FB: Midwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fightintitan2006

bayer/berlex and hawksighting, who r your teams?
You're a master of Karate...and friendship...for everyone! – from the musical "The Nightman Cometh"

bayer/berlex

fightintitan2006

bayer/berlex is a grinnell fan (I haven't missed many games over the last several years).

The Kenyon at Grinnell opener should be a dandy. Expect a wide open game as Kenyon returns two 1000 yard rushers, including a QB who runs from the shotgun formation. The Pioneers will be sky high with their largest squad in recent years (including 18 starters from last year). The Kenyon coach is a Grinnell alum who played on the "perfect season" team of the late 90's. I'm betting that Pfalzer's arm will be fine and the matured defense will be much improved. Look for Grinnell to win by a field goal, 27-24.

Hawk Sighting

Quote from: fightintitan2006 on July 12, 2006, 09:39:28 PM
bayer/berlex and hawksighting, who r your teams?

I am a Ripon Grad.  On the squad from 2000-2004.  I am now working for a College in the Iowa Conference, ill give you guys a guess, has to do with my name.  It is def. a totally different paced game in the Iowa conference.  As much as i hate to agree, Wartburg should do a good job on Monmouth. The one big thing that the Iowa conference has that the MWC doesn't is off campus recruiting.  That helps a lot with getting some different types of student/athletes. 

fightintitan2006

if i have you pegged right, than something tells me that you would be a good source for inside information not only on Ripon football, but also Ripon swimming ;)
You're a master of Karate...and friendship...for everyone! – from the musical "The Nightman Cometh"

fightintitan2006

JUSTINTYME hinted onthe previous page that a pair of former SNC players may be at Lawrence this year...anyone know if there is any truth to either??? I have heard Wren is there from a few different people, but this was the first I heard about Schussler

If Wren is really at LU, that could have a huge impact on that team and the league...I think is been a few years since he has played ball, but if he is in shape, he could be a man among boys...anyone know if this would be his last year or would he have another year of eligibility?

Hawk Sighting

Quote from: fightintitan2006 on July 14, 2006, 07:46:02 PM
if i have you pegged right, than something tells me that you would be a good source for inside information not only on Ripon football, but also Ripon swimming ;)

Could be :o  And would I know you at all?  Only a month till check in fella's!!

fightintitan2006

I doubt you know me...I'm just a longtime Fox Valley area guy  who makes the rounds around the area to watch football...I watched your dad at LU and while he doesn't know me well, he must recognize me from those days, because we run into each other occasionally and usually make small talk (that's how I figured you were who you were) 

rome

How will Beloit be this year under their new HC??

How many recruits are coming to campus??

Anyone with insight?

RestoreTheRoar

Beloit should be tough this year. They only lost three starters and six total players from last year's team. In the spring I heard they were expecting somewhere around 20-25 incoming freshman.  Heard they had a good off-season strength and conditioning program under the new coaching staff. Will be exciting to see what they can do this year. 

rome

Hey Pat

Why no love for Lee Ranken FB--Beloit--led the conference in rushing--as a Jr.

All Region Team last Year--I have seen him--outstanding

Pat Coleman

Running back is stacked like you wouldn't believe. There's actually a guy who was on the All-American team last fall who isn't on the preseason team this year because the freshman for Mount Union passed him with his playoff performance.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

rome

Fair enough,

but, you have to be impressed with the numbers he put up on a squad that was so numbers depleted...if he repeats that performance he should be on the squad.

JUSTINTYEM

This Season will be very interesting,I predicted a .500 seaon for LU a year ago when they hired Howard.I wasnt that far off.Now with this recruiting class,the transfers,and the guys returning Im predicting some where around 8-2 or 9-1.This team is no joke now!!!!! Look for LU to do what people have been doing to them for years.RUNNING the score up every chance they get.The MWC is in for a rude awakening,LU is back and loaded !!!!!
Im a Retired Radio Sportscaster.

JUSTINTYEM

http://www.d3football.com/pressreleases.php?release=1105                                                                                                                                                         LAWRENCE'S 2006 FOOTBALL RECRUIT LIST!!!!!!

Im a Retired Radio Sportscaster.

coocooforcoekohawk

Quote from: JUSTINTYEM on July 25, 2006, 09:20:20 AM
This Season will be very interesting,I predicted a .500 seaon for LU a year ago when they hired Howard.I wasnt that far off.Now with this recruiting class,the transfers,and the guys returning Im predicting some where around 8-2 or 9-1.This team is no joke now!!!!! Look for LU to do what people have been doing to them for years.RUNNING the score up every chance they get.The MWC is in for a rude awakening,LU is back and loaded !!!!!

Better get out of the gate quick with Monmouth and SNC the first two weeks of conference play.  Some advice to the coaching staff, no matter how much you are beating Minnesota-Morris keep the starters in, the reps are crucial to success so early against the big boys of the MWC.  Getting Monmouth after Wartburg works in favor of Lawrence regardless of the outcome of the Wart vs. Monmouth game
I'm so happy 'cause today I found my friends. They're in my head.  I'm so ugly, that's okay, 'cause so are you!