2020 NCAA Tournament

Started by ronk, February 28, 2020, 01:22:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoPerry

Quote from: gordonmann on March 02, 2020, 03:16:30 PM
They would've needed two flights for a West coast pod (Redlands can't drive there) but, yeah, that's the usual set up. They did a nice job separating conference foes and getting West Coast teams back East for fun match ups.

Agreed.  I'm not sure if Wheaton can take down Whitman.  But I'm looking forward to playing a team we likely haven't played in a while or maybe not ever.

I think the bracket is really good. 

I am very surprised 24-3 Ben U with the weak SOS getting in over Augsburg, Ohio Northern.  But then they do take 19-7 LaCrosse  obviously compelled by the strong SOS?  That might bear some discussion and Q/A with whoever the committee guest is tonight?

VT-Alum-NOVA

They would've needed two flights for a West coast pod (Redlands can't drive there) but, yeah, that's the usual set up. They did a nice job separating conference foes and getting West Coast teams back East for fun match ups.
so lack of West coast teams in 64 selection created the possibility of flying airplane matchup.  but flying across 3 time zones is hard on body rhythm for any athlete and expensive flight.

CNU85

Quote from: VT-Alum-NOVA on March 02, 2020, 04:12:55 PM
so lack of West coast teams in 64 selection created the possibility of flying airplane matchup.  but flying across 3 time zones is hard on body rhythm for any athlete and expensive flight.

But if you look at the 3 flights, they can fly into major airport hubs. Keeps the cost down.

Rofrog

Except the Middle Atlantic 3 teams are from Middle Atlantic Scranton,Widener,CNU,Endicott the only team not in the MA!smh

Baldini

Quote from: CNU85 on March 02, 2020, 04:18:17 PM

But if you look at the 3 flights, they can fly into major airport hubs. Keeps the cost down.

What is the major airport hub for Wartburg? Asking for a friend.

Baldini

Is it listed anywhere what each teams record is against other teams in the tournament?

Pat Coleman

That isn't something that people generally compile, and with 43 automatic bids, I'd guess that stat isn't very meaningful.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

GoPerry

Quote from: Baldini on March 02, 2020, 07:35:56 PM

Cedar Rapids is about hour and a half away.  Des Moines a little farther.

VT-Alum-NOVA

When will game times be listed.  Men's were put out quite quickly.

Ron Boerger

Quote from: VT-Alum-NOVA on March 02, 2020, 11:14:24 PM

Trinity (TX) posted theirs (Friday 5pm CT AC-UMHB, 7:30pm TU-UTD, winners Saturday 7:00pm).  Maybe check with your regional host's web site, I would imagine others have done the same even if the NCAA hasn't updated the official bracket yet.

ronk

Regional rankings are out; they have a line under which it states no at-large teams were selected; however, in the MA Gettysburg was selected.

VT-Alum-NOVA

Would like opinions, was it Gettysburg over Augsburg for final selection?  Since Gettysburg was below regional rankings line

CNU85

Quote from: Baldini on March 02, 2020, 07:35:56 PM

oops. Missed that one. But in order to help out your friend I did some research. This place even has a courtesy car and a public telephone..

https://swieteraircraft.com/

Pat Coleman

Quote from: Ron Boerger on March 02, 2020, 11:58:59 PM
Quote from: VT-Alum-NOVA on March 02, 2020, 11:14:24 PM

Trinity (TX) posted theirs (Friday 5pm CT AC-UMHB, 7:30pm TU-UTD, winners Saturday 7:00pm).  Maybe check with your regional host's web site, I would imagine others have done the same even if the NCAA hasn't updated the official bracket yet.

The men's committee is always on top of game times. The women's tournament is a little more laissez-faire in such regards. I checked every team website last night before bed for updates and we had fewer than half of the games set.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

CNU85

Scranton just posted 5pm and 7pm Friday