MBB: Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference

Started by N, March 01, 2005, 04:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat Coleman

Foreigner, our FAQ section.

Also, in the NCAA we just call it the NCAA Tournament. Only the NAIA folks call it national tournament, to distinguish it from their regional tournament.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Cardinalboy

Does anyone know of any incoming freshmen that are on campus now since school has started? Who has the best recruiting class? Will Edgewood repeat this year? if not, who has upset potentail?

Big_Uns

As far as Lakeland goes, there was an article in the Sheboygan Press about a month or so ago about two kids from one of the Sheb. high schools, one a freshman and the other a sophomore transfer from Marquette, joining the team. The article also listed a few other names, a couple from Minnesota, mostly guards and small forwards, if I remember correctly. Still haven't heard if they picked up anyone with Zeck's size and presence inside though.

John Gleich

Quote from: Pat Coleman on August 30, 2005, 09:41:15 PM
In the NCAA we just call it the NCAA Tournament. Only the NAIA folks call it national tournament, to distinguish it from their regional tournament.

Pat, I still think that calling the tournament that determines the National Champion can be called the "National Tournament", the same way that the tournament that determines a conference champion a "conference tournament."

Honestly, I don't really care what people call it... I call it the NCAA's, but I know what people are talking about if they call it the National Tournament.

EDIT: Also, interesting info about the conference merger!  Hopefully we hear something official about it (and not just hearsay) in the near future.
UWSP Men's Basketball

National Champions: 2015, 2010, 2005, 2004

NCAA appearances: 2018, '15, '14, '13, '12, '11, '10, '09, '08, '07, '05, '04, '03, '00, 1997

WIAC/WSUC Champs: 2015, '14, '13, '11, '09, '07, '05, '03, '02, '01, '00, 1993, '92, '87, '86, '85, '84, '83, '82, '69, '61, '57, '48, '42, '37, '36, '35, '33, '18

Twitter: @JohnGleich

Pat Coleman

The conference tournament.
The NCAA tournament.

There is just one NCAA tournament. Call it the NCAA tournament. Let the NAIA folks have their "national tournament" and their "regional tournament" or whatever else they like.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

keith45

Mr. Ypsi

Check Pat's 'tagline' - my guess would be 'no'!

The Way

The way i see it

Should be a very interesting year to say the least. A lot of questions about the LMC and no clear cut favorite. As far as Lakeland replacing Zeck,,,,I hope they find somebody with his build but not his attitude. The guy was a cancer to the team and good riddens to him. He was a great 'i' player but not a great team player.

MSOE will have one of their better years this year since i can remember. I would have loved to see what Coach Good would have done with this team though, rather than Coach Miller. Probably not as many wins as if Good were there. Not sure athletics will thrive if they switch to the MWC. They are barely competitive the way it is in the LMC.

I could go on, but i have no clue on any of the incoming players. But i do believe Concordia messed up in a big way. They hired this guy from Wisco Lutheran. They passed up on a sure bet head coach in Todd Adrian (head assistant at Platteville). Coach Rasmussen is just a plug for a few years. I can't see him staying there more than 2-3 years. And rumor also has it they hired him because he could also fill the role of an open teaching position.
And that my good friends....is The Way I See It.

Bust Ya'll

Well, Bust Ya'll is back in the saddle for one last year. 

And at the top of my agenda is this years biggest sellout for WLC.  Coach Wayne Rasmussen has taken a stance with the enemy as CUW's head coach.  This is a devestating loss to the Warrior team and I fear for the next meeting between the warriors and the falcons will be brutal.  Will Rasmussen take 11 seasons of WLC knowledge and use it against WLC effectivly?  I guess we will have to wait till Jan 19th, but I will still put my money on the "swole" lineup WLC is puttin forth this year (more to come soon). 

The next item would be that considering a roid raging spongebob loving man by the name of Nick Zeck.  I have noticed that he is on the football roster (a meaty 270- 6'5) but can he still have eligibility for basketball?  This is an honest question I can not remember if he was a senior last year.  Anywho...till the season begins-  keep ur balls bouncin. Sorry bout it,
Busty
Those whom the gods destroy, they first make proud

Big_Uns

Zeck was a senior for basketball last year and is now ineligible for this season.

True Basketball Fan

It is a done deal, but I don't know all the details.  I know the NIIC lost their automatic this year because of their drop to only 6 teams (I believe Dominican is the culprit there).  How many teams does that put in the LMC, like 39 or something!!

True Basketball Fan

I thought MSOE is going independent next year?  Am I wrong?

bigregg

I'm from Aurora and have graduated but I was part of a group that got to see a little of what the overall plan was.  It's been long enough that I can't remember all the details involved, but what I can remember was that it would involve the remaining 6 teams in the NIIC (no Dominican beginning this year) and then the 7 from the LMC and I believe there was talk of adding a 14th team so that you could have two separate "regions" within the conference both with 7 teams.  So basically you'd have something like the "North" which would be the old LMC and then the "South" which would comprise the old NIIC.  Coference tourney time would see a format where the top teams in the North region would play the lower seeded teams within the South region and vice-versa.  The biggest problem is that it will strip a lot of non-conference games away because there are so many conference teams, but that was a set back that everyone was willing to deal with.  The merger allowed for all sports to have conference tournaments because a lot of the schools didn't have that luxury.  For instance, in the NIIC, not every school had all the sports so we weren't able to recieve AQ's in all sports, only a select few.  This was 6-7 months ago and there were plenty of wrinkles to iron out and I'm not quite sure of how far things have progressed, but I hope that at least gave you a little bit of insight into where they hope for things to go.

True Basketball Fan

I guess the super-conference sounds like a great idea for the AQ reason.  It does hurt the non-conference scheduling flexibility, and the chance for teams to win the conference championship.  To me, it seems that this conference will be much more powerful and influential, which in turn could benefit almost everybody in every sport.

cwm1276

From the Rockford Football media guidehttp://www.rockford.edu/athletics/mens/football/fbguide.pdf
page 4
It states all sports except Football will start in 2006-2007 with football starting in 2008.
Currently 12 schools in the as-the-yet-to-be-named league.