CCIW 2014

Started by Purplegatorade, August 11, 2014, 01:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purplegatorade

Anyone have a feel for the CCIW this year?  Does anyone in the conference have the fire power to knockoff Wheaton?

WUPHF

It looks like this weekend we will get a matchup between No. 1 Washington University Bears and the No. 10 Wheaton Thunder.  Wheaton may have moved to No. 3 if not for their home loss to the now 4-3 Aurora University Spartans.

The Thunder have owned the Bears as of late.  Should be a good match.

Purplegatorade

The Wheaton and Washington University match up will be a very good one.  Wheaton clipped them last year in overtime.  I am interested to see how the University of Chicago and Illinois Wesleyan University match on Thursday plays out.  I think it will be a chance to see where both teams are this season.

WUPHF

Quote from: Purplegatorade on September 24, 2014, 01:49:10 PM
The Wheaton and Washington University match up will be a very good one.  Wheaton clipped them last year in overtime.  I am interested to see how the University of Chicago and Illinois Wesleyan University match on Thursday plays out.  I think it will be a chance to see where both teams are this season.

Did you get a chance to watch the match last night?  Illinois Wesleyan got the upset with the 1-0 victory in Hyde Park (I assume they play soccer on-campus).  It looks like a relatively even contest on paper.

Purplegatorade

Quote from: WUH on September 26, 2014, 03:07:31 PM
Quote from: Purplegatorade on September 24, 2014, 01:49:10 PM

Did you get a chance to watch the match last night?  Illinois Wesleyan got the upset with the 1-0 victory in Hyde Park (I assume they play soccer on-campus).  It looks like a relatively even contest on paper.

I was not able to attend the game.  However, speaking with people who did, it seems as if IWU had the better run of the play and were generally the better team.  I guess at some point Chicago switched to boot ball to try to break down IWU.  Doesn't seemed like it worked.

The Washington U and Wheaton game was a good game.  From the way the game opened it looked like Washington U was going to put up a few goals.  Then it evened out a bit.  It will be interesting to see what happens if there is a rematch down the road.

WUPHF

Thanks for the reply.  I was only able to watch 20 minutes or so of the WUSTL-Wheaton game.  I would say WUSTL is the better team this season, but unfortunately, a few of our best seniors may retire without a win over Wheaton. 

For what it is worth, it looks like Wheaton is back up to No. 7 in the rankings while Illinois Wesleyan is in at No. 24.

Purplegatorade

The CCIW has Wheaton and Illinois Wesleyan University in the tournament this year.  They are placed in the same pod, with the possibility to be play each other for the third time this year if they both advance to the second round.  This is the second year in a row that the committee has placed two teams from the CCIW in the same pod (Augustana and Illinois Wesleyan last year).  there are two other Chicago area pods and a St.Louis pod.  You would think that they would send Illinois Wesleyan to one of those.