BB: MIAC: Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by Ralph Turner, February 11, 2006, 02:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

badgerwarhawk

Congrats to St Thomas and good luck in Appleton.  You left no doubt about who had the best team in the regional. 
"Just think twice is my only advice."

wiacguy

Just looking at the midwest all regional teams... they must really put a lot of stock into batting average because I think Dorgan from St. Thomas is the best catcher in the midwest... the third basemen Bruchu from St. Thomas got robbed too and he has all regional type stats

I watched them both have nice tournaments this weekend in Whitewater, hard to believe there is three better catchers than Dorgan. I watched moody, the first teamer from Scholastica as well and I would take Dorgan over him in a heart beat. 

St. Thomas got a nice regional championship.  I wish they hadnt got so many breaks to gain the edge over whitewater, looks to be a rivalry for the next couple of years though as both teams are young, especially on offense

MIACLUV

Quote from: wiacguy on May 22, 2012, 01:29:02 AM
Just looking at the midwest all regional teams... they must really put a lot of stock into batting average because I think Dorgan from St. Thomas is the best catcher in the midwest... the third basemen Bruchu from St. Thomas got robbed too and he has all regional type stats

I watched them both have nice tournaments this weekend in Whitewater, hard to believe there is three better catchers than Dorgan. I watched moody, the first teamer from Scholastica as well and I would take Dorgan over him in a heart beat. 

Bruchu had real nice numbers so I'm with you there. Dorgan was a dissapointment this year after a terrific freshman season. He's very good defensively, but refuses to hit breaking balls and teams have figured that out and the stats show it. He had a great regional, but it hasn't been that good all season. Skala is the best defensive catcher in the region hands down and was drafted last season. Can only assume that his numbers have dropped because teams are refusing to pitch to him based on what he did last season which was impressive. Schilter of Point is well rounded and very good on both sides of the plate and will be again next year. And Moody is not going to be missed by the Tommies, we've faced him 2-4 times a year and has always been pretty good against us. All Conf & All whatever teams are always numbers based, so no surprise these 3 are on the list and JD's not.

SUMMIT!!!!!

congrats to Mac's Mitch Glasser for getting drafted in Round 39 by the White Sox. He's the lone MIAC draftee
After the game, the king and pawn go into the same box.

Italian proverb

biggio34

Whats happening in the MIAC?  Any interesting newcomers that should be on the radar?  Did the Tommies add to their arsenal with a few more dominant transfers?  Did the Johnnies finish their new field or is it still in the works?  Who's got the best freshman class?

I have the winter blues already and it's not winter yet.  Let's fire up this room!

MIACLUV

Good start for the Tommies last night with the sweep over Coe. Maher was his normal dominant self going complete allowing 3 hits. Bats got rolling late in the first game and continued on into game two with Gerber's HR. The Freshman Toedt was sharp only allowing 1 hit in his first outing. Thomas came in and seemed to be over th plate alot so Coe was able to get the timing down, but for a first outing they have to be pleased. Pitching will carry this team once again with depth that will be un-matched in the Midwest. I have to think they are setting this up to have Maher start 1 vs St. Scholastica and Thomas to start 1 vs Whitewater with Toedt starting Game 2 in one of those outings. I know it's two games in to the season, but Who's finishing 2nd in the MIAC?

ShineTime

No ones beating st Thomas this year could see them losing less than 3 games all year.  Point losing seidl really hurt their chances of maybe knocking them off.  I don't know if whitewater has the pitching to beat them either.  Lacrosse on other hand may have a chance if effertz can be as dominate as I've heard he can be.
GOTTA LOVE ACT 10

Babe Truth

Quote from: ShineTime on February 25, 2013, 07:36:51 PM
No ones beating st Thomas this year could see them losing less than 3 games all year.  Point losing seidl really hurt their chances of maybe knocking them off.  I don't know if whitewater has the pitching to beat them either.  Lacrosse on other hand may have a chance if effertz can be as dominate as I've heard he can be.
Yes the pitching matchups could make it interesting. A split like last year would have to be seen as a good day's work by La Crosse. Besides playing an excellent team, it's gotta be hard to be on a diamond for the first time since October while your opponent has already played six games in the dome.

MIACLUV

So far the the MIAC is 14-6 and the Pre-season bottom 4 is taking care of the like of the UMAC "Top" teams. However that 14-6 includes the WIAC as well. Looking forward to the next couple weeks, Tommies vs St. Scholastica and Tommies vs Warhawks. Pitching decisions get a little easier after seeing the box score of CSS and MAC, Tommies should be able to hold there top 3 for the Warhawks. Tommies looked stacked and see them losing very few games this year!

therocket21

Tommies do look stacked for this year. I hear Peterson, their new 1b, rakes and it seems as if they didn't loose a step on the mound this year even after loosing Gapinski. I am curious to see who Scholastica throws against them. Andy Davis did beat them two years ago, but I am not sure if he is healthy or not this year. Either way I am excited to see the CSS Tommies matchup this Monday.

username

oh man the tommies look awesome. who in the MIAC can stand in their way? maybe bethel can give them some competition or st. john's.

SUMMIT!!!!!

Quote from: username on March 12, 2013, 11:47:48 AM
oh man the tommies look awesome. who in the MIAC can stand in their way? maybe bethel can give them some competition or st. john's.

well st john's sure didnt. but that park up there is gonna be nice by next season when its done
After the game, the king and pawn go into the same box.

Italian proverb

username

No St. John's definitely didn't stand in their way. What's up with St. John's? How did Hamline sweep them???

St. Thomas seems unbeatable.

biggio34

Quote from: username on May 01, 2013, 02:33:33 PM
No St. John's definitely didn't stand in their way. What's up with St. John's? How did Hamline sweep them???

Unbeatable??  They have four losses, so clearly they are beatable.  You better bring your A game, but it's not impossible.

username

Quote from: biggio34 on May 02, 2013, 10:00:24 AM
Quote from: username on May 01, 2013, 02:33:33 PM

Unbeatable??  They have four losses, so clearly they are beatable.  You better bring your A game, but it's not impossible.

Maybe teams just got lucky those four times.