MBB: Landmark Conference

Started by Dave 'd-mac' McHugh, February 20, 2007, 07:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NEPAFAN

Quote from: ronk on June 06, 2022, 09:02:32 PM
New Scranton Wall of Fame class includes 2 MBBers - Zach Ashworth and Tom Bicknell. Both were dominant players and overlapped 1 season(2007-8).

Interestingly enough this will be ceremony in the Fall at halftime of the Men's Soccer game. Maybe they are really chomping at the bit to get the ceremony done, and don't want to wait till the winter.

Wall of Fame was one way to get a few more fannies in the seats for the hoops game.

KCHOOPS are you still around?
A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

NEPAFAN

D3 DIRT: Penn State Abington set to announce new Head Coach
16 JUN 2022  DIRT

Story: Adam Nelson (@HD_DirtKing)

I have heard from great sources that D3 Penn State Abington intends to name Ryan Van Zelst as their new Head Men's Basketball Coach.

Van Zelst has been on the staff at D3 University of Scranton since the 2015-16 season, and was elevated to the role of associate head coach prior to last year. During his time at Scranton, the Royals have gone 113-55, and captured two Landmark Conference Championships. He was also named to the 2016-17 Under Armour 30-Under-30 by the National Association of Basketball Coaches.

Prior to his time at Scranton, Van Zelst was an assistant at his alma mater Albright College (2014-15), and York College (2012-14).

He will replace Jon Tanous, who resigned back in early April.

An official announcement is expected shortly.

https://hoopdirt.com/d3-dirt-penn-state-abington-set-to-announce-new-head-coach/

Happy for Ryan, very sad for Scranton.

A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

saratoga

Thanks NEPA,
Very true...great opportunity for Ryan, tough loss for the Royals.
Ryan has been the point person behind every recruit except for the Danzig household.
Perhaps this will be his retirement incentive knowing full well he's lost without Ryan.
Carl retires, Ryan comes back as HC.

ronk

Drew MBB names their replacement for departed Daryl Keckler, now HC Moravian. He's Michael Mcsloy, previously HC St. Joseph's(LI).

NEPAFAN

Congrats to Ryan, sad to see him to go. Danzig should be able to attract another young coach, he's been able to get two who have moved on to assistant at D1 or head coaching gigs.
Unrelated, annual athletics golf tournament is this week, here is a link to the silent auction:
https://e.givesmart.com/events/rLb/i/_All/ieEX/
Vince Lombardi

Augie2020

Definitely congratulations to Coach Ryan!Wish you the best at PS-Abington!

Augie2020

Mens side-Assistant job  taken care of !Now time to fill the Lady Royals Head Coach and Assistant coach or coaches!

ronk

Quote from: Augie2020 on July 01, 2022, 07:21:53 PM
Mens side-Assistant job  taken care of !Now time to fill the Lady Royals Head Coach and Assistant coach or coaches!

Augie,
  Who is it?

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Augie2020

NEPAFAN

Vince Lombardi

Augie2020

Still no announcement for  the next assistant under Danzing.He already has it up on twitter.Lets get with it Scranton Athletics.At least introduce the man to the community!

NEPAFAN

Still no schedule from Linden Street..

but my sources tell me

Houghton, Manhattanville and York in the Hilton Invitational in November 2022.

Vince Lombardi

ronk

They're also on Kings' schedule either New Year's day/eve afternoon.

ronk

Quote from: NEPAFAN on August 12, 2022, 03:54:00 PM
Still no schedule from Linden Street..

but my sources tell me

Houghton, Manhattanville and York in the Hilton Invitational in November 2022.

Negatives for SOS