FB: Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nebraskavolleyball

Sorry but i know some of the players from lakeland and mac(sorry i will not say any names) and they each said that it was a very intense game and they all let themselves lose their cool and act like idiots.  I would also like to say that the quarterback from lakeland really didnt deserve the player of the year, i believe that the greenville team should have gotten it for doing such a great job this year.

baseman201

Dude, Maddog,

Brett Elliot started at Utah until he got hurt and transferred into Linfield.  If you honestly think your son can start at Utah, than more power to you.  I saw your son play first hand, actually playing against him, and seeing him play at Augustana.  And by no means would he beat out Elliot at Linfield.

Maybe you are giving your son to much credit, as possibly some would agree with me (or not  :))

If Ryan is good enough to make it into the Arena league, then I will believe him to be that best QB in D-III, since you said "over Elliot he would definately compete", who just won a little thing called the Gagliardi Trophy.

And another thing, you said:
"He is also going to the combine but were shotting for CFL or ARENA."

We're????  Don't tell me your one of THOSE dads, the ones obsessed with how and what their son does.  Who runs out onto the field to drop kick the ref after a bad call during their sons little league game...................would be fun to see that though!!!!!

And, I will spell it right from now on, MAIURI.........for some reason Mauiri looked like the right way, either way, apoligies for messing that up,  ;D

Gomer Pyle

Two really good football teams playing for a National Championship......... and Mount Union gets the "W".  Congradulations to Mount Union.

maddog8

Baseman, actually I am going for my agents lic. and feel that Ryan has a better shot at the CFL or ARENA before trying for the NFL. His size is against him for a QB, but with alittle more experience in the ARENA or CFL he could maybe make a move. Either way he keeps playing. As for one of those DAD's well I am proud of his accomplishments buts I just LOVE FOOTBALL. As for competing against Elliot no doubt. I did not say he would start over him. As for Greenville stoping Ryan well he had a broken leg for the final 3 Quarters and still beat u guys. Seasons over move on.

Big_Uns

I see that Lakeland got three votes in the top 25 in the final week. I'm sure we'll hear more bitching about how Lakeland isn't qualified to be there either.

But if they're not, why were they 7-0 in conference again? If you're going to call them lucky, surely they would've been UNlucky at some point in conference. Nobody's lucky for an entire season.

As the conference representative in the playoffs, they're as qualified as any of the other teams in the top 25, so hopefully this stops any bitching from CUW about getting screwed over.

baseman201

I am not from CUW, but I will still bitch about it.

I also noticed the 3 votes by Lakeland

So what does 7-0 mean in the worst conference in D-III?  Absolutely nothing, 6 of the 7 teams they beat were 500 or below, with Greenville a 4-6 team only losing to them by 7, wow, that's pretty amazing.

Although Greenville was very much improved for the 2005 season.

Ok sure, I will give Lakeland some credit, their schedule was tough with Carthage (who werent as good this year) and Whitewater, then Augustana in the playoffs, but those teams proved exactly why Lakeland or anyone else in the IBFC doesn't belong anywhere near the top 25 in D-III football.

And to all the CUW people, the outcome would have been the same if CUW instead of Lakeland represented the IBFC and took the trip to Augustana.  Folks, no more talk of IBFC teams being in the top 25, we have a long way to go before we can contend for a playoff win.

Although if we do get a player in the Arena league, that would be very good for our conference to have someone advance to the next level.

bufan

I think ryan actually has a very legit shot at the CFL or some level of arena.  As you are probably aware, and some people may not be, that there are I believe 4 levels of arena football, then the European Leage then maybe the NFL.  So basically the odds are something like 10,000 to 1.  He actually may be a very good QB at the arena leage level, though it is doudtful to reach arena 1 or 2, the two lower levels are more likely scanerios.

On another note, how crazy is it that Elliot beat out Alex Smith their freshman year there. Or whatever happened, something along those lines.

nebraskavolleyball

Um i do believe there is some one in the arena league, he is from macmurray because my brother talks about him all the time his name is frank carter and he is playing for the las vegas team i do believe, so ya this conference can produce next level guys.

maddog8

Baseball101, listen first your not even in the same class as Sergo, so stop the talk because you can't back it. cathing a TD against Lakelands 5 string does not put you in this class. NOW if you worked at football as hard as you talk s**t you could maybe be second string on CURF's team. In fact did you even start for CURF?. It would take a person like you 2 life times to be equivelant to Ryan. One thing in life you need to learn or you will struggle in the REAL WORLD like you did in football is think before you speak and be possitive towards others NOT always negitive. And we know your not from CUW because you would not of made there team, Hell second string on CURF  I am suprised the coaches even kept you around that long. Have a merry Christmas and New Year, Resolution change your attitude and thoughts towards others, you might become a better boy from it!

baseman201

Maddog-

haha, actually you are right, I am not in the same class as Sergo, because he still has one more year in D-III football, I graduate in May, so you are right on that. 

