FB: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toph

Quote from: Onward on, John Carroll on September 21, 2018, 09:22:52 AM
Quote from: MUC57 on September 20, 2018, 12:22:30 PM

JCUStreaks70

Meant to ask you. Since bluestreak66 is supposedly your brother, what relationship is "onward on, John Carroll"? Another brother, maybe? Or, how about a cousin? Are all you guys from JCU related? Just curious. ☠🏈

Ha.  Yep, we are all brothers.  Toph is actually my nephew. My brother, bluestreak66, knocked up a girl from Notre Dame College after a wild night on Lee Road.  Nine months later, we welcomed Toph.

Does this make 4u grandpa?

raiderpa

I would have thought with the experience that Fulford has, he would have handled the pressure better.  He was out of sync all day due to the pressure he was getting from the JCU defensive line.  The overthrows were thrown late off back foot and the fact the the receivers are open does not make a difference if the defensive pressure causes an errant throw.  Just because receivers were open does not belittle the Blue Streaks.  The team concept is that you pick each other up, and the d-line picked up the db's who may have had trouble covering arguably the best receiving corps in DIII.  I think JCU is a top ten team, however when you look at the teams above them and their records, they will have to be patient, and move up when the opportunity presents itself.

MUC57

I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

Dr. Acula

Quote from: Toph on September 25, 2018, 10:07:15 AM

JCUStreaks70

Meant to ask you. Since bluestreak66 is supposedly your brother, what relationship is "onward on, John Carroll"? Another brother, maybe? Or, how about a cousin? Are all you guys from JCU related? Just curious. ☠🏈

Ha.  Yep, we are all brothers.  Toph is actually my nephew. My brother, bluestreak66, knocked up a girl from Notre Dame College after a wild night on Lee Road.  Nine months later, we welcomed Toph.

+k  There can't be a ton of people around here long enough to get that reference!  And that's just sad 4u.

Kira & Jaxon's Dad

Enough with the JCU-MTU Lovefest. Get a room already. ;)

National Champions - 13: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017

HScoach

Quote from: Dr. Acula on September 25, 2018, 11:15:03 AM
Quote from: Toph on September 25, 2018, 10:07:15 AM

JCUStreaks70

+k  There can't be a ton of people around here long enough to get that reference!  And that's just sad 4u.

4u was one of the all time greats.   As was Pimpinthechat, Busta99, Ric, etc.   All the good old days of Post Patterns.
I find easily offended people rather offensive!

Statistics are like bikinis; what they reveal is interesting, what they hide is essential.

MUC57

Dr. Acula

You'll have to excuse me. Don't understand your last post. Since you are so smart, enlighten me.
Thank you. I'll be sure to mention you at my next MENSA meeting. ☠🏈

Dr. Acula

Quote from: MUC57 on September 25, 2018, 03:09:24 PM

Dr. Acula

You'll have to excuse me. Don't understand your last post. Since you are so smart, enlighten me.
Thank you. I'll be sure to mention you at my next MENSA meeting. ☠🏈

Ha!  Nothing smart about this.  4u was a regular poster on here years ago and as HScoach said one of the greats.  He is a JCU guy hence the reference to him being the grandpa to our current posters since he was from back in the day.  The "that's just sad 4u" was a little nod to how he'd often end his posts with a sentence that he was able to end with his handle.

MUC57

Dr. Acula

Thanks. Didn't mean any offense to anyone, just didn't understand it. Now I'm enlightened. At my age I need all of help I can get. Go Raiders!  ☠🏈

pradierguy

Mount will announce 2022 and 2023 non-conference games tomorrow. Here's to hoping it's Ashland.

WRMUalum13

Quote from: pradierguy on September 25, 2018, 06:05:24 PM
Mount will announce 2022 and 2023 non-conference games tomorrow. Here's to hoping it's Ashland.

That would be amazing, unfortunately I doubt Mount will schedule anything outside of d3 as anything else doesn't count towards what the playoff committee can consider. So a win against a non conference d3 has the potential to help us, but a win over a d2 won't count at all.

wally_wabash

Quote from: WRMUalum13 on September 25, 2018, 07:42:23 PM

That would be amazing, unfortunately I doubt Mount will schedule anything outside of d3 as anything else doesn't count towards what the playoff committee can consider. So a win against a non conference d3 has the potential to help us, but a win over a d2 won't count at all.

This isn't quite true.  Out of division results are secondary criteria.  Regardless, if Mount Union finds themselves in an at-large situation in 2023, provided they don't fall off the cliff between now and then, will be just fine.  I know there was hand wringing in 2016 over Mount Union's criteria, but they weren't even really close to not getting in. 
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

WRMUalum13

Quote from: wally_wabash on September 25, 2018, 07:46:59 PM
Quote from: WRMUalum13 on September 25, 2018, 07:42:23 PM

This isn't quite true.  Out of division results are secondary criteria.  Regardless, if Mount Union finds themselves in an at-large situation in 2023, provided they don't fall off the cliff between now and then, will be just fine.  I know there was hand wringing in 2016 over Mount Union's criteria, but they weren't even really close to not getting in.

Thanks for the clarification, didn't realize it could still be used as "secondary" criteria.

Desertraider

It has to be something big doesn't it? I mean I have never seen them put out the mysterious blank page holder...announcement coming tomorrow. I mean would they do all of that to announce.....drum roll.....Hiram! And the crowd goes yawn. Not sure about Ashland. What is the incentive for Ashland? Heck what's the incentive for Mount? Mount wins it makes the calls louder to move-up and on the other hand Ashland then has to convince recruits they are a better option even though they got beat.

Maybe a Tommie or Johnnie opener?
RIP MUC57 - Go Everybody!
National Champions: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017
The Autumn Wind is a Raider!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzEYK_XjyLg
Immaculate Prevention: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZLq_acsVN0

HScoach

As much as I'd like to see that kind of game as a fan, it does Mount no good to play someone of similar talent level.
I find easily offended people rather offensive!

Statistics are like bikinis; what they reveal is interesting, what they hide is essential.