FB: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wm4

Lotta D3 folks offering up their views on UMU's handling of this situation.  Not limited to one opposing fan base. 

Should Mount Union have started D'Angelo Fulford today?
No, he should have sat the whole game
(580)  48%
No, he should have sat to start the game but come in after the first quarter
(16)  1%
Yes, it was OK for him to start
(209)  17%
I don't have enough info
(386)  32%

WRMUalum13

Quote from: wm4 on November 19, 2017, 10:50:33 PM
Lotta D3 folks offering up their views on UMU's handling of this situation.  Not limited to one opposing fan base. 

Should Mount Union have started D'Angelo Fulford today?
No, he should have sat the whole game
(580)  48%
No, he should have sat to start the game but come in after the first quarter
(16)  1%
Yes, it was OK for him to start
(209)  17%
I don't have enough info
(386)  32%

I know, I didn't mean that others in the d3 community aren't entitled to an opinion, i just wanted to call out the rev because he likes to give us a hard time over here.

WRMUalum13

So... does the PAC not have its own thread? I can't find one.

pradierguy

Quote from: Reverend MIAC, PhD on November 19, 2017, 09:48:42 PM
Quote from: joelmama on November 19, 2017, 08:48:48 PM
Quote from: Reverend MIAC, PhD on November 19, 2017, 11:52:44 AM
Quote from: merlecanlas on November 19, 2017, 11:46:37 AM
Quote from: Reverend MIAC, PhD on November 19, 2017, 11:41:54 AM
Quote from: skunks_sidekick on November 19, 2017, 10:10:21 AM
Whoa!   :o

DR believe it or not I wasn't specifically, and only remotely at best referring to you regarding anything I posted.  Sorry you took it that way, and I really don't want to PM you, set up a time to have it out, or anything along those lines.  I am way too old & timid for that kind of stuff.

My takeaway is that there is more (or probably less) to this story than anyone knows, and it would certainly behoove the outsiders looking in to trust the Mount folks (VK & LK) to do what is best for the university, the student athlete, and the team.

Why have so much faith in the Mount Union coaching staff? It looks like they failed to do what's best for the community, the university, and the team in the past.

http://www.the-review.com/news/20171007/tampering-charge-added-to-three-rape-counts-against-former-mount-football-player

In this case, given the player is facing a felony charge, the coaching staff made a similarly poor decision on many levels.

Hargrove's charges, as a former player, are not the same as Fulford.  Not even close.  It's a fun narrative to spin though.

The drug conviction occurred prior to him playing the 2016 season. The alleged rapes and associated allegations occurred while he continued playing. Looks like it's a little closer than you think.
You are that concerned about a marijuana possession charge?

Well, that and the (alleged) multiple rapes. Here's the deal. I'm sure no one thinks Mount Union is supposed to be some incubator for young intellectuals. It's where you go when you're into football and partying, and want a degree out of the whole thing. That being said, the football team needs to maintain some minimum standards when it comes to behavior (e.g. no drugs, no raping, no felonies, etc). People are watching. Children are watching. Maybe none of this is a big deal for you, but I would never support a football program that turns a blind eye to such behavior.

Partying? Somehow never got that memo when I was a student. Weekends were LAME during my time in Alliance.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: WRMUalum13 on November 19, 2017, 11:41:19 PM

PAC is a South Region conference.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

WRMUalum13

Quote from: Pat Coleman on November 19, 2017, 11:47:44 PM
Quote from: WRMUalum13 on November 19, 2017, 11:41:19 PM

PAC is a South Region conference.

Thanks! I was thrown off by a northeast Ohio school being in it, never would have guessed!

E.115

Absolutely appreciate the respect given by Mount Union athletics going the extra mile providing historical context of and against Case Western Reserve football.  This info is not easy to quickly pull up online.

http://athletics.mountunion.edu/sports/fball/2017-18/releases/20171119da34w4

It's been since the 1950's since these schools have last played, and I especially enjoyed the shout out to the inaugural game at Mount Union Stadium being against Case back in November 1913:  http://athletics.mountunion.edu/sports/fball/2014-15/photos/0002/index#PhotoSwipe1511156844946

joelmama

The Right Reverend of all things St. Thomas clearly thinks St Thomas is holier than thou and is on a higher academic plane than Mount Union.  Facts are he is wrong and the ACT score average, 25 percentile and 75 percentile are all within 1 point of each for UMU and STU.

Mr.MIAC

Quote from: joelmama on November 20, 2017, 09:21:57 AM
The Right Reverend of all things St. Thomas clearly thinks St Thomas is holier than thou and is on a higher academic plane than Mount Union.  Facts are he is wrong and the ACT score average, 25 percentile and 75 percentile are all within 1 point of each for UMU and STU.

Either they're teaching fuzzy math at Mount Union or you're making this stuff up. The 25%/75% ACT scores are as follows:

Mount Union: 20/26
St. Thomas: 24/29

Source: https://www.collegedata.com

ADL70

Quote from: Reverend MIAC, PhD on November 20, 2017, 09:45:05 AM

Either they're teaching fuzzy math at Mount Union or you're making this stuff up. The 25%/75% ACT scores are as follows:

Neither comes close to Mount's opponent this week. :o
SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite

jknezek

Quote from: ADL70 on November 20, 2017, 10:02:48 AM

UMU''s opponents over the first 2 weeks have come from the top tier of D3 academic football playing schools. If UMU and W&J win, UMU will have faced a slew of schools that would be able to use the old Vanderbilt and Northwestern chants.

jamtod

Quote from: jknezek on November 20, 2017, 10:43:49 AM

UMU''s opponents over the first 2 weeks have come from the top tier of D3 academic football playing schools. If UMU and W&J win, UMU will have faced a slew of schools that would be able to use the old Vanderbilt and Northwestern chants.

E.115

Quote from: jamtoTommie on November 20, 2017, 10:47:27 AM

LOL @ that sign.

Yeah the nerds are coming to town this week for Mount: http://wksu.org/post/view-pluto-case-western-reserve-students-are-excelling-atfootball

miac952

That Mount region is filled with Nerds. 5 of the top 7 perhaps. RPI and Chapman are the only other two missing.

emma17

Either way, those ACT scores are impressive. I count my blessings I applied for state school.
Mix in strong ACT scores with the willingness to compete for and the lessons learned from building a championship team- and graduates will have a heck of a shot at life-long success.