FB: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBerg40

You could put Wittenberg in that #3 spot too. They have a lot of starters returning from last year's respectable team. You got to play two halves against them.

And you're right PurpleSuit. Talk is Cheap! Heidelberg has more to prove this season and that should be motivation for them.

D3MAFAN

Quote from: PurpleSuit on July 12, 2013, 12:53:28 PM
Quote from: TheBerg40 on July 11, 2013, 09:09:59 AM
Quote from: rscl70 on July 10, 2013, 09:24:47 PM
Quote from: TheBerg40 on July 10, 2013, 05:35:58 PM
What the???....Just saw Lindy's preseason top 25. They rank Heidelberg at 24 (are they serious?) and behind B-W at 20.
Makes you wonder if they've ever seen a D3 football game.

So I didn't buy it. I'm sure Pat and the boys will have a much better assessment in their preseason preview heading into the 2013 season.
Sporting News does not rank Heidelberg at all.  Also, they rank Linfield #1, Mount #2, and Whitewater #3.  No need to buy that one either.

What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is going on???!!!

Kent State had a good year last year too, but I don't see the Flashes in a pre-season top 25.  Berg had one good year in 25, let's not expect top 25 rankings .  Berg should win something before expecting anything

Good for the players, they can use it as a 'chip on their shoulders'.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: TheBerg40 on July 12, 2013, 01:05:41 PM
You could put Wittenberg in that #3 spot too. They have a lot of starters returning from last year's respectable team. You got to play two halves against them.

And you're right PurpleSuit. Talk is Cheap! Heidelberg has more to prove this season and that should be motivation for them.

Long jump for Wittenberg to the No. 3 spot.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

D3MAFAN

Quote from: Pat Coleman on July 12, 2013, 01:38:47 PM

Long jump for Wittenberg to the No. 3 spot.

More like a hop, skip, and giant leap.  JK, but honestly not top 5, maybe top 10.

wally_wabash

You could put Wittenberg in that #3 spot too.

No.  Speculating Wittenberg into the top 3 over the group of 4-6 teams that are up there and prove that they are up there year after year after year is irresponsible.  In D-III, there's a pretty clear delineation of "tiers" if you will and you don't get to be in that upper crust until you beat somebody that lives in that neighborhood at least once.  Preferably in the postseason. 

I think Wittenberg could be very, very good this year.  Maybe as good as they've been in a dozen years.  I'm also not sure that they are the best team in their league (they may be, but they certainly aren't a head-and-shoulders-above kind of favorite).  The Witt/Wabash/OWU race in the NCAC this year will be fun to watch. 
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

sigma one

Wittenberg's offense should be their best in a long time.  I'm assuming Dehnke will recover from whatever injury he sustained late last year.  The defense will have a tough time matching up with the defense of a couple of years ago.  There are some holes.  Last year they gave up points to several good teams, so they have a little work to do on that side of the ball.  Still, they have to be the team to beat in the NCAC. 

pradierguy

Sounds like Charles Dieuseul will be joining the Mount Union coaching staff this year, according to Jeffrey Zupanic at the Alliance Review.

Dr. Acula

I was messing around looking at the archives.  Borchert's career stats are just mind blowing.  No one ever expects those to be broken obviously.  Same with Kmic.  But under the radar is Adam Marino.  4704 receiving yds and 52 TD's for his career?  If you assume a stud WR starts for 3 yrs. that means averaging 1568 yds and 17 TD per season!  That's a great season, let alone doing it 3 times.

Kira & Jaxon's Dad

National Champions - 13: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017

TheBerg40

Strong showing for the OAC in the preseason Top 25 Poll.

wildcat11

Quote from: Raider 68 on July 11, 2013, 09:25:46 AM
Agree. I still wonder why Linfield cannot schedule a 10th game. In terms of ratings, it has not
hurt them in previous years, but the extra game would give them one more week of preparation! :-\

I feel you but one of the biggest issues is that it's extremely tough for Linfield to find non-conference D3 games.  Linfield has to find 3 non-conference games a season.

2013 will be the 1st time in program history that Linfield is playing an exclusive D3 schedule.  For years non-conference has had to be fleshed out with NAIA and D2 schools and Linfield maybe forced to find games with NAIA's next season as well.  I'd love to see a 10 game regular season schedule but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

raiderpa

Kmic's numbers are indeed great, but don't forget Chuck Moore's playoff yards are not in his final totals, while Kmic gets to count em. Grossly unfair, IMO, and so stats are skewed even though Kmic is so far out there in front..

TheBerg40

I like Heidelberg at 14, could turn into a possible top 10 Clash of the OAC Titans on Nov. 2nd! A big showdown In Tiffin... where no one will be sittin'... and could this be the year... the scoreboard shows Heidelberg winnin'?

YaHoooo! Go Berg!

Dr. Acula

Just checked out the preseason poll.  With SJF ranked and Ott sitting just outside the top 25 I may need to substitute that opener for my normal Cap game.  Not sure what the Cards have coming back, but I'm guessing that'll be a better game than Cap/TMC.  The only thing drawing me to Bexley is wanting to see if Cap is going to run some variation of the option now with that former Middie QB as HC.

Ric

Quote from: raiderpa on July 18, 2013, 07:16:48 PM
Kmic's numbers are indeed great, but don't forget Chuck Moore's playoff yards are not in his final totals, while Kmic gets to count em. Grossly unfair, IMO, and so stats are skewed even though Kmic is so far out there in front..

Be sure to check out a program in week one this year. Mount Union's season stats will be reflecting regular and post season, going back to the first playoff game in 1986. Lots of work by the SID Dept. to get this done! Chuck Moore will be pleased.