MBB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by Board Mod, February 28, 2005, 11:18:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregory Sager

What we need is for Coleman's or Knobloch's dad to come on here anonymously to launch an incoherent running gripe session about Ron Rose hoarding guards and playing his kid too much, just to spice up this room a bit for the preseason. ;)

Quote from: AndOne on September 16, 2018, 10:37:37 PM
Lastly, IWU seems to have lost the twin towers of 6'7 225 Ethan Pogge, and 6'8 240 Hayden Monix. Two ships that passed in the night. 🌙

They're probably transferring to Augustana, the black hole in the universe of pituitary-gland cases. Every post-adolescent male in this state and eastern Iowa who's over 6'7 seems to be on the verge of being gravitationally sucked in across the Grey Giovanine event horizon. :D
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: Gregory Sager on September 16, 2018, 11:17:17 PM
What we need is for Coleman's or Knobloch's dad to come on here anonymously to launch an incoherent running gripe session about Ron Rose hoarding guards and playing his kid too much, just to spice up this room a bit for the preseason. ;)

Lastly, IWU seems to have lost the twin towers of 6'7 225 Ethan Pogge, and 6'8 240 Hayden Monix. Two ships that passed in the night. 🌙

They're probably transferring to Augustana, the black hole in the universe of pituitary-gland cases. Every post-adolescent male in this state and eastern Iowa who's over 6'7 seems to be on the verge of being gravitationally sucked in across the Grey Giovanine event horizon. :D

Oh, fudge!  I hoped IWU/Augie's second game would be at the end of the season, but their two games are 12-8 and 1-19.  A fitting end to the season would be the Augie five-pituitary cases vs. the IWU five-guard line-up! ;D

robertgoulet

I hear that Monix is with the Flint Tropics now.
You win! You always do!

iwu70

Yes, IWU roster up.  Some notable departures for sure.  Lots of talent returning.  My guess, speculation early on:

PG -- Rose -- Wolfe
2 -- Bonnett and ?
3 -- Gregoire and Doug Whalen
4 -- Baker and Miles Curry
5 -- O'Neil and Brice Robinson

Plenty of experience on the perimeter.  My view is that the IWU season will rise and fall largely on how much Baker and O'Neil improve, dominate the paint.

It should be interesting.  Others will step up, perhaps have their turn in the IWU program scheme of things.  Some very good JV talent last year, now having a shot.

IWU'70

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Is that an all guard lineup? That is what IWU does, right?

Sorry ... feeling frisky today so figured I'd dig into the well for that one. :)
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Titan Q

Quote from: titanalum94 on September 16, 2018, 07:44:43 PM
Zach Knobloch no longer with the Titans it appears...

https://www.iwusports.com/roster.aspx?path=mbball&roster=214&

He is still in school at IWU.  Just decided has was done playing basketball.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on September 17, 2018, 08:52:30 PM

Sorry ... feeling frisky today so figured I'd dig into the well for that one. :)

It's not too far into the well. Mr. Ypsi referenced it literally three posts before yours. 🤦‍♂️
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

This is true ... I guess I meant for me it was diving into a well since I don't go there often. But yeah... certainly not a reference that wasn't used recently.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Titan Q

Quote from: WUPHF on September 16, 2018, 09:42:16 PM
Nick Coleman is also missing from the 2018-2019 roster.

Coleman had a nice sophomore campaign and started last season OK before disappearing in the second half of the season.

Nick is also still at IWU.  He left the team right after last season ended I think. 

Titan Q

Quote from: iwu70 on September 17, 2018, 04:53:56 PM
Yes, IWU roster up.  Some notable departures for sure.  Lots of talent returning.  My guess, speculation early on:

PG -- Rose -- Wolfe
2 -- Bonnett and ?

Plenty of experience on the perimeter.  My view is that the IWU season will rise and fall largely on how much Baker and O'Neil improve, dominate the paint.

It should be interesting.  Others will step up, perhaps have their turn in the IWU program scheme of things.  Some very good JV talent last year, now having a shot.

IWU'70

I'd say Rose, Bonnett, and O'Neil are for-sure starters.  And I feel like Curry is an almost-for-sure guy.  After that it seems like things are pretty up in the air in terms of the final starter and all of the reserves.

I think there are two freshmen who have a chance to make the rotation.

Sophomore Doug Wallen is a guy that seems to have a really high ceiling.

Should be fun.  This is the most talented IWU roster in a while.

AndOne

Troublemaker❗️🧛‍♂️ 😏

kenoshamark

So, with the IWU roster already up, I thought I would check out the Carthage site.  Not that I expected any updates as they typically don't have anything until right before the season starts.   

I was surprised to find that the roster is completely gone from the site.  Don't ever recall that before.  Normally you just see the previous year roster left up for the interim.   So, not sure what to make of that.   My first inclination was were there some defections, but if there were, no need to change the roster until the season starts.  Just can't understand why it would be completely removed.

Maybe nothing, just thought I would bring it up and see if anyone had a better take.

Gregory Sager

Perhaps not carrying over rosters from the previous year is a policy decision by the new AD.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

AndOne

Quote from: Titan Q on September 17, 2018, 09:07:00 PM
Quote from: iwu70 on September 17, 2018, 04:53:56 PM

PG -- Rose -- Wolfe
2 -- Bonnett and ?

IWU'70

I'd say Rose, Bonnett, and O'Neil are for-sure starters.  And I feel like Curry is an almost-for-sure guy.  After that it seems like things are pretty up in the air in terms of the final starter and all of the reserves.

I think there are two freshmen who have a chance to make the rotation.

Sophomore Doug Wallen is a guy that seems to have a really high ceiling.

Should be fun.  This is the most talented IWU roster in a while.

I think it would take an act of God to prevent Rose, Bonnett, and O'Neil from being in the starting lineup, especially considering Rose & Bonnett are first team all-conference players, and O'Neil seemed to make steady improvement last season.

Curry's biggest contribution should be as a rebounder as the Green Team will have plenty of outside shooting. Offensively, he'll be most valuable as a slasher and short range jump shooter. I suspect teams won't be very worried if he wants to start firing up jumpers from a little further out because he frankly isn't a very good shooter from beyond 12-13 feet.

I've been wondering if Brice Robinson might peek out from behind the curtain this year. After being highly recruited out of high school, he has been virtually invisible the last two years. If he is going to be counted on as a backup low post 5, I think that might spell trouble for IWU's inside game as he doesn't have the reputation of being a very hard-nosed player, or of having much experience at all playing inside, preferring instead to pop from outside. Also, the fact that he couldn't beat out Tyler Burdine for PT last season doesn't inspire much confidence. I think soph Charlie Bair might be an entirely plausible alternative.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

I'm a little confused by the question about Carthage men's basketball's roster from last year ... I found it here: https://athletics.carthage.edu/roster.aspx?path=mbball. No issues.

Quote from: AndOne on September 17, 2018, 09:12:36 PM

Troublemaker❗️🧛‍♂️ 😏

;D :D