FB: Presidents' Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:14:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WashJeff68

I read the thread on the D2 Board. Looks like the Clarion situation is pretty dire and there are several major roadblocks to turning it around. I can't imagine this is the kind of "challenge" Mike is looking for.
Older than Springtime...Younger than dirt

ADL70

Debs was interviewed at the half of today's basketball game and reported that Saxton will return for his extra Covid year.
SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite

E.115

Some more CWRU news:

DL transferring from Dartmouth for his Master's Degree and extra year of Covid-era eligibility:

https://twitter.com/nateboone98/status/1486148768579960838?s=21

MRMIKESMITH

There are speculations that CWRU, Rochester, Carnegie-Mellon, WASHU, Chicago are possibly looking to add one more team to get to 6 football playing members.

WashJeff68

Interesting. That would leave 5 OOC games for them to schedule. That could prove challenging. Who could be potential candidates?  Do they have any contractual obligations with current conferences that could get in the way?

ADL70

Quote from: FANOFD3 on February 10, 2022, 11:12:16 AM
There are speculations that CWRU, Rochester, Carnegie-Mellon, WASHU, Chicago are possibly looking to add one more team to get to 6 football playing members.

Just who is speculating? Could they find another 6-team football conference to pair up with for scheduling? It seems to me that scheduling had a lot to do with the breakup of UAA football. With PAC now having an unwieldy 11 football-playing schools and NCAC down to nine with Allegheny's move. I would like to see CWRU go back to NCAC for football and keep Carnegie Mellon as 10th game, as WashU and Chicago do in their respective football conferences. Before DePauw joined NCAC Wabash was able to keep the Bell game in week eleven.
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO

ADL70

Spartans now have 16 "commits" including the DL Grad-Xfr from Dartmouth mentioned earlier and an All-Ohio QB

https://twitter.com/AaronFilips   
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO

ADL70

Quote from: ADL70 on February 10, 2022, 03:17:17 PM

Just who is speculating? Could they find another 6-team football conference to pair up with for scheduling? It seems to me that scheduling had a lot to do with the breakup of UAA football. With PAC now having an unwieldy 11 football-playing schools and NCAC down to nine with Allegheny's move. I would like to see CWRU go back to NCAC for football and keep Carnegie Mellon as 10th game, as WashU and Chicago do in their respective football conferences. Before DePauw joined NCAC Wabash was able to keep the Bell game in week eleven.

Doesn't seem likely that either will happen. CWRU has posted schedules for 2023 and 2024 with 10 PAC games each year.

https://athletics.case.edu/sports/fball/future
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO

MRMIKESMITH

Quote from: ADL70 on February 22, 2022, 07:37:47 PM

Doesn't seem likely that either will happen. CWRU has posted schedules for 2023 and 2024 with 10 PAC games each year.

Wonder how many of the PAC schools will do the same and have 10 PAC games. Also, how will that play into at-large. I guess it's better than not having a game?

ADL70

Quote from: FANOFD3 on February 23, 2022, 09:12:40 AM
Quote from: ADL70 on February 22, 2022, 07:37:47 PM

Wonder how many of the PAC schools will do the same and have 10 PAC games. Also, how will that play into at-large. I guess it's better than not having a game?

FWIW All 10 games are shown as conference games. On the 2022 schedule there are 9 conference games shown.  CMU however has two non-conf games and only 8 PAC games. Perhaps 2022 will be a transition to a 10-game PAC schedule in 2023. W&J's site shows its game with Saint Vincent as not a PAC game, so CWRU's site may be incorrect about its Waynesburg game counting as a conference game, although Waynesburg's site shows it being a PAC game. Those were the only 2022 schedules I could find.

I don't think at-large will be much of an issue as Pool C is shrinking and those will go to the power conferences (WIAC, CCIW, OAC, MIAC), but it may effect hosting, since SoS will be .500, if there are no non-conf games.
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO

jknezek

Well this isn't pretty. Kudos to W&J for doing the right thing.

https://www.wtae.com/article/washington-and-jefferson-college-student-expelled-after-displaying-sign-targeting-westminster-basketball-player/39267796

I mean, I did dumb things in college, but at least I wasn't intentionally cruel...

MRMIKESMITH

Quote from: jknezek on March 02, 2022, 09:23:15 PM
Well this isn't pretty. Kudos to W&J for doing the right thing.

https://www.wtae.com/article/washington-and-jefferson-college-student-expelled-after-displaying-sign-targeting-westminster-basketball-player/39267796

I mean, I did dumb things in college, but at least I wasn't intentionally cruel...

Yeah, that's horrible. Can't even say it was meant out of jest on that. Something like that is never right regardless of era.

WashJeff68

Clarion has hired a new coach, so I guess Mike will be back next year. I expect he will be on top of what his players are doing off the field much more than in past years.

WashJeff68