FB: Old Dominion Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph Turner

Quote from: hasanova on October 04, 2017, 04:03:27 PM
Quote from: tigerFanAlso2 on October 04, 2017, 12:09:00 PM
hasa

Just got the scouting report on your Quakers; bottom line, the Quakers are reported to be loaded and may be the most talented team in the odac.
If this is true, take it easy on my Tigers this weekend.
tfa2, the Quakers are a good DIII team ... their 2-2 record is a bit deceiving taking into account our last two games vs Davidson and Jacksonville.  Considering the head-to-head results with HSC in the last 18 seasons (uh, 2-16), I think I should ask the Tigers to ease up on us!  It's a big game ... I know both teams will show up to play.
Guilford is on my watch list for the South Region Fan Poll as the best from the ODAC.

tigerFanAlso2

JK

My predictions for week 5;

W&L over Wash. U       35 to 21
SU over E&H                42 to 35
HSC over GC                35 to 28
BC over RMC                28 to 21

Your thoughts/predictions

jknezek

Quote from: tigerFanAlso2 on October 05, 2017, 10:42:39 AM
JK

My predictions for week 5;

W&L over Wash. U       35 to 21
SU over E&H                42 to 35
HSC over GC                35 to 28

Your thoughts/predictions

I've got no idea. Last week was embarrassing. I think I got 9 points total in the pick'em. And when doing my picks this week my overriding thought was I could be wrong on every one. Anyway, my wags below. I only switched one result and just tweaked the scores a bit.

W&L over Wash. U       35 to 31
E&H over SU                42 to 35
HSC over GC                28 to 24

hasanova

Darn.  Ten day weather forecast originally called for rain in Greensboro Sunday to Tuesday ... it's now slated to start midday Saturday.

HSCTiger fan

Quote from: hasanova on October 06, 2017, 09:04:52 AM
Darn.  Ten day weather forecast originally called for rain in Greensboro Sunday to Tuesday ... it's now slated to start midday Saturday.

Let it pour! https://vimeo.com/186177289
Hampden Sydney College
ODAC Champions 77, 82, 83, 87, 07, 09, 11, 13, 14
NCAA Playoffs - 77, 07, 09, 10, 11, 13, 14
The "Game" 60 wins and counting...
11/18/2018 Wally referred to me as Chief and admitted "I don't know about that!"

gridironsouthernboy

New to D3 football and the ODAC. Have really enjoyed the start of the season so far. This board has been very informative and fun to read. I'm a Quaker Dad, with several years of coaching in the rear view mirror. Has been real interesting in seeing the big differences in how each school runs its program.

hasanova

Quote from: gridironsouthernboy on October 07, 2017, 01:58:17 AM
New to D3 football and the ODAC. Have really enjoyed the start of the season so far. This board has been very informative and fun to read. I'm a Quaker Dad, with several years of coaching in the rear view mirror. Has been real interesting in seeing the big differences in how each school runs its program.
Welcome to the ODAC forum, gridironsouthernboy.  I will be at the HSC game today ... come around the Quaker Club tent area and perhaps we can meet.  Many people will know me if you mention Nova.  +1 Karma  Go Quakers!

HSCTiger74

jk, I've heard that the new hurricane could cause some problems in Alabama; what are they saying about your area?
TANSTAAFL

jknezek

Thanks for checking in. Probably going to be wet and windy. We cancelled our camping trip but otherwise we should be fine. Hope games go well today.

D-BAT

QuoteWINCHESTER, Va. – The Shenandoah University football team rolled up more than 600 yards in total offense Saturday afternoon in a 47-24 ODAC victory over pre-season favorite Emory and Henry.

Shenandoah (4-1, 2-0 ODAC) saw quarterback Hayden Bauserman throw for 495 yards on a school record 40 completions in 61 attempts to take out the Wasps (2-3, 1-1). The Hornets added another 108 yards rushing on 30 carries.

Bauserman threw TD passes of 9, 11, 10, 43 and 32 yards to go along with four Jacob Newton field goals in the squad's second straight win over E&H.

Bauserman, the nation's leading passer, has thrown for at least 300 yards and four touchdowns in all five games this season.

http://suhornets.com/sports/fball/2017-18/releases/20171007pw6mk5

HSCTiger fan

HSC defense continues to impress. Today HSC defense held GC to 289 yards of offense. The GC RB's  first carry went for 17 yards his next 9 carries went for 11!  GC only converted 1 third down - 1 for 12 on the day. The score was close due to a GC pick 6.  But this was a defensive thrashing by the Tigers.
Hampden Sydney College
11/18/2018 Wally referred to me as Chief and admitted "I don't know about that!"

Bartman

Good luck to ex Statesman Scott Yoder and Shenandoah....just keep winning! Exciting team to watch!
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

gridironsouthernboy

Great win by HSC. I felt GC gave up too early on running the ball. Bell didnt touch it enough in the first half that I can remember.  GC defense seem to be on the field every two minutes, but still made a winning effort in their loss.  I believe GC was trying to force the big plays, but came up empty. Also, onside kick at the end should have hit the ground instead of being a fair catch.  Would have liked to seen the wet football on the wet turf.  HSC played well.  I was really impressed with HSC tackling.

tigerFanAlso2

Hasa

Obviously things did not go Quakers way on Saturday. Curious to know your thoughts on the Tigers. Good luck this coming Saturday.

HSCTiger fan

This is a different HSC team than what I've seen in the past. They control the clock much better than they ever have before. HSC had the ball 38 minutes on Saturday.  Running 33 more plays than Guilford 92 to 59. They have out rushed their last 2 opponents while the passing game has been very effective.  Another huge game in 2 weeks against WL.

Grades for ODAC teams thru 5 games.
SU A+  Only loss to ranked Hobart
HSC A- Looking great in conference but OOC average
WL B Big win out west but big loss against EH
EH B- look like an A until last weekend
RMC B-  lost to CUA but beat the pants off EH
BC C 3-0 OOC but now 0-2 in
GC C- It did not appear to me that playing FBS schools prepared GC for ODAC.

What are your grades?
Hampden Sydney College