FB: Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:07:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph Turner

Yeah, he does leave some wiggle-room there, doesn't he!

Ohhh, the pre-season. :-\ :)

tTU719803

Quote from: historymajor on August 24, 2006, 03:13:11 PM
Trinity (Texas): We've seen signs of a possible Tigers stumble since their 2002 Stagg Bowl run. ...

The only "stumble" was the graduation of Urban, Hunt, Respondek, and Hampton.  Trinity used to be able to get athletes like that, but not any more it seems.  Academic standards have gone up, and while there are still some great athletes on this years team, they are a far cry from that '02 team.  I don't think Trinity will get back to that point, unless the admissions departments starts to help them out - which seems highly unlikely.

moondog

doubters....... Every year there seems to be people who say that we can't "do it". And every year we do. (I can say we because I played at Trinity). Granted admissions have gotten tougher,but  Tigers get it done. I went to some games last year, and we have some players holding down the "old school" traditions. Play hard, balls out, "No Mercy No Limit". This year will be TUF,I think this years key  will be  leadership from both seniors and a coaching staff.  Black Flag carries the load this year.  Lots of shutouts,  black flag gets it done this year from guys like Allan.(Kid is an animal... Saw him a couple of times, most impressive in a loss against MHB) TUF gets it done AND goes deep into the playoffs.... 13 years = TRADITION. F*ck all, watch 'em fall.

etg

(El Tea Gray---re: Comments on "Moondog")

Moondog,

Right-on! Watch the "Black Flag", and on offense watch the new RB Greg Bielski (JR transfer from Iona, a D-I AA Mid-Major in New York State--played his high school football in Corpus Christi). Both are "for real"!

;)

Pat Coleman

I-AA mid-major means I-AA non-scholarship, means basically a D-III football player at a school that has D-I basketball.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Tigerpop

Did anyone see yesterday's scrimmage between TU & Harden Simmons?  If so, how did the Tigers look?

dballa

Actually TU scrimmaged HPU on Saturday.  TU's offense looked pretty good.  HPU's defense has some holes to fill from last years team.

TU's defense really didn't impress me all that much.  Or it could have been HPU's offense just played really well.

TU's kicking game needs a lot of work.  I don't think the starting kicker made very many during the scheduled practice, nor did he make an easy one during the 15 min live game situation.

I think one thing effecting both teams was the heat.  It had to be well over 100 on the field and after an hour and a half of drills in that heat, it seemed like a lot of them were drained when they got to the 15 min period.

Tigerpop

Thanks dballa for the update.  I have a son on the team and we live out of state, so we don't get to many games and getting info from him is like getting blood out of a rock.

Ron Boerger

Trinity season preview and at a glance from the San Antonio Express-News.

Interesting SCAC prediction from the crack E-N staff:
1. Trinity
2. DePauw
3. Centre
4. Austin College
5. Sewanee
6. Rose-Hulman  <--- Ooopsie !!!
7. Millsaps
8. Rhodes

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Ron Boerger (BfB) on August 27, 2006, 09:08:44 PM

1. Trinity
2. DePauw
3. Centre
4. Austin College
5. Sewanee
7. Millsaps
8. Rhodes

At least the carrier-pigeon from Sherman arrived. :D

roocru

I am going to the AC vs. TLU game this coming Saturday.  Anyone else making the trip?
Anything that you ardently desire, vividly imagine, totally believe and enthusiastically pursue will inevitably come to pass !!!

Ron Boerger

I'd probably have gone if the game was in Sherman. 

willystyle

Quote from: Ron Boerger (BfB) on August 27, 2006, 09:08:44 PM

1. Trinity
2. DePauw
3. Centre
4. Austin College
5. Sewanee
7. Millsaps
8. Rhodes

Yeah, saw that today (enjoying the last few days of vacation in SA) and also couldn't help but wonder if they were unable to find a better picture to use above the article... I mean, every QB loves his linemen, but geez.  Also noticed the absence of Tyler Flynn from the "Best Players" list.  All in all, not the E-N's finest effort.

Tigerpop

Ron, What do you see as the strengths of this year's Trinity offense?