2009 Cortaca Jug

Started by Pat Coleman, November 08, 2009, 02:08:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How high do you have to be able to count to get a degree from Cortland?

3 (20%)
2 (13.3%)
2 (13.3%)
1 (6.7%)
0, Grastorf will fumble every time.
7 (46.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

dewcrew88

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on November 13, 2009, 07:15:12 PM
Quote from: pg04 on November 13, 2009, 07:10:18 PM
Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on November 13, 2009, 07:02:19 PM
Quote from: 1stand10 on November 13, 2009, 06:56:13 PM
Quote from: JQV on November 13, 2009, 05:57:51 PM
I look at it like this.  When your ass is as beautiful as mine, you owe it to the world to have thong Thursdays.

I think we will find JQV in the parking lot.

Surely that plate would be in the Capital parking lot? :D

I'm not sure anyone will get this joke.  Capital's QB has a last name of Assman. 

Yeah, I went back-and-forth whether it was too arcane, or explaining it would insult people! ;)

Dude, d3 has some of the best names ever...
The quarterback for Depauw is named Spud Dick
Marty Assmann at Capital
Vinson "Jimi" Hendrix at Alfred..
etc.

1stand10

Quote from: maxpower on November 12, 2009, 11:57:19 PM
Saterday IC has a chance to win three straight Cortacas for the first time since '95....

IC and the word "straight" in the same sentence for the first time since...ever?

RedDragonFan

Almost game day and virtually none of the regulars around.  Must mean happy hour down at the RamRod Club in towntown Ithaca.  Now I understand why the Ithaca fans are always standing during Cortaca.

Bombers798891

Quote from: RedDragonFan on November 13, 2009, 11:00:43 PM
Almost game day and virtually none of the regulars around.  Must mean happy hour down at the RamRod Club in towntown Ithaca.  Now I understand why the Ithaca fans are always standing during Cortaca.

Are you Cortland people uncomfortable around that? Is that why you always leave the game midway through the third quarter? And here I thought it was just the 20-point deficits

1stand10

Are you Cortland people uncomfortable around that? Is that why you always leave the game midway through the third quarter? And here I thought it was just the 20-point deficits
[/quote]

Looks like Bomber had his fill for the night so he's back here with his head in front of his laptop.  Quite a difference from back in the day when your roommates head was in front of your laptop isn't it?  Ahh the good old days.

cstate19

Just got home from bartending. Leaving for IC at 5:45 AM.  Hope to see everyone around.   

gobombers15

Quote from: cstate19 on November 14, 2009, 01:13:21 AM
Just got home from bartending. Leaving for IC at 5:45 AM.  Hope to see everyone around.   

Oh, what a Cortland degree will get you!

Haven't been around lately, so I apologize if this has been discussed, but word is that Grastorf has been suspended for Cortaca because he was caught in possession with an, um, illegal substance. Anyone w/further info?
A 2004 graduate of the "almighty legendary" Ithaca College. Goooooo Bombers.

CortlandGuy

I'm from Cortland!  And even I don't think the Red Dragons have a chance today!  I don't even know what a "red dragon" is! 

Bombers798891

Bombers take home their 3rd straight Jug, 23-20. Story of the day: Turnovers and special teams.

Cortland has four turnovers to Ithaca's one (and the Bombers wound up with the ball then anyway) and great punt coverage and returns gave Ithaca great field position all day. Cortland also had an XP blocked that caused them to chase points all day, including a strange attempt at 16-12 in the 4th quarter. Ithaca goes 3-3 on field goals, including a 39-yarder, and has a pair of good punt returns. Cortland's lone bright spot on special teams was a 40-yard kick return late in the 4th. But Ithaca then downs the ball at the five on their next punt.

Neither offense really looked great and there were few big plays. Smith made some nice throws, but his first INT really killed a promising Cortland drive.

Grastorf made the plays when he needed to, including a huge 3rd and 8 with 5 minutes to go and Ithaca up 16-12.

Three straight wins in the rivalry for the first time since '93-'95

Yanks 99

Congrats Bombers...no one likes to see Cortland win...

You know what would be funny right now...a well placed gay joke by 1stand10!!!  Let's here it my good man!!!
Hartwick College 2007 Empire 8 Champions

1stand10

Quote from: Yanks 99 on November 14, 2009, 07:05:28 PM
Congrats Bombers...no one likes to see Cortland win...

You know what would be funny right now...a well placed gay joke by 1stand10!!!  Let's here it my good man!!!

You just had to ask... 

Ithaca fans celebrate today's victory

RedDragonFan

Congratulations Bombers.  Tough game played by both teams. 

Bombers798891

Man, there was just no excitement on this board this year...

JQV

No pun intended.  Right Bombers?

pg04

Quote from: JQV on November 14, 2009, 10:19:41 PM
No pun intended.  Right Bombers?

Boy that got old about Wednesday.