2019 NCAA Tournament

Started by Greek Tragedy, October 06, 2018, 10:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greek Tragedy

Quote from: AO on March 06, 2019, 04:39:54 PM
Quote from: nescac1 on March 06, 2019, 04:30:07 PM
I'd be all in on the 32-team, five-day battle royale, so long as a cage is involved.
"It's bad enough we have to play in this cage you call a gym; your players are playing like a bunch of gorillas!"

+1k
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Rofrog

I just threw the neutral thing out there.I remember they use to play in the regional games for third place!But the game has moved on from that also.So hopefully things will change like they have over the years!

saratoga

Sometimes you need to watch out for what you wish for.

If they go neutral, then teams & fans will be claiming if they were home they would have won.

Or, how could the NCAA have ever come up with that place as a neutral site?

Are there occasional unavoidable slights? Absolutely.

However, for the most part, I think the NCAA gets the host schools right far more than they screw them up.

Rofrog

Saratoga:except when Will Renken was on the committee  ;D ;D

saratoga

You're right on that!

Will Renken was the NCAA committee.

And, Albright was always the neutral site.  ;)

CNU85

Quote from: Pat Coleman on March 06, 2019, 04:06:12 PM
Quote from: CNU85 on March 06, 2019, 02:15:46 PM
Quote from: Pat Coleman on March 06, 2019, 08:30:47 AM
Quote from: CNU85 on March 06, 2019, 07:58:39 AM
neutral sites won't work in D3 either.....there would be empty arenas until the final four.

Plus, who would want to host?

Exactly...who can support 32 teams. It would have to be a major city like the NAIA in KC. Oh...2017 attendance for that ...39,000 for 31 games. That sounds like a rip roaring environment.

I thought we were talking about neutral sites for the sectionals.

Someone mentioned the NAIA just has a 32 team tournament at a neutral site....So I was responding to that concept.

sac

The NAIA II's first second round game in beautiful Sioux Falls, SD is at 8:30 am Friday between Spring Arbor, MI and Jamestown, ND

The NAIA is opting not to list attendance in its boxscores.

Gregory Sager

Quote from: sac on March 07, 2019, 11:07:42 AM
The NAIA II's first second round game in beautiful Sioux Falls, SD is at 8:30 am Friday between Spring Arbor, MI and Jamestown, ND

I can't imagine why.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

wally_wabash

Quote from: sac on March 07, 2019, 11:07:42 AM

Go Hustlin' Owls!   :)
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

8:30am game ... in a national tournament ... unbelievable.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

fantastic50

At the other end up the spectrum, there was Roy Williams' rant a few years back over a first-round tip that was just before 10 p.m. local time. 

"I got to sit in the daggum hotel room," Williams said. "I wake up at 6 in the morning, don't go to work until freaking 9:30 at night."

https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/luke-decock/article67072337.html

(509)Rat

I don't know if this has been covered but I'd like to discuss how Whitman should be hosting this weekend as the #1 seed in the tournament and not flying to New York...

Gregory Sager

"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

The second weekend of the DIII Men's and Women's Championship Tournaments is set to start. Can the upset minded teams continue to prevail? Can the "favorites" maintain their poise? What home team will enjoy their own cooking? And who will still be playing in Fort Wayne and Salem?

On Thursday's Hoopsville, Dave is joined by a number of guests to get a look not only at the action ahead this weekend, but the action coming at the final fours. Which teams seemed ready to be playing one more weekend?

Hoopsville is presented by D3hoops.com and airs from the WBCA/NABC Studio. Thursday's show will air live starting at 7:00 p.m. ET. here: http://bit.ly/2C82LcA (or via Facebook Live and Periscope simulcasts).

If you have questions about Division III basketball, feel free to send them and we will answer them on a the show. Email them to dave.mchugh@d3sports.com or use any of the social media options below.

Guests Schedule (order subject to change):
- John Taurer, No. 13 St. Thomas men's coach
- Dave Hixon, No. 7 Amherst men's coach
- Nathan Denison, VP for Sales, Memorial Coliseum (Fort Wayne, Ind.)
- Mark Morefield, No. 12 UMHB women's coach
- Carla Berube, No. 4 Tufts women's coach

If you enjoy the show via the podcasts, choose your favorite avenue to listen and/or subscribe via the the following four avenues (click on the images when necessary):
SoundCloud: www.soundcloud.com/hoopsville

Don't forget you can always interact with us:
Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #Hoopsville
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email: hoopsville@d3hoops.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/d3hoopsville
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: (509)Rat on March 07, 2019, 03:15:29 PM
I don't know if this has been covered but I'd like to discuss how Whitman should be hosting this weekend as the #1 seed in the tournament and not flying to New York...

Tune in to Hoopsville tonight ... we will not be discussing it. :)