FB: USA South Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:14:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph Turner

We have a better idea of the strength of the SEC West.

The American Athletic Conference runner-up beat the last place team in the SEC West by 4 points.
The American Athletic Conference champion gets monkey-stomped by the SEC West Champion by 21 points.

D O.C.

Big Huzzah to Huntingdon for scheduling LINFIELD this September 2022.

BSCpanthers

With Belhaven coming into the USA South, can they compete with Huntingdon for conference leader? 

Brevard, if you want to be mentioned in that, you have to win the conference first.......

Hawks88

Quote from: D O.C. on January 01, 2022, 09:26:59 PM
Big Huzzah to Huntingdon for scheduling LINFIELD this September 2022.
Looking forward to this. Can't wait to see how we measure up.

Hawks88

Quote from: BSCpanthers on January 06, 2022, 02:28:50 PM
With Belhaven coming into the USA South, can they compete with Huntingdon for conference leader? 

Brevard, if you want to be mentioned in that, you have to win the conference first.......
It looks like Belhaven's QB and top RB were both covid seniors. We'll have to see if they have replacements who are able to keep up the momentum they built this past season.

justafan12

Belhaven only had 6 seniors, 3 DL, QB, RB and DB.  A 2nd team all conference RB returns as well as a stable of others.  They do return an All American DL plus they have made offers to a lot of 2022 DLs.  Might struggle there as the young guys develop.  QB will be the question mark for them. 

justafan12

I am in dire need of information related to writing either a medical hardship waiver or a Legislative Relief Waiver.  My son has 1 year of NCAA eligibility remaining but is out of semesters.  If anyone has some info or links they can send me I would really appreciate it.  We thought we were good but found out yesterday that he could not participate.

I will be posting this on several different boards so if you see this multiple times I am sorry.

Hawks88

Wow, over two months with no activity here. Hope everyone is doing well this off-season. With a little time wasting during/after lunch this is what I have found.
Just poking around websites seeing who has schedules posted and find NC Wesleyan, Brevard and Belhaven have theirs up. It seems like Huntingdon usually publishes theirs around the middle of March so I'm kind of expecting it any time now. Going by what I see, what I assume, and what I've heard this is what we have so far:

9/3   Linfield
9/10   at BSC
9/17   at? Guilford?
9/24   Belhaven
10/1   
10/8   
10/15   Brevard
10/22   
10/29 *Homecoming   
11/5   at NC Wesleyan
11/12   

I had heard a while back that Guilford would be our week 3 ODAC game and judging by USAC and ODAC schedules that I've found that seems like a safe guess as Huntingdon and SVU are the only two USAC teams and RMC and Guilford are the two ODAC's not shown so HC vs GC and RMC vs SVU matchups make sense. I assume this game would be at Guilford since our trip there in '18 was a no contest and the trip in '20 didn't happen because Covid.

By going to Guilford maybe that would mean that we would have 4 home and 3 away in conference. Flipping the home and away games from last year and with Averett leaving that would leave trips to Maryville and Methodist and home games against two of Greensboro, Lagrange, and SVU. I assume that Lagrange would stay on the schedule so that would leave either Greensboro or SVU being the one that we don't play.

I remember seeing a facebook/twitter post some time ago that homecoming would be 10/29 but don't know the matchup, of course.

Hawks88

The new schedule is active on HC's website today. Southern Virginia is the conference game we miss. Can't wait to get started.

Go Hawks!

Sep. 3      Linfield
Sep. 10    at Birmingham Southern
Sep. 17    at Guilford
Sep. 24    Belhaven *
Oct. 1      at Maryville (Tenn.) *
Oct. 15    Brevard *
Oct. 22    at Methodist *
Oct. 29    Greensboro *
Nov. 5      at N.C. Wesleyan *
Nov. 12    LaGrange *

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Hawks88 on April 04, 2022, 01:07:48 PM
The new schedule is active on HC's website today. Southern Virginia is the conference game we miss. Can't wait to get started.

Go Hawks!

Sep. 3      Linfield
Sep. 10    at Birmingham Southern
Sep. 17    at Guilford
Sep. 24    Belhaven *
Oct. 1      at Maryville (Tenn.) *
Oct. 15    Brevard *
Oct. 22    at Methodist *
Oct. 29    Greensboro *
Nov. 5      at N.C. Wesleyan *
Nov. 12    LaGrange *
Great schedule!

You get credit for playing anybody!

Wild Horse Rider

So Methodist is one of the holdouts as far as the schedule release goes.  I was able to piece it together based on all the other ones posted.

Week   Date      H/A           Opponent
Week 1   3-Sep   Home   Shenandoah
Week 2   10-Sep   Away   Guilford
Week 3   17-Sep   Home   W&L
Week 4   24-Sep   Away   LaGrange
Week 5   1-Oct   Home   Belhaven
Week 6   8-Oct   Away   Brevard
Week 7   15-Oct   Away   NCWC
Week 8   22-Oct   Home   Huntingdon
Week 9   29-Oct   Away   SOVA
Week 10   5-Nov   Home   Greensboro
Week 11   12-Nov   BYE           BYE

I am making an assumption that they will play Guilford in OOC since they have played them every year since 1989 with the exception of last year when the game was canceled due to COVID.  They will play 10 straight weeks which is not optimal.  Hopefully they can win the first two OOC before playing W&L.  That will be a big test based on what the Generals typically are.  Home/Away in conference plays out well for the Monarchs and they miss Maryville this season.  I know Belhaven had a good season last year but I cannot tell you what they will look like in 2022.  Brevard away and Huntingdon at home are the games I am circling.

Hawks88

Ralph Turner

BSCpanthers

Quote from: Ralph Turner on April 25, 2022, 06:24:10 PM
Quote from: Hawks88 on April 25, 2022, 02:24:29 PM
So LC dropped Birmingham-Southern to play a club team. Makes no sense.

https://www.lagrangepanthers.com/sports/fball/2022-23/schedule
No it doesn't.

Makes them either look scared or look like idiots for not having something better lined up before dropping us from their schedule.

Hawks88

It looks like Huntingdon is starting the season with back-to-back night games. The Linfield game that had been listed as TBD before is now listed as 6PM. Sounds good to me. 82 days 'til football!

Go Hawks!