MBB: State University of New York Athletic Conference

Started by bamm, March 12, 2005, 09:24:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bengalsrule

Fwiw.  I just got from a real RELIABLE source that the Buuf State Fredonia game is gonna start real late!  Bus is in some real bad weather on the 90!

Edited to add: from a reliable source ....refs are running late. Game to start at 8:30. I trust this source!

jdex

Plattsburgh 99, Cortland 78, final. And it was not that close!! Cardinals could have named their number. J. Patron 21 pts(9x13fg) in 26 minutes, E. Correa 19 pts, X. Thomas 16 pts, K. Richardson 14 pts in 21', E. Bryant 10 pts. Cardinals get little resistence, especially inside. Men against boys. Pburgh 58 percent fg on 37x63 pops (7x24 3s). Outboard the visitors 46-29TJ Hefele 21 pts for Corts

Plattsburgh 49, Cortland 38, half. Cards having their way in most areas. No surprise. Get off quickly. Double digit lead till late in the period. TJ Hefele (14 pts, 4x5 3s) keeps RDragons somewhat in contention. Within seven. E. Bryant sinks a triple at 0:03 for the Burghers who shoot 57 percent from the field

Geneseo 77, New Paltz 63

Brockport 65, Oneonta 56

Oswego 45, Potsdam 40 two minutes into the second half

Buffalo St. 28, Fredonia 24 with just over 8 minutes to play in the opening half

magicman

Quote from: Bengalsrule on February 12, 2016, 06:37:25 PM
Quote from: with age came? on February 12, 2016, 06:34:07 PM
Man if I read any more articles about Magicman's Cards I might become a "fanatical fan"...like someone we all know and love!! Go Cards!!  :D

Now who could you possibly be talking about???????? ::)

At the Plattsburgh State-Cortland State women's game and about halfway thru the 3rd quarter my ears start burning. Now I know why!  ::)

magicman

I believe that Fredonia State just beat Buffalo State but I dont know the final score as the live stats quit working with 7:51 to go and the video feed quit working with around 12 seconds left.

Buff State scored on a 3 pointer from Kevin Marmolejos to narrow the Blue Devil lead to 2 points. Then they  went into their full court press on the Fredonia inbounds. The Blue Devils failed to get the ball over half court in time and were whistled for a 10 second violation. The Bengals inbounded the ball to Marmolejos, I believe, who turned and drove to the hoop and appeared to have a step on his defender, when another Blue Devil player ran up and stopped just short of Marmolejos and the 2 collided. The call was a charge and that's when the video went kaput. 

jdex

Fredonia 91, Buffalo St. 88

Oswego 80, Potsdam 69

magicman

Finally a box score on the Buffalo State-Fredonia State game and the final score was Blue Devils 91 Bengals 88.

They did call a charge on Kevin Marmolejos with 18 seconds left and the score was 87-85. The Bengals had to foul and Brandon Hodge made both free throws to make it a 2 possession game. The Bengals then turned it over but Fredonia returned the favor and Marmolejos drained another 3 pointer to make it 89-88 with 6 ticks left. Bengals foul Ian Helps who made both free throws to make the final 91-88. 

pg04

I wonder what happened to my fellow Golden Eagle fan scooter man! A great stretch for Brockport. Keep it rolling tomorrow....

magicman

Plattsburgh State has moved up to #16 in the Massey Ratings. I believe that's the highest a SUNYAC school has been this season. Plattsburgh is now the top rated East Region team as they overtook Lancaster Bible last night.

Other East Region schools:

#17   Lancaster Bible
#28   NYU
#29   Rochester
#54   Brockport State
#61   St. John Fisher
#67   Oswego State
#73   Geneseo State
#76   Hartwick
#85   Oneonta State
#106 Nazareth
#107 Cortland State
#131 Buffalo State
#133 Skidmore
#139 St. Lawrence

jdex

Plattsburgh    13-1   18-3
Geneseo          9-5   15-6
Brockport         9-5   14-7
Cortland          9-6    15-7
Oswego           9-6    16-6
Oneonta          8-7    13-9
Buffalo St.       7-9    13-10
Fredonia          6-10    7-15
New Paltz        3-12    4-17
Potsdam          1-13    1-20

What's left for playoff contenders....

