FB: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat Coleman

Quote from: gizzmo13 on July 30, 2020, 09:08:30 AM
So Canton wont lose a year of the stag bowl will they. Hopefully they let us have it 2 times?

There has been talk about going back to Salem for Stagg Bowl 50 -- obviously that is now 2023 instead of 2022. Either way, I'm sure the committee wants to still have two SB's at least in Canton, so I'm sure they will get another one or more.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

hsbsballcoach7

How did nobody mention Mount Union's new QB coach yet?! Lol
It's none other than Kevin Burke! I just noticed it when scrolling though Twitter news. That's great to hear for the future of the program!

WRMUalum13

Quote from: hsbsballcoach7 on July 30, 2020, 10:26:39 PM
It's none other than Kevin Burke! I just noticed it when scrolling though Twitter news. That's great to hear for the future of the program!

That's awesome, KB seemed like a stand up guy and a great leader. He didn't have the physical gifts of some of the other great UMU Qbs but he could run a zone read offense better than anyone I've seen at the college level. It was amazing how well he could fake defenders and pull the ball or vice versa in that scheme.

thewaterboy

Quote from: WRMUalum13 on July 31, 2020, 12:54:09 PM
Quote from: hsbsballcoach7 on July 30, 2020, 10:26:39 PM

That's awesome, KB seemed like a stand up guy and a great leader. He didn't have the physical gifts of some of the other great UMU Qbs but he could run a zone read offense better than anyone I've seen at the college level. It was amazing how well he could fake defenders and pull the ball or vice versa in that scheme.
In other Mount Union-related coaching news: Former Mount LB Arthur Smith has been elevated to DC at Wesley. As a Wesley fan, I'm pretty pleased about that.

rscl70

Now that DIII has ruled out any kind of spring championships for fall sports, I hope participation in any kind of abbreviated spring season will not count against a player's years of eligibility.
12-0 = 13

Pat Coleman

Quote from: rscl70 on August 07, 2020, 07:57:31 AM
Now that DIII has ruled out any kind of spring championships for fall sports, I hope participation in any kind of abbreviated spring season will not count against a player's years of eligibility.

This was already taken care of -- it was announced some weeks ago that anyone who takes part in half of the schedule or fewer (five games for football) would not be charged a year of eligibility.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

rscl70

Quote from: Pat Coleman on August 07, 2020, 01:41:24 PM

This was already taken care of -- it was announced some weeks ago that anyone who takes part in half of the schedule or fewer (five games for football) would not be charged a year of eligibility.
Thanks, Pat.  Obviously, I missed that.
12-0 = 13

jmcozenlaw

Pat, would playing for or five games in the spring (with some practice to get ready of course) be the substitute for the 15 days of allowable spring practice?

How many schools do you see taking part in this, especially if a somewhat serious injury to a key player or two were to occur, it might put them on the shelf for (hopefully we have one) the 2021 fall season?

MUC57

Quote from: jmcozenlaw on August 08, 2020, 12:55:53 PM

Pat, would playing for or five games in the spring (with some practice to get ready of course) be the substitute for the 15 days of allowable spring practice?

How many schools do you see taking part in this, especially if a somewhat serious injury to a key player or two were to occur, it might put them on the shelf for (hopefully we have one) the 2021 fall season?

jmcozenlaw

Good questions. I'll keep an eye out for Pat's answers. 🏈 🎓 🍺  ;D
Stay well!
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

Oline89

As I understand the new policies, the schools have 114 days to "play" football over the entire year, they are no longer relegated to a specific number of consecutive weeks of play in the fall. Also, remember that perhaps 25% of the roster may be seniors.  Many of whom have no interest in returning (and paying) for  another semester of college. 

MUC57

Oline89

Thanks. Every little bit of info helps.
Augsburg, a Dlll school in Iowa, has said that if you are enrolled in the fall term, you can go for free next year. Guess that helps fall athletes.
Stay safe my friend. 🍺 😷
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

Kira & Jaxon's Dad

OAC releases Spring Schedules for fall Sports:

https://oac.prestosports.com/MISC/COVID-19_2020/Fall_sports_springs_schedules

East Division:
BWU
JCU
Marietta
Mount
Muskingum

West Division:
Capital
Heidelberg
ONU
Otterbein
Wilmington

Four game schedule (play division teams)

Then 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 5v5

National Champions - 13: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017

Dr. Acula

All games are Friday at 7:00 PM too.  None of this is ideal obviously, but if they can throw us a bone by giving us a BW and JCU game I'll take it at this point.  I remain pessimistic about any football games this school year though.  I really, really hope I'm wrong.

hsbsballcoach7

Quote from: Kira & Jaxon's Dad on August 13, 2020, 10:43:44 AM
OAC releases Spring Schedules for fall Sports:

https://oac.prestosports.com/MISC/COVID-19_2020/Fall_sports_springs_schedules

East Division:
BWU
JCU
Marietta
Mount
Muskingum

West Division:
Capital
Heidelberg
ONU
Otterbein
Wilmington

Four game schedule (play division teams)

Then 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 5v5

Just saw this... It's better than nothing honestly, but it'll be interesting to see if football happens. Summer baseball, softball, and volleyball have been happening anyway. I see football, wrestling and basketball as up in the air.

formerd3db

Quote from: MUC57 on August 08, 2020, 04:19:51 PM

Oline89

Thanks. Every little bit of info helps.
Augsburg, a Dlll school in Iowa, has said that if you are enrolled in the fall term, you can go for free next year. Guess that helps fall athletes.
Stay safe my friend. 🍺 😷

Yeah, that helps if you have a very rich alum who pitches in seberal millions for such as happened for Albion this year.🙄🙂
"When the Great Scorer comes To mark against your name, He'll write not 'won' or 'lost', But how you played the game." - Grantland Rice