BB: Regionals (Central) Rock Island '08, '10, Moline '09, Bloomington IL '11

Started by Ralph Turner, May 11, 2008, 11:52:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichK

The Augustana web site says Webster beat IWU 7-0. 

cubs

Quote from: RichK on May 14, 2008, 03:38:17 PM
The Augustana web site says Webster beat IWU 7-0. 
If that is indeed correct, all I can really say is WOW!!!! :o
2008-09 and 2012-13 WIAC Fantasy League Champion

2008-09 WIAC Pick'Em Tri-Champion

mwunder

And so 'The Pantagraph' jinx begins.

augie28

Knarocky-

When there is baseball to keep track of, I become an awfully good multi-tasker.  

Since you are still in school, and all you have is free time on your hands, why dont you make the short little drive out to Rock Island and keep us updated!

fourtimeallcciw

A triple play to end the game???

Illinois Wesleyan 9th - McIntosh walked. Goshorn singled to center
field; McIntosh advanced to second. Huppert pinch ran for Goshorn. Garvey lined
into triple play 2b to ss to 1b; Huppert out on the play; McIntosh out on the
play. 0 runs, 1 hit, 0 errors, 0 LOB.

knarocky22

I actually had a final this morning and am in the process of finishing up (or doing most of) a project that is due at 6, and have a final at 6.

Just Bill

Linfield is broadcasting the UWSP/Linfield game (and I would assume all other Linfield games):

http://secure.stretchinternet.com/demo/games.php?user=lin&o=cal_stamp&sd=1154415600

UWSP leads 1-0 in the 4th on a Brad Frank HR.
"That seems silly and pointless..." - Hoops Fan

The first and still most accurate description of the D3 Championship BeltTM thread.

augie_superfan

knarocky22

I hate to say this, but this is becoming an embarassment for Augustana.  Apparently their game with Wartburg has been over for quite awhile, and still not even a score posted on the website.  I hope they pick up the slack tomorrow with the live stats or at least updates.  I know Augie has a beautiful facility, but this is still an embarassment, especially because they have the capability to do live stats...........

kritterhawk

Quote from: knarocky22 on May 15, 2008, 12:04:22 AM
I hate to say this, but this is becoming an embarassment for Augustana.  Apparently their game with Wartburg has been over for quite awhile, and still not even a score posted on the website.  I hope they pick up the slack tomorrow with the live stats or at least updates.  I know Augie has a beautiful facility, but this is still an embarassment, especially because they have the capability to do live stats...........

I have been following Augustana for 5 years now and have been frustrated almost every game day as the stats/game summary are never posted.  I usually find the game results from the opposing teams website way before it is even posted on the Augustana site.  Exactly, NO excuse for this in today's world. 

I think they must like to group 2 or 3 games into one posting on the website.  The made some changes this year to their website and it runs very slow which is also very frustrating at times.  OH WELL!  Life goes on and so does this years Augie Baseball Team!  Great come from behind win tonight!  Going to get exciting there tomorrow night.  GO VIKINGS! ;)
"It only hurts until the pain goes away."

CAT BAT 22

not sure who was announcing the Linfield / SP game... it was painful to listen to... aside from the Cats leaving the bases loaded in the 8th (1-1 tie with no outs), and then popping up to 3rd in the 9th on the suicide sqeeze (inning ending double play)... the announcer covering the game sounded like he had never seen a baseball game in his life

"tagged out at home base"  ....   "the batter gets a hold of that one ... and the second baseman picks it up and throws to first for the out"...  He may have even been a Linfield guy... but anyone that heard the broadcast has to back me up on this...

Go Cats

knarocky22

Well I found out why Augie is not doing live stats or posting updates.  Apparently they have been trying to get cable internet installed at the field for the last two months.  Every time they make an appointment, Mediacom (the cable provider out there) cancels.  Needless to say, it didn't get done.  Dave Wrath is having to go all the way back to campus between games to post the box scores.

Just Bill

MOBILE BROADBAND CARD.  Done deal.

I feel for them, when things don't get installed when you expect them, but that's why you make Plan B's.  They've known they were hosting for two months.

The first and still most accurate description of the D3 Championship BeltTM thread.

mwunder

Quote from: knarocky22 on May 15, 2008, 10:07:03 AM
Well I found out why Augie is not doing live stats or posting updates.  Apparently they have been trying to get cable internet installed at the field for the last two months.  Every time they make an appointment, Mediacom (the cable provider out there) cancels.  Needless to say, it didn't get done.  Dave Wrath is having to go all the way back to campus between games to post the box scores.

This is the response I got from the Augustana's webmaster:

Our sports information team has posted the results on the tournament website (http://www.augustana.edu/x8780.xml) immediately following each game and we regret that they may have been missed by some.

In order to make these results easier for our site visitors to find, we have added links to the tournament results page from our athletics home page and our baseball home page. We hope this will help visitors find this information in a more timely manner.

Thank you for your feedback and please let me know if there is anything else that I can do for you.

Bxxx Nxxxxx
Web Manager
Augustana College
www.augustana.edu
xxx.xxx.xxxx

Just Bill

Linfield 5, IWU 4.  Top seed in the Central is 2-and-out.  Stunner!