And those CURF comments, I will save my thoughts on those until the end of this post. 

First off, yes, I have many thoughts and comments, many of them negative, but if they are the truth, then I don't care if they are bashing someone, negative or what.  I don't think I have posted anything untrue on this forum yet, all my predictions have been true about games, and I stand behind everything I have said. 

2 lifetimes??? you are talking like your son is some kind of superstar.  Ok sure, he was recruited by Siginaw a D-II school, which has very good competition, and would have started, or so you say.  But still, 2 lifetimes??  That's pretty harsh.  He is a good D-III starting QB, but anything higher than D-II may be pushing it.  But hey, have him prove me wrong, and make an Arena team, shove it in my face.  I would love to say I played against someone in the Arena League.

Myself and another STARTING receiver........yes I said STARTING were recruited by CUW out of high school back in 2001 and 2002.  Since we went to private Christian high schools, and were succesful at football, we were recruited by most of the Concordias.  The other receiver went to CURF to get playing time right away since they werent having much success, and I stayed back home to go to a State school for the first couple years. (which I have my reasons for).  To make a long story short, I went to CURF last year to help out a team that won like 4 games in their last 6 years or something like that, plus to get ALOT of playing time.  We never had GREAT years at receiver because our QB was running for his life about 95% of the time, but I consider 20 yds/catch alright for our QB getting sacked 50 times a season.  Any receiver at CURF, no matter who played their, even if it was Sergo, Folliard, or White, or whoever you want to put in there, would not have had great years as a receiver at CURF.  I dont see D-III football as anything big, I see it as more fun than anything, it was something to pass the time around classes.  So maybe football wasnt a priority to me, school is much more important than football ever was.  Does playing D-III football matter in a job interview?  Don't think so, so I am going to brush off your comment about working harder at football.  I am in school for one reason, to graduate, football was just something on the side, plus it got me in great shape.

So don't tell me other players are 2 lifetimes ahead of me, it does depend on what school you play for.  And dont tell me about struggling in the REAL WORLD, we all can't work at Ford plants the rest of our lives like you. 

And you Maddog have a Merry Christmas, and  a happy New Year.  And thank you for saying Merry Christmas, and not "Happy Holidays".

Wow, I am also very harsh in my post.......sorry

bufan

Wow, you guys aren't being very friendly.  What a terrible blow about the place of employment.  That was uncalled for I think.  And if I may steal a line from "Good Will Hunting,"  he is producing/fixing a car for someone else to get to work in the morning, that IS a  pretty honorable profession, in all honesty.  Not my choice to work cause I know nothing about it at all, but still highly respectable.  And how do you know he doesn't RUN the entire plant, or something???

Baseman, you are slamming a grown man who has lived a life twice that of yours.  And he will always be that more knowledgable than you.  There are two BU alum's in the arena leagues, Josh McMillan i believe his name is plays for the Rush, and Chuck Verdone has played for the Omaha Beef, a team obviously located in Nebraska.  A lower level team, but Arena nonetheless.

disgracetofball

Fluffypuppy I agree whatever did happen to "Thunder" Dave Sunseri but I have found out.  Last heard he was coaching not special teams but more specifically "wedgebuster" for the Park Ridge Falcons. 
Next order of business...
Gomer Pyle
It is spelled congraTulations.  Don't be swayed by the banners at your kid's graDuation party.

baseman201

Hey, he takes shots, I will take shots.

It's a give and take relationship between Maddog and myself here on the D3 forums.

For some reason I don't think he runs the whole plant, but hey if he does, my apologies.

nebraskavolleyball

I just found out something very interesting, the kicker for the dolphins, went to mac.

Fluffypuppy

I thought Mare went to Greenville.

Hmm, Thunder Dave Sunseri, a wedgebuster coach, it was meant to be.