2017 Playoffs

Started by Andy Jamison - Walla Walla Wildcat, October 31, 2017, 01:17:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob.Gregg

Been wrong before.  Will be wrong again.

art76

You don't have a soul. You are a soul.
You have a body. - C.S. Lewis

jknezek

Quote from: art76 on November 17, 2017, 12:47:37 PM
Quote from: Bob.Gregg on November 17, 2017, 12:42:45 PM
Here's a piece of news:

http://www.news5cleveland.com/news/local-news/oh-stark/mount-union-quarterback-arrested-on-assault-warrant-out-of-florida

Wow - that's literally a game changer.

I think the biggest way it changes the game this weekend is that W&L has been watching the tape on the wrong guy. Now deeper in the tournament? Yeah, it could be significant.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

We are assuming he isn't playing... no word on whether he will still be in custody or if the team plans to suspend him. Not saying it won't happen... but we await the news, as it where.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

jknezek

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on November 17, 2017, 12:53:09 PM
We are assuming he isn't playing... no word on whether he will still be in custody or if the team plans to suspend him. Not saying it won't happen... but we await the news, as it where.

I think it's a legitimate assumption, but no. I haven't seen any more news. To be honest, if UMU needs their starting qb to beat W&L this week they aren't the contenders we think they are.

Bob.Gregg

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on November 17, 2017, 12:53:09 PM
This would lead me to believe he's not playing:

Fulford is currently being held in Stark County Jail and is waiting for an extradition order from Florida, authorities said.
Been wrong before.  Will be wrong again.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

He has been released on bond... has waived an extradition hearing. We continue to wait to see what happens next and a decision from UMU.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

jknezek

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on November 17, 2017, 01:23:09 PM
He has been released on bond... has waived an extradition hearing. We continue to wait to see what happens next and a decision from UMU.

As a member of the press you have to wait for confirmation from the school. I get that. But there is no way UMU is letting this young man step on the field tomorrow and, barring some serious tap dancing on the charges in FL, the rest of the season. The optics are just too bad.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: jknezek on November 17, 2017, 01:27:04 PM

As a member of the press you have to wait for confirmation from the school. I get that. But there is no way UMU is letting this young man step on the field tomorrow and, barring some serious tap dancing on the charges in FL, the rest of the season. The optics are just too bad.

My only thought on that... is what exactly is the charge he is up for... the quote in the story is "involved an incident relating to assault." That is wide open. While I tend to agree with you, I also wonder if it depends on the exact nature of the charge(s) or investigation.

jknezek

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on November 17, 2017, 01:32:35 PM
Quote from: jknezek on November 17, 2017, 01:27:04 PM

My only thought on that... is what exactly is the charge he is up for... the quote in the story is "involved an incident relating to assault." That is wide open. While I tend to agree with you, I also wonder if it depends on the exact nature of the charge(s) or investigation.

http://www.cleveland19.com/story/36871299/mt-union-quarterback-arrested-during-traffic-stop-ahead-of-big-game-dangelo-fulford

Story was slightly updated. It was posted on the OAC boards. Something related to hazing and battery. You don't extradite for speeding tickets. "The UCEA allows the arrest of fugitives in a state accused of a crime in another state for which the penalty is at least one year in jail." Key word is of course accused. But at least a one year jail term means more than speeding tickets.

www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/out-of-state-arrest-warrants.html

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Not sure what is being said in the OAC board because I can only do so much today, but I agree that speeding tickets don't tend to be arrestable, but at the same time... it is usually what happens after the speeding tickets... i.e. if you have a suspended license and what not, that can become an arrestable offense. But ... going down a rabbit hole without enough information.

TheOsprey

Frosty up 14 - 0 at the half.   :o

Pick and put in less than a min. in 2nd half. 21-0 Bobcats!!

smedindy

I know weather played a factor at IWU and North Central, but all of the teams should know cold, rainy or snowy Novembers, so I was a little stunned that IWU and St. John's had very little for their opponents. Quite surprised Witt laid an egg and allowed Frostburg to run right over them, and Trine looks like they're going to give Wartburg fits.

If Husson can keep the ball for most of an entire quarter against Delaware Valley, they'll have a chance for a huge upset. I wouldn't count 'em out. And I was as shocked as anyone that RPI was hanging around for so long.

For all the talk about it being a bit unfair to Hardin - Simmons, they certainly didn't back up any gripes they may have had. This Linfield squad may have been ripe for a first round loss.

For the most part, a great start to week one.

wesleydad

This week could have several lower seeded teams winning.  Wesley/ Brockport, Frostburg/W&J, NCC/Oshkosh, Linfield/UMHB, and Trine/Wartburg look like toss ups or games that the away team would not surprise if they won the game.  I think Del Val, Mount, and St. Thomas may get challenged but any of them losing would be considered a major upset.  This could be a fun week of mayhem in D3.

D3MAFAN

Quote from: wesleydad on November 22, 2017, 10:31:55 AM
This week could have several lower seeded teams winning.  Wesley/ Brockport, Frostburg/W&J, NCC/Oshkosh, Linfield/UMHB, and Trine/Wartburg look like toss ups or games that the away team would not surprise if they won the game.  I think Del Val, Mount, and St. Thomas may get challenged but any of them losing would be considered a major upset.  This could be a fun week of mayhem in D3.

I concur.