Plattsburgh: Oswego, Potsdam, @Bport, @ Geneseo
Geneseo: @Oneonta, @Oswego, Potsdam, Pburgh
Brockport: @NP, @Cortland, Pburgh, Potsdam
Cortland: @Potsdam, Bport, Oswego
Oswego: @Pburgh, Geneseo, @Cortland
Oneonta: Geneseo, @Fredonia, @Buff St
Buffalo St.: NP, Oneonta
Fredonia: Canton (NC), Oneonta, NP

Playoff scenario -- as far as six team makeup, will likely be reached before next weekend. Which means doom and gloom for still breathing Buff St. and Fredonia. Both won't see conference play again till next weekend's closing regular season schedule

As far as the playoff slotting ......Plattsburgh will be No. 1. We'll go out on that sturdy limb!

All-Time

4 Games on tap today in the SUNYAC

Brockport coming off an inspired win last night at Oneonta, beats up on New Paltz

Cortland over Potsdam in a close one.

Plattsburgh in a tough one squeaks out a win against Oswego

It's Senior Day at Oneonta today against Geneseo. Can't quite explain what has happened to the Red Dragons of late.
They don't seem to have that hop in their step that they had earlier in the season. I'm hoping they get it back today.
A lot of Seniors playing their last regular season game at home, Oneonta wins a close one.

Enjoy the games

magicman

Saturday February 13th   4 games on the schedule for today

Brockport   State  at  New Paltz State        4:00 PM

The Golden Eagles did what they had to last night to maintain their share of 2nd place. By beating Oneonta on the road they prevented a fall all the way down to 6th place. Instead it's the Red Dragons who find themselves in the final playoff position. Brockport got some help from Plattsburgh who knocked off Cortland and sent those Red Dragons into a 4th place tie with Oswego. If Brockport can win today and Oneonta defeats Geneseo then Brockport will be in the drivers seat for the 2nd seed in the YAC.

The last time Brockport met the Hawks it was an easy 89-55 win and today the point spread favors the Golden Eagles by 16 points. The Hawks will be hard pressed to keep it that close. Brockport wins this one by a 86-62 final score.

Geneseo State  at  Oneonta State        4:00 PM

Oneonta is reeling and with the Knights coming to town it may be hard to get healthy. The Red Dragons could be in a scenario where they need to win their final game of the season at Buffalo State in order to make the playoffs. A win today and next Friday at Fredonia would make that final game in Buffalo meaningless.

Geneseo still has hopes for the 2nd seed but must keep pace with Brockport, who looks to have an easier time of it down the stretch than the Knights do. This game has huge implications for both teams and the oddsmakers have made the home team Red Dragons a slight 3 point favorite. Oneonta won the first encounter but they were playing their best basketball of the season at that time. Since then they have struggled mightily and I don't think today will be any different. I'm going with the visitors here to win a close one. Geneseo 79 Oneonta 76.

Cortland State  at  Potsdam   State     4:00 PM

The Bears are on their way to a 1-17 conference record. I don't see a win in their future. Cortland got spanked yesterday by the Cardinals and will be looking to do the same to Potsdam. The point spread favors Cortland by an 18 point margin. Not sure if the Bears can beat the spread or not. They hung with Oswego yesterday and had the lead at the half, but a 12-2 run by the Lakers to open the 2nd half was enough to end their hopes of an upset.

Cortland needs a win to stay with Oswego and hope they can fight their way back into contention for the 2nd seed. They get it today rather easily as they defeat the Bears by an 85-68 final score.

Oswego State  at  Plattsburgh State        4:00 PM   Featured Game of the Day

The Cardinals still have a bitter taste in their mouth over the defeat that the Lakers gave them last February in the championship game of the SUNYAC tournament. After beating Oswego twice during the regular season they fell behind the Lakers early in the championship game by a double digit margin and couldn't recover. It cost Plattsburgh a 3rd straight trip to the NCAA tournament. So the revenge factor is still huge even though the Cardinals beat Oswego earlier this season in their first meeting. Plattsburgh hasn't sewn up the top seed in the YAC just yet, but a win today will take care of that and the players all know what's on the line in today's game.

The Lakers have a new weapon since the last itime these teams met. He's not really new but he's certainly seeing a lot more action than the 5 minutes of court time he got in their last meeting. I'm referring to 6'10" Mykelle Krecko, who has went from a bench player barely playing in some games, to a starter averaging around 18-20 minutes per game. He has started the last 7 games for the Lakers and played at least 19 minutes in 2 other games. The Lakers record in those 9 games is 8-1 with only a last second loss to Geneseo (a game in which he started but only played 12 minutes). Krecko, despite not playing in 6 of Oswego's games and getting 5 minutes or less in 5 other games leads the SUNYAC in blocked shots. That's rather amazing. Today Krecko will have a homecoming of sorts as he played for Clinton Community College for 2 years which is located here in Plattsburgh. I'm hoping he doesn't have one of those monster games he used to have while playing here in the 'Burgh.

The oddsmakers have made the Cardinals a 6 point favorite in this one. I think the Cardinals will be in for a battle but it's Senior Day so I don't think our 3 seniors, Kyle Richardson, Ed Correa and Xavier Thomas will want to walk off Memorial Hall with  anything but a W.   I see the Cardinals winning by an 86-77 final score.     

pg04

If it wasn't for Potsdam I might wish for a 4 game losing streak for the Cards. Also, I can't in good conscience root against Magicman except against Brockport.

jdex

Cortland 87, Potsdam 71, final. RDragons hit 51 percent of fg tries. B. Estarfaa 17 pts(7x13fg) in victory. TJ Hefele 14 pts(5x10fg, 3x7 3s), 4 assts; JP Reagan 14 pts(6x10fg), C. Joseph 11 pts, M. Kelly 11 pts. J. Estramonte 24 pts)9x18fg, 5x11 3s) for the Bears. N. Onabor 15 pts, M. Lamerson 14 pts, S. Kane 13 pts. RDragons 45-32  at the half and extend to 24 with four minutes left. Count a mere 6 turnovers

Oswego 90, Plattsburgh 74, final. Might wish to take note of two posts down. Seems to have taken a toll. AND THEN THERE WAS B. Sortino with 38 pts(13x25fg, 8x12 3s) to lead Laker barrage. Has 28 pts in the second half. Adds 7 assts in 40' of play. Oswego 18x32 in 3s!!! Overall 33x65fg for the visitors. Pburgh 26x64fg. K. Richardson 24 pts(8x15fg), 8 rebs

Geneseo 79, Oneonta 74, final. J. Ringen FTs at 0:07. Finishes with 26 pts(9x15fg, 4x7 3s) in 40 minutes. K. Crockett 13 pts, J. Decker 12 pts in 29', C. Keenan 10 pts. Gens 25x49fg to OSt 39 percent and 9x32 3s). RDragon M. McElroy 19 pts, 10 rebs; L. Coleman 19 pts

Brockport 84, New Paltz 70, final. Ports fires at 55 percent fg clip (34x61) led by C. Lyerly 24 pts, 13 rebs. D. Gavin with 15 pts, M. Smith 10 pts. NP 11x25 from the arc. D. Balducci 14 pts for the Hawks

pg04

Someone tell the top 3 to wake up

Edit: someone did

Edit 2: Partially...

spwood

Terrible, selfish play by Cardinal player Jonathan Patron to get tossed from the game.  He threw the ball at the official after a foul call and deserved the ejection.  Oswego has gone on a 14-4 run since to make a one point game an 11 point game with 9:03 to go.

edit:  Now it's a 25-9 run...