FB: Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DuffMan and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.

OzJohnnie

Many, many years ago we had a conversation here about tats and tramp stamps.  Some of the old timers may remember it.  Well, that conversation was brought back to mind for me when I read this story:

Mother renames son after tattooist makes spelling error

THE one time you’d hope never to encounter a spelling mistake is when you’re getting your child’s name etched on your person. Tattoos, like children, are for life.

Unfortunately one Swedish mother fell victim to an embarrassing typo after her tattooist misspelled her son Kevin’s name as Kelvin.

She returned to the artist, who laughed and said there wasn’t anything he could do apart from issue a refund.

After looking at tattoo removal, she and her husband came to the decision that the smarter option [!!!] would be to rename the boy, who was aged almost two at the time.
[  

bluenote

U cornholios crackle me up.... too bad we can't play SJU in the first round!  :P

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: OzJohnnie on May 16, 2018, 10:47:57 PM
Many, many years ago we had a conversation here about tats and tramp stamps.  Some of the old timers may remember it.  Well, that conversation was brought back to mind for me when I read this story:

THE one time you'd hope never to encounter a spelling mistake is when you're getting your child's name etched on your person. Tattoos, like children, are for life.

Unfortunately one Swedish mother fell victim to an embarrassing typo after her tattooist misspelled her son Kevin's name as Kelvin.

She returned to the artist, who laughed and said there wasn't anything he could do apart from issue a refund.

After looking at tattoo removal, she and her husband came to the decision that the smarter option [!!!] would be to rename the boy, who was aged almost two at the time.

I feel extremely sorry for Kevin/Kelvin, being raised by total morons! :o  For the sake of Kevin/Kelvin's inheritance, I hope she at least took the refund! ;)

sjusection105

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on May 17, 2018, 12:42:48 AM
Quote from: OzJohnnie on May 16, 2018, 10:47:57 PM

THE one time you'd hope never to encounter a spelling mistake is when you're getting your child's name etched on your person. Tattoos, like children, are for life.

Unfortunately one Swedish mother fell victim to an embarrassing typo after her tattooist misspelled her son Kevin's name as Kelvin.

She returned to the artist, who laughed and said there wasn't anything he could do apart from issue a refund.

I feel extremely sorry for Kevin/Kelvin, being raised by total morons! :o  For the sake of Kevin/Kelvin's inheritance, I hope she at least took the refund! ;)
Hmmm, it appears that a couple cases of returnable empty beer bottles is all old Kevin/Kelvin has going for him, as financial planning doesn't appear to be high on the agenda.
As of now they're on DOUBLE SECRET Probation!

retagent

I don't know if I should be happy or not that BDB didn't count me as a Wiscy guy. I've lived here now for 13 years, so I'm getting there.

For quintessential Wisconsin beer. most would name New Glarus Spotted Cow, which is available only in WI. Maybe another would be Leinenkugel's Wisconsin Red Pale Ale, which, I believe, is similarly embargoed. As mentioned, though, there are any number of craft beers that a true beer lover would prefer.

MUC57

Retagent

Sorry, I left your name off too. And you seem to be one of the good guys. OK, I owe you one. Or several. We'll talk about it over a couple of cold ones. I'm flexible. You name the brand.
Go Everybody! ☠🏈😀
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

MiacMan

Quote from: MUC57 on May 17, 2018, 09:40:24 AM

Retagent

Sorry, I left your name off too. And you seem to be one of the good guys. OK, I owe you one. Or several. We'll talk about it over a couple of cold ones. I'm flexible. You name the brand.
Go Everybody! ☠🏈😀

MUC, I'm gonna give you some +K for including me on your list. Besides, you being one of the good guys, I believe you were misunderstood at one point. We have to get your +Plus Karma to be greater than your -Negative Karma!  ;)

MUC57

MiacMan

Thanks, I needed that. I don't want to pass Merle on the negative karma. On the other hand, do I really care? Probably not. Talking to guys like you makes me not even care. Do we have fun, or what?

BDB

Quote from: retagent on May 17, 2018, 08:42:01 AM
I don't know if I should be happy or not that BDB didn't count me as a Wiscy guy. I've lived here now for 13 years, so I'm getting there.

I didn't list you because I though you lived around Washington DC.  ::)

OzJohnnie

Quote from: BlueDevil Bob on May 17, 2018, 03:06:18 PM

You got retagent and the Rev confused?  Ha!  I'm not laughing at you retagent, but that's pretty funny.
[  

OldAuggie

Quote from: Tom Thumb on May 17, 2018, 04:50:18 PM
St. Thomas

Maxwell Guggemos, RB/OLB, Lakeside High School, Atlanta, GA: https://twitter.com/LHSCoachEdwards/status/996789907623497730
Hudl: https://www.hudl.com/profile/4087729/Maxwell-Guggemos
Related to Neil Guggemos? He played at UST when I was at Augsburg.  Guggemos was a quality athlete that had a shot with the Vikings. 
MIAC champions 1928, 1997

BDB

Quote from: OzJohnnie on May 17, 2018, 05:04:50 PM
Quote from: BlueDevil Bob on May 17, 2018, 03:06:18 PM

You got retagent and the Rev confused?  Ha!  I'm not laughing at you retagent, but that's pretty funny.

Actually no. I had it in my brain that they both lived in that area.

See what living in the beer capital of the USA does?  ;D

I guess his devotion to the Washington Capitals threw me off.

MUC57

BlueDevilBob

So you live in the beer capital of the USA! Big deal! I live in Alliance, Ohio, home to the National Cat Fanciers Association. So there! Put that in your pipe..............! ☠🏈😜

BDB

MUC57, are you mixing vodka in your Ensure again? I thought the doctor frowned on that.

But then again, following the Cleveland Browns will drive anyone to drink.