MBB: Old Dominion Athletic Conference

Started by steelyglen, February 15, 2005, 09:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hasanova

Quote from: tigerfanalso on February 26, 2015, 02:00:35 PM
Hasa

I trust you know I'm joking. I've totally checked out this b'ball season, not seen one game, so I have no idea what I'm talking about. I went into shock the way football ended and have yet to recover.
I know ... all in good fun.  HSC beat the Quakers a couple of weeks ago, so it was "iffy" tonight.  ODAC Player of the Year Matt McCarthy scored 23 on 6 of 8 three-pointers and 5 FTs as the Quakers top the Tigers tonight, 66-59.  Our "reward" is drawing the Marlins in the semis. 

tigerfanalso

Hasa

Congrats on the win. Good luck vs. VWC. Sounds like they may be getting hot at the right time. Does RMC play EMC ? If so, that could be interesting.

algernon

Well, RMC and VWC are both certain Pool C bids, so they've won enough games already to know they're going to the NCAA Tournament.  Guilford and EMU will not advance to the NCAAs without winning the ODAC.

hasanova

Quote from: tigerfanalso on February 27, 2015, 07:13:13 AM
Hasa

Congrats on the win. Good luck vs. VWC. Sounds like they may be getting hot at the right time. Does RMC play EMC ? If so, that could be interesting.
Thanks.  I am pleased to advance ... we've faltered in the quarterfinals the last few years.

hasanova

Quote from: algernon on February 27, 2015, 09:00:56 AM
Well, RMC and VWC are both certain Pool C bids, so they've won enough games already to know they're going to the NCAA Tournament.  Guilford and EMU will not advance to the NCAAs without winning the ODAC.
I agree ... this is the way it shapes up.

CMR

All of the higher seeds have advanced so far - 8 for 8.  Let's just hope it continues!  While I'd like to see 3 ODAC teams in the dance, but not at the expense of winning the ODAC.

Kenleen

Quote from: hasanova on February 27, 2015, 10:26:20 AM
Quote from: algernon on February 27, 2015, 09:00:56 AM
I agree ... this is the way it shapes up.
If karma has anything to do with it, EMU would finally beat RMC after being beaten three times by them in 2011.  Those losses kept our returning seniors who had made it to the elite 8 in 2010 from being selected as the third team from the ODAC.  This was despite being ranked in the top 20 nationally!  I hate the regional rankings that are used to select Div III teams.  No one would use that approach in Div I basketball or else only 2-3 teams would qualify from the power conferences like the ACC and Big East. If both EMU and Guilford upset the higher seed in the semis, the ODAC would be guaranteed three in the NCAA and should, but won't, get four.
Kenleen

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: CMR on February 27, 2015, 01:09:42 PM
All of the higher seeds have advanced so far - 8 for 8.  Let's just hope it continues!  While I'd like to see 3 ODAC teams in the dance, but not at the expense of winning the ODAC.

The only way the ODAC gets three teams in this year is if someone other than RMC or VWC wins the conference title.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

donho

CMR

if the ODAC office doesn't review the tape of this game, it will be a travesty.

DeWayneCarter

VWC fan or not, going undefeated in the ODAC regular season AND tournament is something special. RMC is a great team and I will be disappointed if they don't make a deep tourney run. Congrats Yellow Jackets.

VWC, keep your heads up! Lets use this as fuel to make our own tourney run!

donho

Agree DeWayneCarter, it was a typical marlins vs. jackets battle. Good luck to both teams in the NCAA'S. 

CMR??? Review what?? Thats how vwc and rmc play each other, always a dog fight!!  Two great coaches ,two great teams doing battle.

rmc1982

Quote from: DeWayneCarter on March 01, 2015, 03:04:49 PM
VWC fan or not, going undefeated in the ODAC regular season AND tournament is something special. RMC is a great team and I will be disappointed if they don't make a deep tourney run. Congrats Yellow Jackets.

VWC, keep your heads up! Lets use this as fuel to make our own tourney run!
Good Luck to your guys DeWayne!! Great game..... Thought you had us this time .....
Senior guard leadership pulled us through...... You guys should still host!!
"We're completely surrounded-Excellent!...Now we can attack in any direction!'....Chesty Puller, USMC

CMR

Hey, ODAC, you pick three guys off the losing team for All-tourney?  One of those VWC players goes 2-13 (that's 2-13) in championship game and loses?  He goes 10-35 for the tourney and averaged less than 11 ppg.  Are you kidding me?  How about pick a player (Hamilton) off the winning team that actually scored more? 

CMR

Quote from: donho on March 01, 2015, 03:54:32 PM
Agree DeWayneCarter, it was a typical marlins vs. jackets battle. Good luck to both teams in the NCAA'S. 

CMR??? Review what?? Thats how vwc and rmc play each other, always a dog fight!!  Two great coaches ,two great teams doing battle.

I've got no issue with playing hard, but VWC #2 was holding Badger all day, even tackled him on two occasions.  The refs were inconsistent and fortunately, the Jackets were able to outplay the Marlins and the refs.