FB: Midwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fightintitan2006

I just looked back at the stats on SNCs website papa, Meehan was their lead back the last three years and was second to wren as a freshman...the year before a sophomore named getschow led the team with wren second...so it could be that a kid was going to start over Meehan and got hurt early and is coming back or he may have gotten the names confused and it could be getschow coming back...I should point out, if it is getschow, he didn't have gaudy numbers, 608 yards rushing to lead SNC in 2002

Is St Norbert the catholic version of BYU?, guys show up, play a year or two, go on a catholic mission and return a few years later to finish their careers?  :D
You're a master of Karate...and friendship...for everyone! – from the musical "The Nightman Cometh"

coocooforcoekohawk

The poll is out and Monmouth gets 10!

not ranked 10, ten points.

six more points than Wartburg.

Taking into account the game is at Wartburg the line must be even.

If Monmouth loses to Wartburg the MWC teams won't get any top twentyfive votes.  This is a very important game for the whole conference.

p.s. with five WIAC teams getting more votes than the best MWC team Monmouth is left with a regional ranking of 12.  Looks like UWW or St. John's again in the playoffs for the MWC AQ. :P
I'm so happy 'cause today I found my friends. They're in my head.  I'm so ugly, that's okay, 'cause so are you!

kiltman85

The bottom line with the regional ranking is that the region is stacked.  Preseason polls don't mean much though, look at UWW.  They were 21st in last years poll at this time and they ended up getting second.  It's good to see the MWC getting a few votes at least.

BigtenBadger2006

Anyone with College Football 2007 for PS2, I have created all ten MWC teams with named rosters, accurate abilities based on stats and similar playbooks for all ten teams. Rosters go 3 to 11 deep depending on position

if you are intrested in getting copy on your memory card, email me at bigtenbadger2006@yahoo.com

Jester76

So does anyone have any ideas on what is going to happen with the Monmouth/Wartburg game?

coocooforcoekohawk

Quote from: Jester76 on August 06, 2006, 08:28:51 PM
So does anyone have any ideas on what is going to happen with the Monmouth/Wartburg game?

Monmouth received more votes than Wartburg did in the top twentyfive poll.  Monmouth is considered the best team in the MWC and Wartburg is considered the third best team in the IIAC.  So I think it is obvious.
I'm so happy 'cause today I found my friends. They're in my head.  I'm so ugly, that's okay, 'cause so are you!

fightintitan2006

obvious in what way?...I am sure the majority of people would take the top half of the IIAC over an MWC champ every day of the week.
You're a master of Karate...and friendship...for everyone! – from the musical "The Nightman Cometh"

coocooforcoekohawk

Quote from: fightintitan2006 on August 06, 2006, 09:27:56 PM
obvious in what way?...

Wartburg is going to CRUSH the Scots! :o

kiltman85

Wartburg is going to CRUSH the Scots! :o
[/quote]

As Lee Corso would say.....not so fast my friend!!  This will be a hard fought game that is going to come down to the wire.  Both teams are trying to replace a QB, but return some starters on offense and defense.  This game is a great opener for both teams.   

PapaSmurf

Quote from: fightintitan2006 on August 02, 2006, 07:56:32 PM
I just looked back at the stats on SNCs website papa, Meehan was their lead back the last three years and was second to wren as a freshman…the year before a sophomore named getschow led the team with wren second…so it could be that a kid was going to start over Meehan and got hurt early and is coming back or he may have gotten the names confused and it could be getschow coming back…I should point out, if it is getschow, he didn’t have gaudy numbers, 608 yards rushing to lead SNC in 2002

He is the returning back.  He had about 140 carries vs. Wren who had 110 that year and they both averaged about the same per carry.  I guess he'll be about 23 or 24 which puts him on par with the typical WIAC senior. ;)
The couch potato said he saw Schussler's name on a locker so I guess all that's left is for him to show up tomorrow to make it official.

raiderguy

I know I need a life now!!!

Congratulations on the 100th page for the Midwest Conference!
WELCOME TO THE MACHINE!

rome

care of www.beloit.edu

Rankinen Earns Pre-Season All-American Recognition
August 14, 2006
Lee Rankinen, a senior running back for the Buccaneer Football team, was recently recognized by Don Hansen's Football Gazette as a member of the publication's NCAA Division III Pre-Season All-American Team.
Rankinen, who rushed for 1,434 yards on 257 carries for 17 touchdowns during the 2005 season, earned Honorable Mention honors on the annual team. The 1,434 yards were the best ever for a single season in BC history while his 17 TDs were the second-best effort. For his career, he ranks #4 in both rushing yards (2,984) and rushing touchdowns (30). His average of 995 yards per season over his first three years puts him on pace to finish as the #2 rusher all-time.
The Football Gazette was started in 1987 as a way to recognize and honor small-college football and its players.

Pat Coleman

That's the Lake Woebegone Syndrome "All-American" team. Almost 200 players on the honorable mention list alone.

http://www.d3football.com/dailydose/?p=216
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

rome

Pat

I know your feelings on the topic---but he put up worthy numbers in an offense where you share the ball with 3 other backs--plus he led the MWC in rushing---lead your conference--again worthy of recognition. 

kiltman85

I have to agree with Rome.  Those numbers are worthy of recognition especially since teams know that the ball is going to Rankin almost every down and he still puts up numbers like that.  That's almost 5 yards a carry for him.  Thats impressive for anyone not named Reggie Bush