball/2018-19/Landmark/index.
3. If you are so inclined, the archive links are https://portal.stretchinternet.com/moravian/portal.htm?eventId=529134&streamType=video for games 6 & 7 in one video and https://portal.stretchinternet.com/moravian/portal.htm?eventId=529135&streamType=video for the end of Game 6 and all of game 7 based on how Stretch Internet saved the broadcasts in the system.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

ronk

Taylor Coleman, Lady Royals' assistant coach, will be rejoining Trevor @ Bucknell.

saratoga

Glad to hear that you have heard from those in the know that the games were available.

Unfortunately, even though I've watched hundreds of games in every sport in every conference, I can assure you, whatever they did to broadcast the games flew by me & if I missed them, I'm pretty sure many others did as well.

Rofrog

It makes you wonder if Taylor applied for the job?

Rofrog

Canio last man standing.From what i heard he told them that he was retiring after season ends .But when you have been around the game like him you will miss the game.So who knows he has given alot to the University.

Rofrog

So another coach in the landmark is gone Jim Reed susquehanna!

ronk

Surprising! Saw Jim Reed at a big AAU tourney a month ago, so I'm guessing that leaving was not his idea. Usually, I speak with Jim when I see him at the same events; just didn't speak with him this time.

ronk

Quote from: Rofrog on May 17, 2019, 10:23:32 PM
Canio last man standing.From what i heard he told them that he was retiring after season ends .But when you have been around the game like him you will miss the game.So who knows he has given alot to the University.

Maybe, last man sitting.  ::) I go back with Canio to the mid-'60s when we played ball on the outdoor courts @ Scranton Prep. There should be a spot somewhere in the NEPA basketball world for Canio.

Rofrog

Awesome Ronk: What do you think of Jim Reed stepping down from Susguehanna last day of work May 27.

ronk

Quote from: Rofrog on May 18, 2019, 12:25:53 AM
Awesome Ronk: What do you think of Jim Reed stepping down from Susguehanna last day of work May 27.

C my post a half-hour earlier.

Rofrog

So was it a force out or did he apply for the job at Scranton?  It says last day may 27 and if it was a force out why wait until this late in the season.He has been there 14 seasons.Maybe Trevor has taken him on.