2010 Cortaca Jug

Started by Bombers798891, November 08, 2010, 09:56:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedDragonFan

Quote from: maxpower on November 09, 2010, 12:10:07 PM
Quote from: RedDragonFan on November 09, 2010, 12:08:40 PM
Quote from: maxpower on November 09, 2010, 12:03:06 PM
Quote from: RedDragonFan on November 09, 2010, 12:00:17 PM
Now, back to my research on the origin of the forward pass!  Hope I am done by Saturday's game time!

(Hint: Start at Harvard. True story!)
True and also interesting that there are documented plays prior to the rules change where forward passes were made despite being illegal at the time and the plays stood.

Were those "activist" line judges? ;)
Nice

RedDragonFan

Quote from: clandfan on November 09, 2010, 12:35:39 PM
How does this velcro stuff work?  Are you supposed to lick it first?

As the Velcro motto states, "Just stick with it" clandfan

Bombers798891

Quote from: clandfan on November 09, 2010, 12:35:39 PM
How does this velcro stuff work?  Are you supposed to lick it first?

Sorry Bombers, cranky morning.  I just find that there are too many variables to try to compare.  We do have a related opponent.  Lycoming beat you...Rowan beat Lycoming....Rowan beat us.  We will say that we shouldn't have lost to Rowan.  You probably shouldn't have lost to Lycoming.  Rowan will say they are playing much better now than when they played Lycoming.  I don't know what Lycoming would say.  So did we lose to the better Rowan?  I will say that we stunk in the second half of that game.  So if a bad Rowan beat Lycoming and Lycoming beat you, would Rowan beat you?  Would we beat Lycoming? What does this mean?  Damned if I know.

I will say this...our rush defense is solid and your rush offense isn't.  The question will be whether, or not, our pass defense is up to the task.  And then, of course, can we score points with our Jekyl and Hyde offense. 

No worries at all...of course it's an endless stream of variables..I just have no life, so I like to discuss things to death.

How did you guys keep Pitcher healthy? Did he have to use safety scissors and non-toxic crayons in class? I'm excited to face a Cortland QB that's started this year! Makes me harken back to the Tutweiller (or however you spelled it) era

As for the velco, if it's too hard, try using glue. But man, throw some insults back for crying out loud! Tuition prices, hippies, there's no end to the possibilities

RedDragonFan

IC Alumni Association president declares 2010...a kindler and gentler Cortaca.

maxpower

Quote from: Bombers798891 on November 09, 2010, 01:07:15 PM
Did he have to use safety scissors and non-toxic crayons in class?

Cortland Prof: "Everyone take out your safety pencil and a circle of paper."

"I'm from Canada Cortland, and they think I'm slow, eh?"

RedDragonFan

Quote from: RedDragonFan on November 09, 2010, 01:14:55 PM

BTW...it's not his right hand that I find disturbing!

Yanks 99

Quote from: RedDragonFan on November 09, 2010, 01:50:01 PM

Maybe he is just getting ready to hand out some change to the bums/recent Cortland grads begging for money on the street...
Hartwick College 2007 Empire 8 Champions

RedDragonFan

Quote from: Yanks 99 on November 09, 2010, 01:54:59 PM
Quote from: RedDragonFan on November 09, 2010, 01:50:01 PM

Maybe he is just getting ready to hand out some change to the bums/recent Cortland grads begging for money on the street...
Or just reminiscing about the reach arounds he used to get from his roommate back in the day at Boothroyd Hall.

Bombers798891

When Cortland's seniors graduate at the end of this season, which will they regret never having experienced the most?

1. A Cortaca victory
2. Functional literacy
3. The touch of a woman

Knightstalker

Quote from: Bombers798891 on November 09, 2010, 04:13:56 PM
When Cortland's seniors graduate at the end of this season, which will they regret never having experienced the most?

1. A Cortaca victory
2. Functional literacy
3. The touch of a woman

The Ithaca Seniors and grads also have regret number 3.

"In the end we will survive rather than perish not because we accumulate comfort and luxury but because we accumulate wisdom"  Colonel Jack Jacobs US Army (Ret).

RedDragonFan

Quote from: Knightstalker on November 09, 2010, 04:21:50 PM

1. A Cortaca victory
2. Functional literacy
3. The touch of a woman

Bomber Line Play

Knightstalker

Quote from: RedDragonFan on November 09, 2010, 04:37:54 PM
Quote from: Knightstalker on November 09, 2010, 04:21:50 PM

1. A Cortaca victory
2. Functional literacy
3. The touch of a woman

Bomber Line Play

BOL that is a good one.  +K  To RDF and Bombers for trying to light it up a little.

"In the end we will survive rather than perish not because we accumulate comfort and luxury but because we accumulate wisdom"  Colonel Jack Jacobs US Army (Ret).

RedDragonFan

Thanks KS all in good fun.

JQV

Wait.  It is Cortaca Week?  Why wasn't I informed?

I gave a bum $20 three weeks ago and told him to call me when his alma mater had a meaningful game.  I need my money back.

JQV

Apparently, it has been quite a while since I posted.  Check out that signature picture.

Sweet.