2020 NCAA Tournament

Started by ronk, February 28, 2020, 01:22:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat Coleman

Awesome, thanks for the info!
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

VT-Alum-NOVA

Does NCAA give any guidance to schools hosting events about cancellations due to COVID-19?  With many industry conferences getting canceled, only a matter of time Universities will have to consider postponing sporting events.

Pat Coleman

Not yet -- only yesterday did the NCAA announce its COVID-19 task force.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Roundball999

Quote from: VT-Alum-NOVA on March 04, 2020, 01:23:02 PM
Does NCAA give any guidance to schools hosting events about cancellations due to COVID-19?  With many industry conferences getting canceled, only a matter of time Universities will have to consider postponing sporting events.

More likely that they'd play with no fans?  Not unprecedented....

VT-Alum-NOVA

Quote from: Roundball999 on March 04, 2020, 07:59:24 PM

is this a rumor or actually something NCAA is thinking about doing for March Madness?  would airlines allow JUST players to travel to game where there would be no fans?

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: VT-Alum-NOVA on March 04, 2020, 09:27:44 PM
Quote from: Roundball999 on March 04, 2020, 07:59:24 PM

is this a rumor or actually something NCAA is thinking about doing for March Madness?  would airlines allow JUST players to travel to game where there would be no fans?

I think the fact other countries have been putting on sporting events with no fans make it something to consider.

Creative camera work makes these early round games seem like the buildings have a lot of fans when in reality they tend to be rather sparse anyway.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Ron Boerger

Gordon Mann's women's tourney preview is up:   https://d3hoops.com/playoffs/women/2020/tournament-preview

Thank you, Gordon!

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

The Division III Men's and Women's Basketball Tournaments are set to get going. It all starts at 1:00 p.m. ET on Friday with the first men's game.

However, before you get fully wrapped up in the games make sure you go into it fully informed.

That means tuning into Hoopsville on Thursday night for our tournaments preview episode. We will not only take a fresh look at the brackets, but we will also talk to a number of coaches getting their teams ready for first-round games. From a Conference Cinderella, to a couple of Conference Champions, and a coach looking to finish his career with a bang.

Guests Schedule (order subject to change):
- Kevin Jaskiewicz, Coast Guard men's coach
- Steve Moore, Wooster men's coach
- Brian Lane, Transylvania men's coach
- Carissa Sain, No. 18 Chicago women's coach
- Mike Miller, No. 19 Messiah women's coach

Hoopsville is presented by D3hoops.com and airs from the WBCA/NABC Studio. You can watch Thursday's show LIVE starting at 7:00 p.m. ET in the following ways:
- Main page: www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville
- Show page: http://bit.ly/2TTWFVp (or www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2019-20/mar5)
- Facebook Live Simulcast: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
- YouTube Simulcast: www.youtube.com/d3hoopsville
- Team1 Sports: www.team1sports.com/Hoopsville/
- Team1 Sports app (Android TV, Amazon Fire, Apple TV, Roku) - you will either find it under the "live" section or search for the Hoopsville channel
Monday's show primarily covers the Atlantic, Central, South, and Northeast Regions. All men's coaches appear in the NABC Coach's Corner. And all guests are featured on the BlueFrame Technology Hoopsville Hotline

Men's coaches appear in the NABC Coach's Corner. And all guests are featured on the BlueFrame Technology Hoopsville Hotline.

If you have questions about Division III basketball, feel free to send them and we will answer them on a the show. Email them to hoopsville@d3sports.com or use any of the social media options.

Please also consider helping us out. We are accepting donations to the show - which many of you have asked about. The goal is to raise $7,500. We are approximately at $4,600 at the time of this posting.

To donate, click our PayPal link here: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=BSRFLPUJQ9MKL&source=url

And thank you for your contributions.

If you enjoy the show via the podcasts, choose your favorite avenue to listen and/or subscribe via the the following four avenues (click on the images when necessary):
SoundCloud: www.soundcloud.com/hoopsville

We also have the podcast now on Tune-In and others coming. We will update them once we have better abilities to do so.

Don't forget you can always interact with us:
Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #Hoopsville
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email: hoopsville@d3hoops.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/d3hoopsville
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

VT-Alum-NOVA

Will NCAA give Amherst host if they close gym to fans?

Pat Coleman

Quote from: VT-Alum-NOVA on March 07, 2020, 04:44:38 PM

I have no idea if they will take this into account, but I do hope they consider it.

iwumichigander

Quote from: Pat Coleman on March 07, 2020, 04:46:05 PM
Quote from: VT-Alum-NOVA on March 07, 2020, 04:44:38 PM

I have no idea if they will take this into account, but I do hope they consider it.
I too hope NCAA considers takes this into account bot also why a potential host might close a gym.

7express

So...by my count there's 6 flights needed for next weekend which seems like an awfully high number.  3 out of 4 teams will have to fly to the host in the bottom left, and George Fox, MHB and Newport will all have to fly to Amherst (though if George Fox is staying east they'll probably just bus up to Amherst, but does that count towards the bean counters??)

Also, what are the odds the NESCAC hosts 3 of the 4 pods next weekend??  Tufts in the upper left is a given, and Amherst in the upper right is almost a given.  I have a feeling the only reason Oglethorpe didn't host this past weekend was because Randolph-Macon checked in at over 500 miles while R-M clocked in at just under 500 to Transy, so if I had to guess Ogle gets the hosting edge over Bowdoin for that part of the bracket.  Hope is easily hosting the bottom right.

VT-Alum-NOVA

Amherst barred fans because of COVID-19 precautions.   Highly doubt by next Friday administration would change barring fans again this friday.  George Fox flew back to OR.
Selecting host that NCAA knows will very likely bar fans that weekend is not good PR.

Rofrog

This is going to far with this covid-19 let the fans decide if they want to attend not the Colleges.I understand this is big hype.They never closed when the flu or any other disease came out just relax and let the people decide instead of getting your name in the news !!!

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: Rofrog on March 08, 2020, 12:35:59 AM
This is going to far with this covid-19 let the fans decide if they want to attend not the Colleges.I understand this is big hype.They never closed when the flu or any other disease came out just relax and let the people decide instead of getting your name in the news !!!

Some college do close down for really bad flu viruses.  We had a three day sick break when I was in school.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere