BB: Top Teams in West Region

Started by CrashDavisD3, February 20, 2012, 08:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack Parkman

Quote from: Ralph Turner on May 08, 2023, 02:41:52 PM
Region 10 seems either down or incredibly balanced in 2023.
We may do well to get 1 Pool C bid, probably from the SCIAC.

I think, which is not my strongest attribute, that Pacific should be in a good spot for a Pool C, but teams like La Verne, CMS, and Chapman all have the chance to add more regionally ranked wins to their resume. What could really hose a team like Pacific is Chapman or Cal Lu winning the SCIAC tourney.

108 Stitches

I think it is down, SCAC is weak and is the first time I can remember that Trinity has not been ranked in top 25 as well as only TLU in regional rankings.
As we all know it is about getting hot around the playoffs so rankings don't mean anything once regionals start.
Good luck to the SCIAC teams in their conference tournament.

Jack Parkman

Looking at the Regional Rankings for teams that have not clinched a spot yet...

ULV: 5 wins and 7 losses against regionally ranked teams. They have the chance to add to each total this weekend.

CMS: 5 wins and 3 losses against regionally ranked teams. They also have the chance to add to their totals this weekend.

Pacific: 3-3 against Regionally Ranked teams with no way to improve. I feel "pretty good" about their position but only have 6 results against RR teams could bite them after this weekend.

Chapman: 9 wins and 8 losses against regionally ranked teams. Having a total of 17 results, with more ahead this weekend could really help them if they make a deep run this weekend in the SCIAC tourney.

TLU: 5 wins and 8 losses against regionally ranked teams. I think they are done since they are so low in the rankings right now.

Lewis & Clark clinched a spot already, but them dropping out of the RR this week hurts a few teams, especially Pacific.

Of course, none of this is accurate if it is still "Once ranked, always ranked". If that is the case, I'll just wait to see what happens.

Jack Parkman

Quote from: Jack Parkman on May 10, 2023, 09:48:15 PM
Looking at the Regional Rankings for teams that have not clinched a spot yet...

ULV: 5 wins and 7 losses against regionally ranked teams. They have the chance to add to each total this weekend.

CMS: 5 wins and 3 losses against regionally ranked teams. They also have the chance to add to their totals this weekend.

Pacific: 3-3 against Regionally Ranked teams with no way to improve. I feel "pretty good" about their position but only have 6 results against RR teams could bite them after this weekend.

Chapman: 9 wins and 8 losses against regionally ranked teams. Having a total of 17 results, with more ahead this weekend could really help them if they make a deep run this weekend in the SCIAC tourney.

TLU: 5 wins and 8 losses against regionally ranked teams. I think they are done since they are so low in the rankings right now.

Lewis & Clark clinched a spot already, but them dropping out of the RR this week hurts a few teams, especially Pacific.

Of course, none of this is accurate if it is still "Once ranked, always ranked". If that is the case, I'll just wait to see what happens.

Listened to the Podcast about d3 baseball yesterday and it seems like a coach in the West voiced frustration over Lewis & Clark dropping out of the rankings. The frustration comes from the fact that it improves the overall body for CMS as L&C took 2/3 from CMS.

Jack Parkman

Interesting start to the SCIAC tourney with both lower seeds winning their opening game. La Verne (#4 in the West) and CMS (#2 in the West) will play today to extend their season. ULV will be in major trouble if they drop this one.

CMS started a guy with 9 innings on the year and then went to another starter out of the pen. Not sure what that thought process is, but I am really curious to see how today ends up with CMS likely throwing their ace and ULV throwing the pitcher of the year.

DickWhitman

I'm new to following the SCIAC and west region. I've enjoyed reading through this thread. Are there any suggestions on podcasts or other sources of info on the region and topic?