FB: Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DuffMan, MediaGuy and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

MUC57

Duffman

Rolling Rock? Wow, that takes me back many, many years. Agree Yuengling is nothing special.
Rolling Rock! Pardon me while I have a little stroll down memory lane. I guess we all find something we like. Come to Alliance and have a cold one or ten on me. ☠ 🍻 ☠
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

miac952

Duff nailed it on Yuengling. Better than the domestics and fairly cheap, but not something to go chase down. The distribution is fairly limited to the east coast and rust belt I think.

I know its sacrilegious for Ohioan's to support anything north of their border but I love pretty much anything put out Bell's in Kalamazoo. I think the Columbus, OH area has a few nice brewery's as well.

MiacMan

Quote from: DuffMan on March 09, 2018, 09:51:46 AM
I've never seen Yuengling in MN.  Rolling Rock, yes. 
I'd heard about Yuengling for years.  I didn't realize that it was just a run of the mill domestic lager until we visited my BIL out east.  It's fairly cheap and better that Anheuser and Miller-Coors offerings, I guess, but it's nothing special.

Regular Rolling Rock, yes. I'm looking for their light version called "Green Light" anybody seen this around the Twin Cities? (I am watching my figure plus I am more of a quantity guy verses quality, Yuengling Light would probably be perfect for me)

DuffMan

Quote from: MUC57 on March 09, 2018, 10:15:08 AM

Duffman

Rolling Rock? Wow, that takes me back many, many years. Agree Yuengling is nothing special.
Rolling Rock! Pardon me while I have a little stroll down memory lane. I guess we all find something we like. Come to Alliance and have a cold one or ten on me. ☠ 🍻 ☠

I would prefer to never drink Rolling Rock again, but if you're buying...

A tradition unrivaled...
MIAC Champions: 1932, 1935, 1936, 1938, 1953, 1962, 1963, 1965, 1971, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1979, 1982, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
National Champions: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003

GoldandBlueBU

I share the same take on Yeungling - slightly better than Miller / Bud, but probably not worth the price difference?

Credit to them for getting every mile that they can out of the "oldest brewery in America", as it is definitely overrated in my book.

MUC57

GoldandBlueBU

Looks like we're all pretty much agreed on Yeungling (or is it Yuengling?). It seems to be reasonably popular here in eastern Ohio. I don't drink it.

Mr. Ypsi

The beer snob, huh? Well, Mr. Snob, if you buy the 24 ounce can of Busch Light, you get an extra ounce. That's 25 ounces at no additional cost. So put that in your mug/stein/glass/styrofoam cup or whatever and drink it.

P.S. Other posters - did I come across too strong to Mr. Ypsi? He seems like a nice guy except for his   
   aloofness.

Or as we say in Romanian - "noroc"! Same as cheers, skoal, prosit, salud, etc.

He does know I was just joking around, doesn't he? Or was I? ☠ 🍻 ☠

MUC57

All beer posters (and others too, if you want)

Look at "art76" last post. He has a link to a Guinness ad that is a riot. One of the best I have seen. Take a peek. ☠

jamtod

I saw on the tweeters that some of the UST football players were participating in a pro day. Anyone have a list of MIAC guys that were participating in pro day or might get a sniff at a practice squad/roster spot in the NFL?

MUC57

jamtoTommie

I can't believe you're talking football on the football boards. Can't you see we're talking "beer"!
How dare you mention football. Next you'll be discussing the rivalry between St. Thomas and St. John's. Why don't we just go on about Dlll football?
I leave it to the other posters: Schlitz or Mary Hardin-Baylor?; Fosters or Linfield?; Yeungling or Wesley?; any Busch beer or any team in the Old Dominion Conference?
This list is not all-inclusive but you get the idea. I'll go along with the majority, which shows my flexibility on the matter.
There it is. Beer or football? ☠ 🍻 ☠

Smitty Oom

Brandon Zylstra, a WR that graduated in 2016 from Concordia, has signed a futures free agent contract with the Vikings this offseason. All he did last year was lead the Canadian Football League in receiving yards and was selected as a CFL All-Star!
http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Vikings-Sign-Minnesota-Native-Brandon-Zylstra-To-Futures-Contract/da8e135f-c306-4bf4-87e7-b7bda7c2f422

Joe Callahan from Wesley (DE) was GB was the backup QB after Rodgers went down.

As I was watching a replay of the combine today I notice a DB from University of Dubuque, Michael Joseph, who was the Small College Defender of the Year.

I would be interested to know of any other recent D3 grads that are trying to find their way in the NFL.

OldAuggie

Based on his social media I am guessing Ray Guyton WR from Augsburg will give some level of pro ball a shot. 
MIAC champions 1928, 1997

sjusection105

Quote from: MUC57 on March 09, 2018, 03:49:41 PM
  P.S. Other posters - did I come across too strong to Mr. Ypsi? He seems like a nice guy except for his   
   aloofness.
MUC57, to answer your question- No. The question is are you ready when Ypsi comes back at you full throttle?  ;)

Local beers from Minnesota I like are Fulton (a Johnnie owner brewery) Sweet Child of Vine and Excelsior Brewing (another Johnnie owned brewery) Bridge Jumper. Both selections are IPAs.
As of now they're on DOUBLE SECRET Probation!

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: sjusection105 on March 09, 2018, 09:31:48 PM
Quote from: MUC57 on March 09, 2018, 03:49:41 PM
   aloofness.
MUC57, to answer your question- No. The question is are you ready when Ypsi comes back at you full throttle?  ;)

Local beers from Minnesota I like are Fulton (a Johnnie owner brewery) Sweet Child of Vine and Excelsior Brewing (another Johnnie owned brewery) Bridge Jumper. Both selections are IPAs.

I'd never go full throttle at MUC57 - my momma taught me to respect my elders! ;D

And I'm not enough of a 'beer snob' to turn down even major breweries 'swill' on a hot summer day.  But, given a choice, I certainly prefer imports or craft beers to anything from Miller, Coors, or Anheuser-Busch.  Among my Michigan faves (don't know how far afield these are available) are just about anything from Bell's or New Holland and (naturally ;)) Ypsi Gypsy from Arbor Brewing.

Something surprising I discovered on a trip out west a few years back:  being Mormon dominated, Utah naturally has some of the most restrictive liquor laws in the country.  But, amazingly enough, they also have some of the best craft beers I've ever found anywhere!

OzJohnnie

So, we hardly discussed the Viking's monumental choke this year.  Does anyone care?  We all knew it was coming, just a question of when.
[  

art76

Quote from: Smitty Oom on March 09, 2018, 06:49:51 PM
I would be interested to know of any other recent D3 grads that are trying to find their way in the NFL.

Pat mentioned something in the last podcast about future reporting on D3 prospects in the NFL. I think there is always some interest in stories like that.
You don't have a soul. You are a soul.
You have a body. - C.S. Lewis