Around the East board (ideas, comments, etc.)

Started by dewcrew88, September 16, 2009, 03:42:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AUKaz00

They haven't updated the internet here in Mayberry yet today.  When I go to the ATR page I still see the link to last week's ATE about parity.  Do I need a new piece of string to connect my PC to our tin can server or what?
Check out the official card game of the AU Pep Band - Str8 Eight!

AUPepBand

Quote from: AUKaz00 on October 08, 2009, 02:32:44 PM
They haven't updated the internet here in Mayberry yet today.  When I go to the ATR page I still see the link to last week's ATE about parity.  Do I need a new piece of string to connect my PC to our tin can server or what?

Had the same deal here.....refreshed the page and Voila! All the columns were suddenly this week's!
On Saxon Warriors! On to Victory!
...Fight, fight for Alfred, A-L-F, R-E-D!

redswarm81

Quote from: Upstate on September 16, 2009, 10:02:01 PM
Quote from: redswarm81 on September 16, 2009, 09:54:45 PM

Here's some public outcry.  Bring back predictions!

Agree!

Dew, you can borrow my prediction: Not a single East Region team makes it into the d3football.com Top 25
Irritating SAT-lagging Union undergrads and alums since 1977

theoriginalupstate

Quote from: redswarm81 on October 10, 2009, 04:01:44 PM

Agree!

Dew, you can borrow my prediction: Not a single East Region team makes it into the d3football.com Top 25

I think that's a safe prediction!

dewcrew88

Agree!

Thanks. Not to be totally crude, but when it comes to the d3 top 25, we are totally ****ed. (Pulling out my inner dlip! ;)

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: dewcrew88 on October 10, 2009, 07:28:49 PM

Agree!

Thanks. Not to be totally crude, but when it comes to the d3 top 25, we are totally ****ed. (Pulling out my inner dlip! ;)

Actually, Del Val DID place #23.

While there's a lot of fb still to be played, it looks like you better set out the playoff welcome mat for the Purple Machine again (though it might also be Wesley).

dlippiel

DC great article this week. Like dlip has said in the past it is the D3.com press release he looks forward to most each week. This week was by far your best and dlip appreciates it. Unfortunately dlip has to agree on your Union/Salisbury pick. dlip lives and loves his Garnet but feels like this weekend spells trouble for the Dutch. After last weeks poor showing against SLU even at 5-1 the U has so much to prove. If they can take this one in Maryland and return at 6-1 with some momentum they may turn a corner. This is still a very very hard team to read. +k for the article!

AUPepBand

DewCrew:

Great column. As posted earlier, (and it was probably the SID at Fisher who coined the phrase, I sort of like the "Zamaitis Touch" as a spin off of "The Midas Touch." Looking forward to the battle at Growney.

Pep is hoping the band can pull it together after nearly a month not playing...   Since the Sept. 26 win over Springfield, the band had an open date Oct. 3, Mid-semester break Oct. 10 when AU beat Hartwick, and another open date Oct. 17. The band will be there early in order to warm up and see what we got. Get the fight song ready.....Stay tuned!

On Saxon Warriors!

On Saxon Warriors! On to Victory!
...Fight, fight for Alfred, A-L-F, R-E-D!

labart96

Hobart lost to Union 31-21 not 38-28, but another great ATE.

dewcrew88

Quote from: TGP on October 27, 2009, 10:06:12 PM
Hobart lost to Union 31-21 not 38-28, but another great ATE.

Why did I write it down as 38-28? Damn it. Thanks for the heads-up.

pumkinattack

That was the score of the great (I think it was an excellent game) between Bart and Union in Schenectady in 2005 for the LL championship.  Angiletta (I think) got sprung by a great WR block for a screen turned into 85ish yard play late to put a close game away.  Cragg tried to go for a TD at the end of the 1st half instead of an easy FG and got stopped as time expired. 

Good ATE.  It seems as though you've taken the (constructive) criticisms to heart and (hopefully) shelved the regular servicing of Utica and the E8.  It's easy to forget there are 50 or so teams in the region and focus on a couple, but this style of column does a greater service to everyone, including those fans of the E8. 

dewcrew88

Quote from: pumkinattack on October 28, 2009, 08:05:51 AM
That was the score of the great (I think it was an excellent game) between Bart and Union in Schenectady in 2005 for the LL championship.  Angiletta (I think) got sprung by a great WR block for a screen turned into 85ish yard play late to put a close game away.  Cragg tried to go for a TD at the end of the 1st half instead of an easy FG and got stopped as time expired. 

Good ATE.  It seems as though you've taken the (constructive) criticisms to heart and (hopefully) shelved the regular servicing of Utica and the E8.  It's easy to forget there are 50 or so teams in the region and focus on a couple, but this style of column does a greater service to everyone, including those fans of the E8. 

I try my best to have every team and every conference represented in the column.

labart96

DC even getting posts out here in LA:

Quote from: D O.C. on October 28, 2009, 12:22:12 PM
OxyBob is not shouting in the wind, so it appears

Adam Samrov  Around the East

In the ATN Podcast, Pat and Keith talk about how Mount Union could still be imported to the East even if Alfred AND Albright finish undefeated. I know that the scheduling committee picks the top four teams, regardless of region, but if two actual East Region teams finish unbeaten and Mount Union still gets imported in, the whole Division III playoff setup is a farce. A complete farce. What do you think? Do you believe the setup is unfair? E-mail me at adam.samrov@d3football.com and put ATR as the subject line.

ATE is national, yo!

Yanks 99

Quote from: TGP on October 28, 2009, 10:53:50 PM
DC even getting posts out here in LA:

Quote from: D O.C. on October 28, 2009, 12:22:12 PM
OxyBob is not shouting in the wind, so it appears

Adam Samrov  Around the East

In the ATN Podcast, Pat and Keith talk about how Mount Union could still be imported to the East even if Alfred AND Albright finish undefeated. I know that the scheduling committee picks the top four teams, regardless of region, but if two actual East Region teams finish unbeaten and Mount Union still gets imported in, the whole Division III playoff setup is a farce. A complete farce. What do you think? Do you believe the setup is unfair? E-mail me at adam.samrov@d3football.com and put ATR as the subject line.

ATE is national, yo!

DewCrew better be careful...Pat hates it when people disagree with him!!!

Pat is getting upset!!!
Hartwick College 2007 Empire 8 Champions

pumkinattack

I think in this conversation people have to separate the idea that a team from the east deserves a #1 seed on a national level (which we can't know without inter-regional games, but we all know, except RS, that there's no East team in the top 5-6 in the country) from the idea that this system masquerades as objective and pretends to take the responsibility away from the committee when in fact it's just as subjective as the old system.  Personally, with 32 teams being allowed in I think we should go back to a subjective committee based system.  If it's a regionally balanced selection committee, at 32 teams there's no way that a team who has any chance on winning the nat'l title will be excluded.  At 16, maybe the 17th best team won't win the title, but I'd believe that the 17th best team could influence the outcome (knock off a better team that might knock off a nat'l contender or have some other influence depending on pairings).  I think some people only hear the complaint about the East not getting a number #1 seed and it gives them cover to ignore the imperfections in the system, which given the financial constraints may always create a problem, but at least the NCAA should grow a sack, be transparent and open to criticism, or maybe more schools should follow the NESCAC route and/or drop major D1 FB/BB into a separate entity since that's all that drives the NCAA and it doesn't appear to represent the rest of the system very well.  I also blame school administrators for not taking a stand, but we all know 99% of them are gutless at the end of the day anyway.