BB: HCAC: Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference

Started by rwr125, February 29, 2008, 05:21:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rwr125

as the conference teams begin to travel and play, to avoid the nasty weather this year what or the thoughts on the coming season????
Who's hot, who's to watch???
Most improved team????
let the first pitch go.......................

Gimme

Wow, the first week os already over in the conference.  Anyone else suprised about what happened to Transy?  Franklin, Manchester, and Mount all sweep.  What does everyone think of this year after the first weekend.  Predictions?

End of season predictions:
1. Mount
2. Transy
3. Manchester
4. Franklin

Conf. Tourney winner= Manchester ???

rwr125

andersson will be better then people think
the undefeated teams have to prove it with wins this weekend.
Franklin lost to Anderson mid week, Rose hasn't even played a conference game yet!!!
It's going to be a great season for the HCAC

Ralph Turner

ibt100

HCAC--- final week outlook---It's obvious that no one wants to host the tournament.
     ( 2004 is the last time and i believe the 2nd time that the regular season champ won the tournament).

HCAC STANDINGS
                   Rose-hulman                     13-4
                   Mt. Saint Joe                     12-5
                   Transy                               13-6
                   Franklin                              13-6
                   Anderson                           11-7

ibt100

Rose-Hulman has  Anderson Tuesday and three game series at Transy.
          Anderson with a must win game at Rose  and three games with a dangerous
            Bluffton team.
          Franklin has three games with Hanover.
          The Mount finishes with 4 home games. Hanover (3-15) on Tuesday and
            3 games with Defiance (1-18).

KYGrizzly

Just looking at the remaining games it looks like Mount St. Joes has the best shot at winning the conference. I just do not see them losing this week, but that is why the play the game.

The Mount/Rose game the was cancelled looks to be a big game that was missed in the conference standings.

Nothing like going down to the last games of the season to decide the conference championship.

Should be interesting how this week of conference games play out.

ibt100

CRUNCH TIME:     if Rose beats Transy Sunday, they are the host.
                           If Transy loses and Anderson wins, Anderson will be the last team in.
                           If Transy wins and the Mount wins, The Mount will host the tournament.

KYGrizzly

You can add one more scenario to your list.

If Mount and Rose both lose I believe that Franklin will be the host.

Franklin was down 13 - 8 going into the top of the ninth at Hanover and scored eleven runs to win the game and give them at shot at being conference chanpions.

It has been an exciting race to see who was going to make the conference tournament between the top five teams.

Good Luck to all the teams that make the tournament.

KYGrizzly

Transy scores 5 Runs in the bootm of the eighth and holds Rose to 1 Run in the top of ninth to win 5 - 3.

Waiting on the final score of the Mount/Defiance game to see who wins the conference.

Mount wins they are the champs
Defiance wins and Franklin wins the conference.

KYGrizzly

Congrats to Mount St. Joes as they beat Defiance 9-7 to win thwe HCAC Conference.

Top 4 Conference Standings

1 - Mount St. Joseph
2 - Franklin
3 - Rose-Hulham
4 - Transylvania

Rumor has it that the tournament may be played at the University of Cincinatti.

Good luck to all the teams in the tournament.

BASH6-4-3

good luck to all of the teams competing in the conference tourney.  Should be a great 4-some.

Any chance for an at-large birth in this field for the #2?  Some very solid teams in the mideast this year.
"This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Ray.  It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again.  Oh...people will come Ray." - Field of Dreams, 1989

ibt100

UC is out of town next week. It is a beautiful stadium. I am anxious to see where they would house the teams.

KYGrizzly

Quote from: BASH6-4-3 on May 04, 2008, 08:03:34 PM
Any chance for an at-large birth in this field for the #2?  Some very solid teams in the mideast this year.

That is a good question. I believe there was only a 1 1/2 games between the first and fourth place team in the conference.

Nobody swept any of the top four teams in conference play.
Rose was 1 - 1 against Franklin & Mount St. Joes, 1 - 2 against Transy.
Mount St. Joes was 1 - 1 against Transy & Rose, 1 - 2 against Franklin.
Transy was 2 - 1 against Franklin & Rose, 1 -1 against Mount St. Joes.
Franklin was 2 - 1 against Mount St. Joes, 1 - 2 against Transy, 1 - 1 against Rose.

I guess you will have to see the final regional rankings to see if anyone is still ranked high in the mideast region. In the first rankings Mount St. Joes and Franklin were in the top eight, but in the second rankings Mount St. Joes stayin the top eight as Franklin dropped out and Rose Huhlman moved in. I am sure the next regional rankings will also be different.

I believe it was two years ago that the HCAC got an at large berth when Manchester dominated the conference but lost to Mount St. Joes in the tournament.

I was just wandering, if the Rose-Huhlman would have beaten Mount St. Joes in the game that was cancelled it would have left a three way tie between Rose/Mount/Franklin. Does any one know who would have won the tiebreaker in that situation?

Can't wait to till Thursday , should be an exciting tournament just as the conference play was.

KYGrizzly

Well it looks like the rumor about the HCAC being played at UC was just that a rumor.

On Mount St. Joes website it says that the tournamnet will be played at Midland. Game times TBA.

Sorry for the rumor. :-[