MBB: Great South Athletic Conference

Started by william burton, May 21, 2005, 11:48:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warren Haynes

William, it is a good job if we beat them but a bad idea if we lose.

Ralph Turner

Great schedule, Coach Haynes!  Do you return the UDallas game in 2006-07?http://discus.d3hoops.com/discus/clipart/happy.gif" ALT=":-)" BORDER=0>

Warren Haynes

william burton

Basketball aside, I am hearing good things about Fisk's anticipated incoming freshman class.  A very bright group of kids (spinkled in with a few valedictorians and salutatorians) from all over the country!

I can't wait to see this year's basketball roster for FISK! Looking at my calendar I think I can make the LaGrange/Huntingdon weekend games in Nashville (early January).  It will be great to see Dr. Glover again and finally meet coaches Duckworth and Haynes.  For you Murvul guys, the Fisk-Maryville game is always Wednesday night, and that appears to be true for next season. Can't take time off for that rivalry game (or TSU - the other rivalry game), unless a miracle happens.

(Message edited by wilburt on July 26, 2005)

scotswin

it's not a rivalry until fisk wins more than 1 out of 10 or something

scottiedoug

So scotswin, is that like MC and Carson-Newman?  Those games sure seem like "rivalry games" when they are being played....

william burton

Thank you Doug. You are so correct. Same thing is true for the Fisk-TSU games.  Fisk is 2 out 10 (or something like that in recent years) against TSU but 7,000+ people show up each year for that "rivalry game" better known as the battle of Jefferson Street.

Ralph Turner

William, how much of the gate does Fisk get from the TSU game? http://discus.d3hoops.com/discus/clipart/happy.gif" ALT=":-)" BORDER=0>

william burton

Don't know Ralph...  All I know is that the Fisk-TSU game has been the highest attended game on TSU's schedule in recent years.  I hear that the average OVC game attendance at TSU varies from 2,000 to 4,000, so IMHO TSU will continue to schedule Fisk for years to come. It is a $$$ maker...

scotswin

It's a much bigger "rivalry" for the team that loses every year.  You can't deny that.

william burton

Warren Haynes

William,
When can we get a copy of that roster you are so excited about?

william burton

Coach Haynes, the only player I am aware of coming to Fisk in the fall so far is Jeremy Rawls from Peoria Central H.S. in Peoria, Illinois.  He's 6-1, played on back-to-back Illinois State championship teams (2002-03 and 2003-04). One of his former high school teammates on those State title teams now plays for the LA Clippers.

Call Dr. Glover for the rest (smile)...

(Message edited by wilburt on August 1, 2005)

william burton

For those of you who are curious, Jeremy's H.S. teammate was Shaun Livingston who turned down a scholarship at Duke to enter the 2004 NBA draft.  Now he is with the LA Clippers.  

I also hear that Jeremy was Class President and a National Honor Society member at his H.S.

Happy he decided to become a BULLDOG!

(Message edited by wilburt on August 2, 2005)

william burton

Looking at the Maryville roster I noticed that 6-10 Kyle Roberts is not on the 2005-06 roster. Did he transfer?