MBB: Landmark Conference

Started by Dave 'd-mac' McHugh, February 20, 2007, 07:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronk

We'll c if it improves this coming season with 2 NCAA tourney-capable and enjoyable teams; if not, better 2 have loved and lost than not at all.

NEPAFAN

;DPeople like staying home and listening to Dean and Harry
A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

ronk

videostreaming may be a significant difference in the 2 eras.

saratoga

i'm sure video-streaming plays a part, how much remains to be seen.

My concern is that the students themselves never walk out of the dorms or apartments to support the men.

Maybe the Royal faithful will start a trend like the Cubs fans of old who attended the games at Wrigley but listened to Harry.

Royal fans can attend the games & listen to Dean on their I-phones.

Scranton needs to hire someone to do community, university & alumni outreach to get people interested in coming out to 'America's gym" once more.  :)

ronk

For anyone who hasn't heard:

Steve Howes, who resigned recently as Catholic's winningest bball HC, has been named AD @ his high school alma mater, Our Lady of Good Counsel, Olney, MD.

Tim the Enchanter

Just noticed a commitment for the Royals from Stephen Braunstein, a slashing wing who was a 1000 point scorer out of CBA in Lincroft, NJ. 

That's three for the Royals that I know of.  Any other known commitments (for Scranton or other Landmark programs)?

ronk

I was hoping that he was a ball-handling PG rather than a slashing wing; those r the 3 that I know of - Braunstein, Ryan Ems, and the wing from Cooperstown.

ronk

Scranton bball has tweeted a 2+ min video of the 3 2019 recruits.

NEPAFAN

Quote from: ronk on June 15, 2019, 08:00:25 PM

Congratulations to what looks like a small but talented class. I know this may open a big can of worms, but would it be too much to ask for a little diversity on the Royal's roster?
A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

ronk

Quote from: NEPAFAN on June 18, 2019, 09:48:23 AM

Congratulations to what looks like a small but talented class. I know this may open a big can of worms, but would it be too much to ask for a little diversity on the Royal's roster?

Do u mean a 6-10 post player?  ;)

There's actually a prospect who practices at my fitness facility that Ryan says he'll check out this AAU summer.

jmcozenlaw

Quote from: NEPAFAN on June 18, 2019, 09:48:23 AM

Another player or two with a last name that ends in a vowel?

From my time as a mutual fund wholesaler many years ago, some of the best Italian food that I have ever consumed was in the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre area. The absolute best was a little joint in a place called Clarks Summit. One night, I was stopped when walking back to the bathroom. These three guys stopped me and asked me where I was going. I told them, "to the bathroom". They told me that I didn't have to go. I told them that I did. They all moved the left side of their respective jackets a bit to the left and I noticed that they were carrying. I said, "look at that, I don't have to go..........I just pissed myself". We all had a laugh. They went back to the circular table that about 12 people were sitting at and the 3 of them didn't face the table..........they had their seats facing the front door. The head guy was talking out of a voicebox in his neck. I figured it all out at that time. It was the mob. I found out next time eating there that it was the guy who owns all of the car dump/salvage yard places all over NEPA (can see some massive one's from the Northeast extension) and also got involved in gambling as he held many properties in the area for years. I forget his name............but I never forgotten the taste of the bruschita and the veal parmigiana. ;)

Wiseguys and simply indescribable Italian food.....................perfect together. Ronk, I'm guessing that you or any of the older Scranton alums are very aware of the, let's say, the local wiseguys, from your time at Scranton. This dinner was right out of central casting, minus the Joe Pesci character, which was a good thing given his penchant for violence in Goodfellas. :)

lefty2

If you are going to accuse someone of being the head of the mob, it's probably best to 'forget' his name.
The person who says something can't be done shouldn't stand in the way of the one who's doing it.

NEPAFAN

Okay that went in a different direction. ;)
Vince Lombardi

jmcozenlaw

Quote from: lefty2 on June 18, 2019, 01:27:23 PM
If you are going to accuse someone of being the head of the mob, it's probably best to 'forget' his name.

He was the head of the J.V. mob.....................not the Varsity. :)

NEPA is not New York or even Philly. That's where the Varsity played. ;)

ronk

Quote from: NEPAFAN on June 18, 2019, 01:34:04 PM
Okay that went in a different direction. ;)

Do u see now how diversity is so hard to achieve?    ;)