MBB: Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference

Started by N, March 01, 2005, 04:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

N

can we not forget along with winning the ROY award and starting some games and not starting some others (for various reasons...match ups/conduct reasons/etc)...he still had the numbers he had and did score 41pts in one game.

As far as the POY award goes...i'm sorry but just because the person is the best person on a particular team or the team would be crap without the person doesnt nominate them for POY. And even though it was this year, the POY doesnt have to be on a team that wins the conference, etc.  

They need to put up numbers that rank at the top among everyone in the conference. And basically come up big in the majority of their games on an individual level (it is an individual award, not a team award).

N

And personally I think POY should be judged on the whole year not just conference.  And who the nominees acheived their numbers against (like strength of schedule) should be considered. (if it were that way cooper would have won hands down)

The Show

N or pannounce -  

Did Edgewood head out for BV today? I can't remember for sure, but in the past I think the away team usually came down in time to shoot around in the gym and have a practice the night before the game or so.

tommy_devito

Just for argument's sake. Here are some interesting tidbits I found out.
Here are all the conferences in the mid-west region's all-conference awards listed with the place of the award winner's team.
conference POY ROY COY
LMC         1   1   1
CCIW        1   x   1
NIIC        1   1   1
SLAIC       2   2   1
MWC         2   x   1
HCAC        5   8   1

X means they don't have a ROY award. The 2nd place team in the SLIAC won their tourney.
The CCIW and the HCAC are the only conferences to call POY something else. CCIW - MOP, HCAC - MVP.

So to answer some previous questions, it looks like there is a difference from POY and MVP as the HCAC was the only conference to give the top player award to a team not in the top 2 of the conference.

the way

The Way I See It,

Mikos is not an All-American. He has shown over 3 years that he is far too inconsistent to label as that type of player. Yes, he has his games where he puts up huge numbers. But he also has had games with double digit turnovers and has just looked non existent. Obviously i know you are going to be bias because you have played with him but i have seen and played against him as well. It is just not going to happen. But i will give you the fact that he will be a leading candidate for POY next year (obviously Cooper will be the favorite, but Mikos will challenge him).  

Now as far as the game tomorrow night. I think Edgewood will hold it close for 30 minutes, but in the end fall and lose by 15. But a huge 'X' factor will be Dave M. If he can continue to knock down outside shots and penetrate into the taller defenders, he might help to sneak out of corn country with a 'W'

Charles Simmons

Big congrats to AU's Adam McCoy, named to The CoSIDA Academic All-America Team yesterday. All that hard work paying dividends on and off the court. Arent you glad you didnt transfer, family?? (ha)

pannounce

Show
They took off this morning, probably made their way into your side of the country at about 2 or 3 this afternoon.  May have had a practice tonite, and will most likely have a shoot around tomorrow morning for sure.  Whatever team wins will have to get to an airport and fly out to Washington tomorrow night.

N

i know the game is being audio broadcasted on the internet, but i heard that it might there might be a video feed too?

does anyone know if thats true?

The Show

Yes, it's true. Check the IIAC board for additional info...

But here is the link again.

http://www.bvu.edu/streaming/index2.asp" target=_top>http://www.bvu.edu/streaming/index2.asp

N

Tonights the night...

EC 61
BV 58

UPSET is coming and the LMC's first NCAA victory...then if everything else goes as planned....not bs'ing...i might be flying out to watch them in wonderful washington....

but for tonight...stuck watching the webcast

bgbully81

Ok, I'll try it here,  I heard a rumor that one of AU's players (Welton) will test his feet in the NBA draft.  Anything to it?

The 'Ol Hawk

Edgewood 39 to 39 ...4 minutes to go 1st half.

The 'Ol Hawk

bigregg

J 2 The Brizo

Thanks for coming Edgewood, it would have been so boring if BV would have gotten a first round bye...anywho, Cooper, MVP?...Kies shut him down.  If that is the best that the LMC has to offer then you might as well not accept any more NCAA bids...thanks for playing...

J 2 the Brizo