MIAA

Started by d3fan1, June 11, 2009, 11:42:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Matson

We'll see how they do in the D3soccer.com Top 25 this week!
Managing Editor, D3soccer.com

d3fan1

Calvin over Otterbein 3-0. Great result against a team that just tied OWU 1-1
Hopefully they can get by Wittenburg tomorrow. This tough pre-season schedule should have them ready to go in the MIAA. Keep up the good work Knights!

d3fan1

Calvin over Wittenburg 8-0!!!!! Shots were 25-0. Unbelievable result for Calvin against a very good Wittenburg program. At 5-1 with the type of schedule they have played, they deserve to be #1 in the Central region. They have given up only 2 goals in 6 games and 1 of those was a PK.

pad3fan

Taking nothing from a good Calvin team, Wittenberg is only 1-5-1. They have been a good program, but it doesn't seem they are a very good team so far this year.

sac

Hope and Calvin played an epic 2OT game at Hope last night.

http://www.miaa.org/mso/stats/09/1013hoca.htm

both are now tied for 1st in the MIAA at 5-1-1

Jim Matson

Great match, and what a rivalry!  Now if only Calvin would add football...
Managing Editor, D3soccer.com

sac

Nice aerial shot of VanAndel Stadium at Hope

oldknight

Quote from: sac on October 21, 2009, 07:12:01 PM
Nice aerial shot of VanAndel Stadium at Hope

I attended a high school district soccer final yesterday afternoon which, due to this week's rainy weather, got rescheduled for VanAndel Stadium. It's a spectacular soccer-only facility, easily the best one I've ever seen and should be the envy of any school at any level. Everything from the location, to the seating (with real seats), to the players' covered seating, the design and field turf was first class. The artificial turf looks like perfectly mowed grass of individual artificial blades with a spine stiff enough to make the turf look natural. When it started getting darker late in the game, the excellent lighting system perfectly reflected the multi-colored leaves on to the tree bark and left a fantastic, dreamlike, picture postcard look on the far side of the action. I also was favored with a peek at the locker room which is basically a miniature modern style professional one with large lockers and a big screen TV. It's worth attending a game there even if you don't care for soccer.

WLCALUM83

Quote from: sac on October 14, 2009, 01:32:58 AM
Hope and Calvin played an epic 2OT game at Hope last night.

http://www.miaa.org/mso/stats/09/1013hoca.htm

both are now tied for 1st in the MIAA at 5-1-1
Quote from: Jim Matson on October 15, 2009, 12:19:38 AM
Great match, and what a rivalry!  Now if only Calvin would add football...

If Calvin added football, anyone out there think sac would put up his "sweating" pic and corresponding caption again??  :) ;) :D :) ;) :D

sflzman

Are there any posts on this board not about Calvin?
Be not afraid of greatness - Shakespeare

Dark Knight

Quote from: sflzman on August 31, 2010, 04:12:36 PM
Are there any posts on this board not about *****?

Hmmm, interesting question. Your post doesn't qualify as the exception, I suppose, because it did mention that school. What about this post?

sflzman

But everyone who read my post knows who "that school" is. Plus, on the flip-side, is there any reason to talk about a school other than "that school"?

Dark Knight

The knights are looking very sharp already in the first game of the season. Their passing and ball control against Milwaukee School of Engineering were excellent. It'll be very hard to match last year's cinderella run, but to me they look just as good this year. the game's only goal was scored by explosive freshman Zachary Willis.

sflzman

So both Calvin teams win 1-0 on goals by Freshmen. I can actually post about my team on the Women's side, but it is not very fun to post about a 4-0 loss against a good, but not great, Baldwin-Wallace team.

Flying Dutch Fan

So what, if anything, do you make of Calvin winning a close (at least score-wise) game with MSOE 1-0, while the next day Hope beats the same team 9-1?
2016, 2020, 2022 MIAA Pick 'Em Champion

"Sports are kind of like passion and that's temporary in many cases, but academics - that's like true love and that's enduring." 
John Wooden

"Blame FDF.  That's the default.  Always blame FDF."
goodknight