FC Grizzlies 1-4: New Jersey City
Magicman 3-2: WPI, Oshkosh, Wartburg
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

magicman

Mr. Sager making a belated charge as he goes 5-0 on yesterday's difficult schedule. 

Gregory Sager

That's me: Mister Too Little Too Late.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

ronk

Quote from: magicman on February 11, 2016, 12:39:45 PM
Mr. Sager making a belated charge as he goes 5-0 on yesterday's difficult schedule.

Sounds like a urine test is in order or possibly an insider information investigation ;D

Mr. Ypsi

Yeah, I've started my run too, but I think I'll run out of season before I can catch 7express! :P

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Hey, not to throw our league into drama once again, but Green Mountain is now inelligible NAC post-season play, due to inelligible players used last semester.  However, the league also announced that games against Green Mountain will no longer count for conference standings.

That means Husson may have no incentive to play or play well this weekend.  I picked against GMC because I knew their coach had been fired.  Now I'm not exactly sure if this game is on solid enough footing for us to count.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

magicman

Quote from: Hoops Fan on February 11, 2016, 10:30:08 PM

Hey, not to throw our league into drama once again, but Green Mountain is now inelligible NAC post-season play, due to inelligible players used last semester.  However, the league also announced that games against Green Mountain will no longer count for conference standings.

That means Husson may have no incentive to play or play well this weekend.  I picked against GMC because I knew their coach had been fired.  Now I'm not exactly sure if this game is on solid enough footing for us to count.

I think Husson will have all the incentive that any good basketball team has and that's to win every game they play.

Here's a quote from their coach that was in yesterday's Around the Northeast column:

"This team is very low key and approaches things with a very businesslike mentality," said Caruso. "They love the game and care about each other. This group is driven to do something special and we have used the saying 'do more' (to help motivate the squad) to get better every day, (both) individually and as a team."

With a 'do more' mentality, Husson is in position to extend its season beyond February into March, but Caruso did stress these final games are crucial for the Eagles' success beyond the final regular season buzzer.

"We remind the guys to 'play in the moment' and that every game is an opportunity to get better and prepare for the stretch run," said Caruso. "As a program, we are used to being near the top of the standings and have expectations to compete for a championship."

The league did say that for tie breaking purposes for seeding, games against Green Mountain would count to determine an order of finish. Here's the quote from the NAC release:

"The NAC Athletic Director Council determined that for purposes of seeding the men's basketball tournament, contest results against Green Mountain will not be utilized in calculating winning percentages. For tie breaking procedures, the standard process will remain in effect which will include results against Green Mountain."

If you think they haven't got much to play for, then pick Green Mountain. ;D It's just one more variable to consider when making your pick.

FCGrizzliesGrad

Quote from: FCGrizzliesGrad on February 10, 2016, 07:04:25 AM
Wednesday Feb. 10th
WPI  at MIT  7:00 PM    This is the make up game from Week #8
Stockton  at  New Jersey City  8:00 PM
UW-Eau Claire  at  UW-Oshkosh  8:00 PM
Loras  at  Wartburg  9:00 PM
Claremont-Mudd-Scripps  at  La Verne   10:30 PM
Friday Feb. 12th
Brockport State  at Oneonta State 7:30 PM
Husson  at  Green Mountain  7:30 PM
Football picker extraordinaire
5 titles: CCIW, NJAC
4x: ODAC:S
3x: ASC, IIAC, MIAA:S, NACC:S, NCAC, OAC:P, Nat'l
2x: HCAC, MIAC, ODAC:P, WIAC
1x: Bracket, OAC:S

Basketball
2013 WIAC Pickem Co-champ
2015 Nat'l Pickem
2017: LEC and MIAA Pickem
2019: MIAA and WIAC Pickem

Soccer
2023: Mens Pickem

magicman

Quote from: magicman on February 10, 2016, 06:24:08 PM
Wednesday Feb. 10th
WPI  at MIT  7:00 PM    This is the make up game from Week #8
Stockton  at  New Jersey City  8:00 PM
UW-Eau Claire  at  UW-Oshkosh  8:00 PM
Loras  at Wartburg  9:00 PM
Claremont-Mudd-Scripps  at  La Verne   10:30 PM

Friday Feb. 12th

Brockport State  at  Oneonta State  7:30 PM
Husson  at  Green Mountain  7:30 PM

Saturday Feb.13

Randolph-Macon  at  Guilford  2:00 PM
Augsburg  at  Carleton  2:00 PM
Lyndon State  at  Johnson State  3:00 PM
John Carroll  at  Marietta  3:00 PM

Mr. Ypsi

At the half, Brockport 35, Oneonta 22.

I assume Husson/Green Mountain has probably reached halftime as well, but they only have video (which I'm not interested enough to view) and scoreboard hasn't updated them since 11 minutes to go.

Mr. Ypsi

Scoreboard has finally updated the other game - just past halftime, Husson 59, Green Mountain 49.

If neither game turns around, I'm looking at a 1-6 start to the week! ::)

Mr. Ypsi

Final:  Brockport 65, Oneonta 56.

FCGrizzliesGrad

Brockport wins 65-56
Green Mountain up 3 with 5.4 left and Husson shooting FTs
Edit: Both teams hitting their FT as both are 4 for 4 in the final 5.4 seconds and Green Mountain wins 98-95
Football picker extraordinaire
5 titles: CCIW, NJAC
4x: ODAC:S
3x: ASC, IIAC, MIAA:S, NACC:S, NCAC, OAC:P, Nat'l
2x: HCAC, MIAC, ODAC:P, WIAC
1x: Bracket, OAC:S

Basketball
2013 WIAC Pickem Co-champ
2015 Nat'l Pickem
2017: LEC and MIAA Pickem
2019: MIAA and WIAC Pickem

Soccer
2023: Mens Pickem

Mr. Ypsi

Well Mr. Sager won't be the first ever 11-0 picker - he had Green Mountain but also had Oneonta.  I'd still take his 6-1 start over my 2-5 start! ::)

Mr. Ypsi

If I was picking fresh, I would probably pick JCU over Marietta (now that the pressure of being undefeated is off), but I've decided not to change my original Marietta pick.  I seem to be FAR more likely to switch from right to wrong than the other way round.