FB: Commonwealth Coast Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:57:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bearpaw

SullyMustGo...damn man, I'm surprised...I think what I said earlier was mistaken...by no means was I trying to attack you at all.  I guess in the end, I just hope you are using the same passion to get rid of Sully as you use posting. 

As for new facilities...I didn't think Westfields was that bad of a field, and the other facilities are great.  Worcester State could use some new locker rooms, but their field is also pretty good.  I think honestly, the only really bad field in the league would be Salve Regina's, because it's a beat up high school field and they have the opposing team change in another high school....

Kavey to the Aztec Bowl, quite an achievement....any other NEFC players get some good honors?  Anybody up for Academic All-American?

Diablo981

here's some new news. next year coast guard academy is joining the bogan division and plymouth state is joining the boyd.

footballplayer

Coach Sullivan is a great coach. 

SullyMustGo

Footballplayer who are you? His sidekick Coach Rogers who throws the ball 4 times in a row inside the 10 when the running game got you in there in the first place? Or are you his son? Other than those two people I have never met anyone who liked him and I've met alotta former players.  And by former playes I mean when he was a head coach. I'm sure he was a great guy at Worcestor state as an assistant becuase he didn't run the team.

O and please explain to me why you think he is a great coach.

Bearpaw

Sully, I think football player was just joking around, saying it to upset you.  Glad to see your response is still the same.

So, how will Coast Guard and Plymouth State look now in the NEFC?  This should make the conference race a little better, and maybe now add a game on to everybody's schedule.  Also, why does pretty much no one go out and play a non-conference game?  With schools like Springfield, WNEC, RPI, Norwich, and Western Conn. not THAT far away, why doesn't the NEFC go challenge itself and play elsewhere?  Just a thought....

D3FAN05

I think Coast Guard will make the most noise next year. With the NEFC a "less competitive" conference than the Liberty League they should find the goings not as tough as it has been in the past for them.

Plymouth State will also benefit from playing a set schedule rather tahn having to take on anyone that they could find to fit the openings in their schedule. They have imporved under their coach and I would think they would be competitive with most of the Boyd.

I think that scheduling comes down to not wanting to take on the added expense of an overnight trip for some of the teams. Endicott seems to have a commitment to playing outside the conference and some of the other NEFC schools have done it in the past. Could that just be a scheduling issue with finding common open dates?

Bearpaw

D3Fan,  Those are some interesting points...it'll be nice to just have some different teams in the league to mix it up so more. 

As for the scheduling topic...I just find it interesting that I believe Worcester and Umass Dartmouth play a week earlier than everyone else (WPI and Merrimack).  If they can play a week earlier, why can't everyone else in the league.  Also, it's not like Springfield College is any further the Westfield State.  And since most of the teams in the league only have one overnight game (maine maritime) a year, why can't they in the other year go play somebody else.  I just believe that the out of conference scheduling is the difference maker in allowing the NEFC winner to actually win a playoff game....

63Center

Endicott has played two non-conference games each year that they have had a varsity team and the teams they play are not cupcakes.  They have played WPI, RPI, and Hartwick. They, like UMD, started their season a week earlier to get in these games.  I agree that the best way for the NEFC to improve is to play some outside competition.

Regarding the addition of Coast Guard and Plymouth State, I stated at the beginning of the season when the announcement was first made that I think the addition of these two schools hurts the NEFC more than it helps.  First neither team is that great.  I agree that the new coach at Plymouth State is turning the program around and joining the NEFC may help with that.  The Coast Guard seems to get worse every year.  The downside to the NEFC is that there will now be 16 teams.  If you have to play each team in your division that takes 7 games from your schedule.  If the NEFC requires two cross-over games as they have in the past that means that 9 games are taken by conference opponents. That pretty much shoots a hole in trying to improve by playing non-conference teams.  If the NEFC forgoes the requirement to play cross-over games then it won't hurt the conference too much.  Hopefully some of these teams will get wise and break off and form a new smaller conference (how about an all Mass Conference).  That is not likely though as long as they get the automatic bid to the NCAA.

63Center

SullyMustGo, I agree I think Footballplayer is just playing you.  I can't imagine there is anyone out there that actually believes that Sullivan is a good coach, unless it is coaching how to lose.

Some of these new posters need to gp back and read up on earlier posts to know what has already been stated.  Back about the 2nd or 3rd week of the season, I suggested that SullyMustGo get together with the alums and go to the President and insist that Sullivan be fired.  At least it is nice to know that Summy gave basically the same answer twice.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: Diablo981 on November 28, 2005, 08:19:43 PM
here's some new news. next year coast guard academy is joining the bogan division and plymouth state is joining the boyd.

That stpry was news back on July 18:

http://www.d3football.com/notables.php?date=2005-07-18
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Diablo981

good lookin out PC. I had just found out a few days ago though.

footballplayer

Sullymustgo,

I believe he is a great coach becuase he believes in his players.  He knows what football is about.  It is not just a X's and O's game.  It is a game about passion and character.  I believe that coach Sullivan put more time and effort into the game than you know.  Football is about passion and dedication.

SullyMustGo

I know he puts alot of time into the team, but you can't measure the quality of a coach just by how much time he puts in or just by his knowledge of the game. Check my previous posts, I have never said he doesn't know the game. What I've been saying is that 99% of his players hate him and are praying they get a new coach next year. And for those who have had him as a coach at FSC they all know he coaches straight out of a book named "The Football Coaching Bible". He took basic plays from there, stupid quotes that he makes people think are his own, he stole the unity council point system for discipline out of there. It's a complete joke. I can see getting ideas from a book, but please dont make a mockery of yourself and copy everything word for word. It makes you look rediculous.... He is also a prick to his players, he's ruined the careers of several great players at FSC, he has the worst play calling in history (that in part is coach rogers fault), and to top it of his record there is 3-33!!! This isn't pop wearner where records don't really matter as much, this is COLLEGE FOOTBALL where winning is 99% of the game. You really think this bum is a good coach?

63Center

Well stated SullyMustGo.  I wish sometime you would let it all out and quit holding back.

Bearpaw

Hm.....SullyMustGo, yet once again you amaze me and your stance on Framingham State football.  Here's a dumb question, are any of the players out there?  Could any of you come on here and just silence him or support him, by saying yes he's a good coach or no, he's an idiot lets get rid of him.  Every program goes through it's bad times, this league goes in cycles.  Look at Westfield State, in a bit of a funk itself.  I think to be honest, even though there are no other topics on here, this one has gotten quite boring.  I think that to be honest, it is time to either do something to change it or simply shut up and take it. 

Anywho, any big recruits going anywhere?  Also, will Bridgewater and Fitchburg be able to reload after this past season, or is it their turn to take a seat and watch teams like Maine Maritime and Worcester take the lead?