FB: Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

disgracetofball

Its about time the CCIW said something and yes soulsenda is the best receiver in the conference.

Da One

soulsenda,
I played for Coop and Vinny Mac at AU.  Is Vinny Mac still dropping F-bombs all over the place and saying "You can't do that?"  Both are great coaches.  I have no doubt with the facilities and a little institutional support BU will be a winning program very soon.  Being an AU grad, saying that makes me sick to my stomach.  Hopefully with the right personnel BU will get away from the wing-t stuff(Vinny does know his stuff) and give you an opportunity to show cases your skills.  Stay the course and leave BU a better program than it was when you got there.

maddog8

Gomer, first thanks for the congrats to Ryan He will gladly except it for his team, Second I am just giving you s---t man, Thats what I dig about you man is your honesty. My point was AFTER we win the IBFC there first playoff game please don't start supporting our ban-wagon. I am superstisious and don't want to be jinks. Keep posting I enjoy your comments and attitude towards this conference and NO I did not read the article.

uamusme

Ok, I'm not at all surprised for the lack of respect for our conference.

Do I think that Lakeland will win this weekend? I don't know. Do I think they have a decent chance of winning? Yes, if they can play 60 minutes of mistake free football. Mistake free means no stupid penalties, no turnovers, no blocked punts or missed PATs... etc.

Is this possible? Yes... Is this probable? Maybe not... we'll find out at about 3pm on Saturday.

Hey I think it would be great if all people going to the game from IBFC schools should wear their team colors in support of the conference... I think that show of solidarity would be great... I know I'll be doing it.

footballfan05

Da One,

Vinny Mac still def. drops "You cant do that?" All the time, i played defense but just listening to him from the other side of the ball was hilariious and he is an excellent coach, as far as cooper i may have not always agreed with him but he has this program going in the right direction and it will be interesting to see the types of recruits he brings in.

baseman201

ok, so through all this playoff talk, I never thought to look at who Lakeland would play if they did actually win (which is unlikely to begin with).

Anyone heard of Mt. Union?

Wow, Mt. Union could have the easiest ride of anyone through the regions

vikes35

If Lakeland beats Augie this weekend than Mt. Union's road becomes easier, but not by much. If Augie wins as they should, and although Wabash fans won't want to hear this, the Mt. Union/Augie game could become the regional championship. I would not say however that Mt's road is easy. If they win Saturday and then beat the winner of Augie/Lakeland they still have to face either Capital, North Central ( a very powerful 9-1 team) or Wabash in all possiblities. The North region is not the West, but it is still filled with a lot of talented teams. Plus ask anyone from the OAC board this Mt. Union team is very beatable, as ONU proved this year.

Soulsenda

HAHA   ...Coach Vinny McMahon is quite possibly the funniest man I have ever played for.  First oif all the man started the yr by calling every play we watched on film an "abortion".  He said I as well as another man on the team were midgets.  We have some classic Vince McMahon stories after only one yr.  He called one kid on our team a P u SS y for running slow.  He drops F bombs like theyre going out of style.  I love the man.  Most of all I love that he drives a a Silver Mitsubishi Eclipse.  Cmon.  The man is 80 yrs old driving a 22 yr old hott girl car.  I think he should be in the college football hall of fame.  Not to mention he has his own friggin book.  Against North Central he told me after the game I played really good and that my 200 yds receiving and two TD's was a class A  performance.  Then in film on Sunday he proceeded to tear into me telling me I was the worst receiver he had ever seen.  I couldnt stop laughing.  The man is amazing and he has already stated that if next yr I can get 15 scores he will run up and down the fied naked.  Now I dont know if Ill get that but Im sure all of u would love to see that...I know I would.  

*T.O.  leaves Eagles and joins the Lakeland Muskies for a one game contract.

uamusme

Quote from: Soulsenda on November 17, 2005, 07:21:17 PM

*T.O.  leaves Eagles and joins the Lakeland Muskies for a one game contract.

No we'd bench him in a heartbeat... Zebrowski has done it in the past... horrible attitude... no play. His philosophy is what is best for the team... it's better for the team to not have a cancer like that playing for you, or even around on your bench.

gc_fan

GREENVILLE, Ill. – The Greenville College football program has released honors awarded this fall. The honorees include:

Illini-Badger Football Conference
1st Team
J.R. Harriel – Linebacker
Terrance Poe – Offensive Line
Russell Reece – Defensive Line

2nd Team
Barton Davis - Linebacker
Jon DeJulio – Wide Receiver
Derek Robinson – Offensive Line
Kyle Sanniec – Kicker
Mark Schopp – Defensive Back

Honorable Mention
Alex Jones – Defensive Back
Anthony Lash – Running Back
Lee Thompson – Quarterback

maddog8

Maddog has run into a problem for Sat. I was just notified that I have to work here at Ford Motor Company due to a fellow workers father passing away. I'm hurting for him but frustrated to have to mis this hugh game for the MUSKIES. Is there anyone who know how I can follow the game via internet, or possible giving me ther cell # on my e-mail to keep in touch or vis versa please help the helpless DOG out here. Here I already rented a car but unfortunately for my co-worker his situation is worse. Please let me know what the options are here thanks people

gc_fan

Maddog - this may help, the game is not listed but I don't see why it would not be broadcasted on here either given the fact that Augustana's other games were on here... http://waug.augustana.edu/sports.php

gc_fan

Re: the Greenville All-Conference selections that I posted, I know I am a biased fan being a Greenville alum and having worked for the team a few years back, but I am suprised that Reggie Anthony got no recognition for Punter.  Does this surprise anybody else?

PUNTING          No.  Yds   Avg Long  TB  FC I20 Blkd
-----------------------------------------------------
Anthony, Reggie   50 2059  41.2   67   4   5  15    0

maddog8

gc-fan. thanks for the info hopefully it works as for Reggie Anthony I personally am shocked with no honors, Clearly the best punter in the conference but like the real work world sometimes coaches give alittle to get a little for other athletes. Bottom line POLITICS. Reggie is the best this conference has to offer in that position.

d3ftball1

gv fan

I was REALLY surprised about Reggie. He was ibc player of the week for 3 weeks. He is first in conference in punting and 9th in the nation in punting. He was also 23rd in the nation for forced fumbles. He really deserved a all conference spot. I know maddog said politics but I just dont see how even with politics he wouldnt get recognized.